Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Eidolons Are Not Fun For New Players

Yes I said it so sue me. Those still hear wanting to listen please your welcome to stay.

My biggest problem with doing Eidolons and why they aren't fun is because of the Elitist and the Spartan nature of most players in them right now.

I am a Casual Player.... I have to be. I have a job a life other than Warframe. Yes I'm willing to learn how to play the game better but I do not have alot of time. If your listening you might be one of us.
As such I am getting tired that everyone wants to do 5 caps a night and will be rude, derogatory or quit when you are doing the caps because 'You don't know what your doing!' I'm here to have fun folks. I'm hear to get my daily stuff and then I have to go back to work..... only on weekends when I relax is when I have more time.

Tonight I just lost being able to do a second Tridolon cap because, "I don't know how to use Chroma so don't come back till you do. *User is ignoring you*"

Now you are entitled to your opinion and I'm ok with it. But I'm tired of not being able to do Tridolons because someone demands 100+ caps and One-shotting Chroma. This is the same reason I never will play Trials/Raids. You want only PROS to help you then teach people to be pros and don't discourage casuals or New players! Hell in your recruiting advertisement put PROS ONLY or ANYONE WELCOME. If I have to get "searched" at the door to Cetus to see if I have the right tools and then ignored when I say I only have 30 kills....... I want my arcanes! I want my cores! I want my shards! I want to have fun playing everything WARFRAME has to offer.

For any of those that want to learn how to do Tridolons or would like to casual do them with no rush: IGN: IgnisDraconis4316.

And DE: @[DE]Steve and @[DE]Rebecca this is going on alot. I hope Venus' Eidolon makes players less aggressive...... or you might lose alot of new players and casuals. Which I don't want to see 😞

Цитата

Now you are entitled to your opinion and I'm ok with it. But I'm tired of not being able to do Tridolons because someone demands 100+ caps and One-shotting Chroma. 

So lower their or or your expectations and host a 2x caps instead of 3x3 or 4x3. Problem solved.

Also I can spend up to 25 minutes looking at the recruiting chat and not see a SINGLE person hosting 4x3 or someone who demands x caps, which what I want to see so whenever I read such things I automatically assume people are basically lying when they say they can't find a semi-relaxed chill 3x3 runs. Because 80% of people don't even say anything other than which warfarmes they want to see. They don't demand rivens, oneshots and don't even say which is it they want to do 2x3, 3x3 or 4x3. If you say nothing, you're prepared for anything.

Also you have to remember that way WAY more people do not host but just want to join which means that if someone says H Eidolon 3x3 he will be swarmed with offers. 10 volts will message him, 10 harrows, 5 chromas and 2 trinities. And unsurprisingly, host can pick whoever the hell he wants. Unsurprisingly, if he doesn't know you whe will pick whoever did more runs if he's aiming for 3x3 or 4x3 at least. If you can't pull that off, aim for 2x3 and host yourself. If you will not say that you need x,y,z, you will find 3 players no problems. It's that easy. 

Цитата

They arent for new players thats the thing. Also if you want to run them then use casual groups which are available.

Also this.

You walked into and end-game content but you want to do no less than 3x3 with randoms while not being a host. That's not how it works amigo.

Why being a host is important? Because if you're one, you set the rules, you invite, you pick. You can do whatever the hell you want, you can pick hatever the hell you want. You can even run different comp setup. Even IF people will question you - you have to remember once again, that there's lots of people waiting to get a host and not as many of those around. For a single host there's at least 10 players witing to get invited. 

If you don't want to host - and having a "bad connection" is still completely on you - you can only expect scraps and wait like a Hachiko to be picked. Just like in real life, if you have no experience, you have no value for such content. So you will need to start from the bottom and stop bothering those who did more than 100, 200, 300 runs because they're already accustomed to a different pace than you and can do more than you can.

Цитата

I want my arcanes! I want my cores! I want my shards!

Sounds like a total 4 years old.

Go and get your x,y,z. Other people want things too, and what you want is two completely different things.

Edited by -Temp0-

As the others mentioned, Eidolon is meant to challenge high level players and is in no way meant to be 'fun' , unless your eidolon gets stuck on a rock and barely does anything the entire fight like the Hydrolyst did in a tricap I was in not too long ago. 

Also I suggest going to Cetus at dusk and starting a Tridolon run because I find that the best time to get good teammates who know what they're doing and don't mind what you're using as long as it's not a Excal with a Burston rifle.

One last tip, avoid RC at all costs when finding squads for hunts because 50% of the recruiters are low levels trying to get carried and the other 50 are tryhards who think they'll die if they don't cap in less than 10 minutes. Remember that and you'll be alright.

I was the host and the guy was bossing me around. I couldn't do anything about it because he only became vocal around the Gauntalyst. Because I wasn't one shotting the limbs. They other guys left because he was telling us all how 5x3 groups do it when I specifically told him I was doing 2x3 or 3x3. Then he left with 25 mins on the clock because we didn't have enough time to do a second set of Tridolons

Thanks for stating my age because I want the things that you can only get from the Eidolons. I was hosting 2x3 or 3x3 caps and they guy left my group because the first run wasn't done in 10 mins......

And yes they do demand 100x caps because otherwise you don't know anything. " Just like in real life, if you have no experience, you have no value for such content." And who said that? Dude I have been here for 5 years of the game! I have done Eidolon hunts with my clan. I don't need to be told I don't know what I'm doing or have no value.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

As the others mentioned, Eidolon is meant to challenge high level players and is in no way meant to be 'fun' , unless your eidolon gets stuck on a rock and barely does anything the entire fight like the Hydrolyst did in a tricap I was in not too long ago. 

Also I suggest going to Cetus at dusk and starting a Tridolon run because I find that the best time to get good teammates who know what they're doing and don't mind what you're using as long as it's not a Excal with a Burston rifle.

One last tip, avoid RC at all costs when finding squads for hunts because 50% of the recruiters are low levels trying to get carried and the other 50 are tryhards who think they'll die if they don't cap in less than 10 minutes. Remember that and you'll be alright.

I will question they "no way meant to be fun" part because DE says that they want the game to be fun. I argue that all the game can be fun.

Regardless I agree with what you have said cause I have had some good groups at around the time you mentioned. I also agree with the Tyrhards comment. Except for that first part I agree wholeheartedly........ still I just got a Arcane Energize from the fight so I can't complain too much but I will take what you said and not only host but find better groups.

Thanks for your tips..... they've been alot more helpful then most @(PS4)Equinox21697

It's generally enough to specify what you want. 

IE when i want to chill i just say so in recruit chat, "H chill/slow tridolon 3 spots". Opposite when i go for 2/3x3 (i rarely get a full night because of work so 4x3 are mostly impossible) 

Never had any issues. Multiple times we carried 1-2 total newbies through while cracking jokes and shiggles. 

IMHO the problem with Eidolons is he timer, full stop. 

It's the fact that people only have a very limited window and a protracted period where they can't access them at all.... turn otherwise semi rational people into salty salty jerks. 

Ditch the timers and you ditch 80% of what makes grouping for Eidolons so toxic. 

8 hours ago, Oreades said:

IMHO the problem with Eidolons is he timer, full stop. 

It's the fact that people only have a very limited window and a protracted period where they can't access them at all.... turn otherwise semi rational people into salty salty jerks. 

Ditch the timers and you ditch 80% of what makes grouping for Eidolons so toxic. 

Ikr, took out the first two and was in the process of taking out the third, Garry I think, and suddenly a wild Onko appears!!!

13 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Ikr, took out the first two and was in the process of taking out the third, Garry I think, and suddenly a wild Onko appears!!!

Yesterday I was actually in the third Tridolon hunt Ive ever bothered with and so far I guess I'd gotten lucky. Because I'd managed to swing groups who where all pulling about their weight. 

The first two went off pretty OK(ish) but the Hydrolist kept wiping our lures, we'd get more and it would wipe them again. To the point that we effectively ran out of time and OMG one guy got so super salty over voice chat that it was actually kinda funny. 

And the whole time I'm just sitting there quietly thinking...... "and who's the idiot who went into a pub match expecting anything?" Tho if not for the timer we could have powered through it. 

I agree with them not being for new players and yeah there are some die hard warframe players that only like to play with other skilled players, that’s just a preference per every individual lol. Eventually you’ll find a skilled player who has nothing better to do than to teach a newbie how to warframe. Unfortunately it may take up to a year to ACTUALLY be considered good 

Y'all saying eidolons aren't for new players.

You won't ever stop being a new player if you can't play the content (after all eidolons are super different from star map and no matter how much you do that you'll still be a new player when you first do eidolons).

It's like a catch 22 thing, this content is only for people that have done it before. "Then how do you begin doing it?" "Don't care, I know I did it before!"

Every content is for new players. It just won't be easy. You also might not want to deal with new players. Both are valid things.

Just realize you WILL deal with new players if you're not rolling with an established group, it's the nature of public games (yes, even recruited parties, mostly because nobody wants to do fine combing during recruiting)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Julian_Skies said:

You won't ever stop being a new player if you can't play the content (after all eidolons are super different from star map and no matter how much you do that you'll still be a new player when you first do eidolons).

It's like a catch 22 thing, this content is only for people that have done it before. "Then how do you begin doing it?" "Don't care, I know I did it before!"

Every content is for new players. It just won't be easy. You also might not want to deal with new players. Both are valid things.

Just realize you WILL deal with new players if you're not rolling with an established group, it's the nature of public games (yes, even recruited parties, mostly because nobody wants to do fine combing during recruiting)

Restored my faith in the PC community you did.  

One thing to add is, as a comfortably not-new player...I don't find the Eidolons all that much fun.  They feel more like a job really, and I get enough of that IRL.

When I first heard about them I had visions of Valkyrs Riplining into them and Atlases Skypunching their arms off with the help of Kiddos using similarly fun abilities with Niduses larva-ing balls of mobs in their faces only to have them exploded by Zephyrs with Sobeks using Acid Shells or something. 

Instead they feel more like old school MMO bosses rather than fun and frantic Warframe action..especially with all the invulnerability gates (I understand the way bullet sponges can get overwhelmed, but was hoping for max damage caps or high resistance, not hitboxes and a complete inability to use melee on them or target them with powers)

That's personal opinion only, but I do think part of the problem here is that for many of us (especially new players) the joy of Warframe is mobile, frantic, and being able to RAWR.

Edited by FreeWilliam

23 hours ago, Julian_Skies said:

Not at all, but if you don't know how to play the frames well you won't do well at eidolons. You can certainly learn to play Chroma well elsewhere BEFORE going to eidolons. The problem is people see the Eidolons and want to hunt them, then figure it out people want Chroma, so they get Chroma specifically to do eidolons and then try to "learn on the job". Just so they can jump into Eidolons at MR6 or whatever the minimum for the quests are (and get to MR 6 by power leveling items in Hydron so they never really played them).

Sure there is an additional learning curve for Eidolon hunting, but that shouldn't be on top of learning to play the base frame.  No, not all content is for new players. If that is true then there is no content for seasoned players.

3 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Not at all, but if you don't know how to play the frames well you won't do well at eidolons. You can certainly learn to play Chroma well elsewhere BEFORE going to eidolons. The problem is people see the Eidolons and want to hunt them, then figure it out people want Chroma, so they get Chroma specifically to do eidolons and then try to "learn on the job". Just so they can jump into Eidolons at MR6 or whatever the minimum for the quests are (and get to MR 6 by power leveling items in Hydron so they never really played them).

Sure there is an additional learning curve for Eidolon hunting, but that shouldn't be on top of learning to play the base frame.  No, not all content is for new players. If that is true then there is no content for seasoned players.

But content being for seasoned players by no means indicates it's not for seasoned players, however. There is no dichotomy here after all. What new players need is the ability to keep attempting until they stop being new, what seasoned players need is a challenge. Isn't all content like that? 

Though I also have to relatively disagree on where to learn to 'play your frame', mostly because the game doesn't have anywhere that enforces that to a high level other than, well, sorties and Eidolons (and most recently ESO). There's nowhere to "learn" how to play your frame the way you're saying because there's almost nowhere you can go where you feel the need, or hek even have the feedback on how well you're playing. An Eidolon, which is in effect a raid boss, isn't really a place to learn how to play. The game lacks much of anywhere, though...

Not saying having a newbie around isn't aggravating, hell yeah it can be particularly if you were hoping to pin on them a critical role that you now can't rely on having done. But that's what you get for not doing careful screening of who you're playing with, new players need to play the game to stop being new, they ARE going to play that content because it is inherently for them because they can just try it again until they learn it. YOU don't want to deal with them, it's understandable, but if you're carelessly allowing anyone in your team you're going to get them.

On a tangential note what is "playing chroma well" that is unrelated to the Eidolon fight? Far as I understand you just need to know what mods to use to get enough damage to oneshot a limb with a properly built weapon and have someone tell the highly anti-intuitive hint that using self-damage to top off Vex Armor quickly is a thing you can do. The rest is just down to the unique mechanics of Eidolon fights. Of course, I am probably misinformed but nothing I see seems to indicate otherwise?

• 1 month later...

i don't understand why people complain when they do it in a pug. if a player goes on the Hunt in a pug, that means he accepts the possibility that this entire pug will be full of people who are new to the encounter, people who have no idea what to do, people who have no idea how to play, people with a wrong focus school, wrong weapons etc. Therefore that player or players should not complain while being a part of a pug. Wanna do it properly? do it in a premade squad.

On 2018-07-29 at 10:10 AM, IgnisDraconis4316 said:

As such I am getting tired that everyone wants to do 5 caps a night and will be rude, derogatory or quit when you are doing the caps because 'You don't know what your doing!' I'm here to have fun folks. I'm hear to get my daily stuff and then I have to go back to work..... only on weekends when I relax is when I have more time.

You are not eligible for a super-pro 150+ caps team? I simply build my team in recruiting chat asking for a "chilled tridolon run". Never had problems of toxicity, only people wanting do max 2x captures in relax. If there are unexperienced players we politely explain them what to do. Try that

• 2 weeks later...

They aren't fun at all. I hate doing it still and I still don't fully get it and i maxed out the standing with the quills. I'm still doing it for the junk I need from the quills vendor but I intensely dislike fighting them. I thought I would have liked it too being a dark souls player and liking boss battles but it's confusing and annoying to me and almost worse than archwing.

i find eidolon hunt are enjoyable,
it the just the lure system bugs me out, 
and if you don't have trinity you lose.
overall it fun to play as volt to help taking down shield while other player do their own roles to prevent other player from taking magnetic damage and heal lures,
it's a fun teamplay if you ask me, im looking forward for more mode like this

Edited by HEA-Devazone