Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag: Synergy Proposal

Ghooze

Hi folks,

I make it short
Polarize does pretty much not what the name suggests. It suggests Polarizing enemies, making them more susceptible to magnetic effects like pull, the magnetize pull or crush. yet it does nothing of this sort. 

-------------- Proposal ---------------------
Polarize:
add a Magnetic proc to the enemies.

Pull:
change the dmg bonus with Magnetize to "affected with magnetic proc".
The "affected by magnetise" right now only seems to be working for the actual Magnetized victim, not the rest inside the bubble. and even if it did, why would i want to pull them out of there?

Magnetize:
Make it pull in enemies in from further away if they are affected by  a magnetic proc.

Crush:
Switch the dmg bonus to apply only when enemies affected by Magnetic proc
-------------------------------------

Love mag, love playing her but i realy feel like there is a lot of missed opportunity here with badly synergizing abbilities. Mos of them revolve arround "magnetize", which is single target, but the Damage Bonuses for abilities, are mostly multitarget. So worst case scenario, 1 out of 20 mobs get a dmage bonus (pull and crush)? why even botrher adding that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-29 at 9:19 AM, Ghooze said:

Polarize:

ive also considered this and if it was in addition to current magnetize then thatd be nice

Pull:
The "affected by magnetise" right now only seems to be working for the actual Magnetized victim, not the rest inside the bubble. and even if it did, why would i want to pull them out of there?

yeah much more reasonable though not that it would matter much since pulls damage is still so abysmal

Magnetize:
Make it pull in enemies in from further away if they are affected by  a magnetic proc.

would be veryhelpful, also maybe increase the speed/pull strength on magnetized enemies bc sometimes theyll be able to walk right through if theyre faster and near the edge

Crush:

much more reasonable and useful

your changes are definitely more thematically fitting and useful but mags primary issue is lack of survivability at higher levels which should take priority over your changes even though theyre also needed.

Edited by JarodDempsey

Gerade eben schrieb JarodDempsey:

your changes are definitely more thematically fitting but mags orimary issue is lack of survivability at higher levels which should take priority over your changes even though theyre also needed.

i honstely have no survive issues with mag. Counterpulse gave her soooo much of that and Crush is pretty much a insta shield recharge.
That beeing said, if she is out of energy she is pretty much dead. which would be solved if pull was able to actualy kill something and generare energy orbs in the process.

• 3 weeks later...
Citation

Polarize:

This is fair deal, may happen.

Citation

Pull:

If it is about being able to trigger extra damage with right weapon (magnetic) or by other players then yes.

Citation

Magnetize:

One pull is enought. The Pul abillity should do it.

Citation

Crush:

This is serious nerf, why you suggest that?  Against Grineer Magnetic status is pointless. And Fracturing Crush makes Mag ok against Grineer.

Some things which should happen with Mag at some point:

• Make Pull energy orb spawn somehow noticable. For example instead of base on loot table, have some own chance (like 5%) to tear energy orb out of live corpus. Generally base on loottable also sabotise others farm so no. Dont even need to be often, just noticable.
  • Make Pull use shards in some way, like carring them and adding slash damage from shards if we make true shardnado.
  • Make Crush generate shards out of bones of our enemies.
  • Make Mag suck more (passive) during aim glide. So passive will trigger more often.

Dont try to hard. And dont make it even more complex. No stacks! Mag is generally ok.

Edited by felixsylvaris

On 2018-07-29 at 10:19 AM, Ghooze said:

Hi folks,

I make it short
Polarize does pretty much not what the name suggests. It suggests Polarizing enemies, making them more susceptible to magnetic effects like pull, the magnetize pull or crush. yet it does nothing of this sort. 

-------------- Proposal ---------------------
Polarize:

Pull:

Magnetize:

Crush:
-------------------------------------

Love mag, love playing her but i realy feel like there is a lot of missed opportunity here with badly synergizing abbilities. Mos of them revolve arround "magnetize", which is single target, but the Damage Bonuses for abilities, are mostly multitarget. So worst case scenario, 1 out of 20 mobs get a dmage bonus (pull and crush)? why even botrher adding that?

(it's implied that your reversing the polarity on Corpus shields making them explpode as for what it does to grineer armor? Magnetizing different parts with different polarities so it rips itself apart?)

What I think would be nice is a augment for pull that just pulls enemies into a magnetize bubble instead of to the Mag.  Or perhaps make it so Magnetize pull strength is greater with in range of enemies that have magnetic procs going on them.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb felixsylvaris:

This is serious nerf, why you suggest that?  Against Grineer Magnetic status is pointless. And Fracturing Crush makes Mag ok against Grineer.

its jsut adding a procc, not removing the dmage it does right now.
yeah, the procc itself is pointless against grineer but so is the dmg bonus crush gets from Magnetize, since its only applied for the the magnetized victim and not the rest inside bubble.
so, why is this a nerf?

il y a 34 minutes, Ghooze a dit :

its jsut adding a procc, not removing the dmage it does right now.
yeah, the procc itself is pointless against grineer but so is the dmg bonus crush gets from Magnetize, since its only applied for the the magnetized victim and not the rest inside bubble.
so, why is this a nerf?

I think that WF community have strong sense of justice and eye for big numbers. And nuke abillities deal around 1000-1500 damage. If combo Polarize + Crush could create 3000 damage nuke that could create desire to rise the bar with other similar abillities, and be difficult to balance at low level.

Mag was once time a Corpus killer.....they didnt have a lvl cap. But he Dies.

Now shes okey , Magnetize and Lanka / Zenistar for killing bosses. Or enemy's with very High lvl.

Greedy Mag was pretty okey for CC and Loot. But he Dies.

Polorize and Crush its okey for max lvl 70-80 . Its pretty Casual.

Greetz

Clapy