Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game drops to 0 FPS when players join.

LexiChick

This is only one of my bugs I've found, but when players load into the game, the game drops to 0 FPS. This also happens sometimes when playing normally.

If you want to know my specs, here:

- NVIDIA GTX 970

- Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz

- 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance CL16 @2400mhz 16-16-16-16-39

- 250GB Samsung SSD

- 2TB HDD

I've optimized and verified on the launcher, even on Steam. Nothing works.

Yep. It happens to me too whenever somebody joins or when i deploy a Specter. This is most notable on hub areas where players are endlessly joining.

- Windows 10 (up to date)

- i5 7600K @4.2GHz

- GTX 970 SC (changing drivers made no difference)

- 16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws

We both exceed the recommended specs. This is clearly something on their end.

Edited by TwwiX

I guess you have a fluid gameplay when soloing? What do you mean by 0 fps? Does it go back up? Is it freezing permanently?

What's your networking cards / mainboards and router you are using? Maybe something is going terrible wrong on that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-04 at 11:51 AM, striker890 said:

I guess you have a fluid gameplay when soloing? What do you mean by 0 fps? Does it go back up? Is it freezing permanently?

What's your networking cards / mainboards and router you are using? Maybe something is going terrible wrong on that.

Yes. It goes back. It's usually a rather large frame drop for me whenever a player joins or whenever i deploy a custom Specter.

The Hub areas are the worst since players are constantly joining but it appears to be random. At least, on my end. Maybe it only happens when a specific player model is being loaded.

I don't know what the cause is but it's definitely related to player models. No spikes when it comes to the CPU or GPU usage though.

Would like to note, this happens to me as well; I'm running a GTX 950A, 70fps the entire time until someone joins in any mission. It freezes / hangs for a good bit, and then after they join fixes itself. No GPU or CPU spikes occur on my end as well, fan doesn't even kick on to indicate it's working harder whatsoever.

From my experience, this game seems to handle memory swapping quite poorly; anytime it has to load something in, there's a considerable freeze / waiting period. I'm not sure what kind of disks or memory DE use for their test builds, but I've had these issues on every PC i've played on.

• 1 month later...

I can also report when I'm the host and players load in. It can be any random player in order 1st, 3rd, and will cause this.

When this bug occurs, no common plants, missions, warframes that I can tell are causing this and something else is the issue.

W10 Pro 1803, Ryzen 1700, Biostar X370, Latest AGESA, 399.97 Drivers w/ 1070.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with synchronising the new player in with all other players in the squad. Since it's a P2P system, the host has to make sure everything is in sync, the game probably just needs a second to do that.