Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

melee needs a rework in conclave

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

channel blocking 

as shown in the video above to get a kill by holding down block with a melee weapon requires not much energy or effort, the player I was fighting was a frost prim with a boltor prime, one of the most tanking warframes in conclave with one of the fastest firing weapons ( you know, the type of weapon recommended to beat channel blocking

fix

remove the ability to reflect the projectiles back at opponents 

or

remove the immunity and replace with an extra 5% damage reduction on channeling 

or 

allow weapons with punch through to shoot through channel blocking 

easy combos

the problem with most melee weapons in conclave is how easy the majority of combos are to execute. the nikana, blade whip, hammers and heavy blades all have easily spammed combos that give them easy kills due to knockdown or stagger of the enemy on completion.

fix

change to combos to require a longer button press list in order to limit the spam 

or 

have a combo cooldown timer of 4-6 seconds to force the melee user to properly master their weapon in order to reap the weapons full potential 

heart seaker 

again shown at the end of the video above you can see how effortless it is to chase down a player with a dagger using one of the slowest warframes in game. 

fix

flat out remove it

zaw damage

the majority of zaws have all the same problems above with the added bonus of having more range and more attack speed, ever since they were allowed to be used in conclave they have been nothing but trouble.

fix

decrease their damage range and attack speed.

or 

remove them from being able to be used in conclave.

I agree most of the points you raised, especially with regards to heart seeker and zaws. Gotta say though, even with the video, it's hard to believe how fast people die from getting their shots reflected. I'm certain it takes a good half mag of a karak being reflected back to kill me. Defiantly not 3 shots like you showed.

Might be different on PC though, which may mean damage reflected is bugged for console.

2 minutes ago, KingOfGirth said:

I agree most of the points you raised, especially with regards to heart seeker and zaws. Gotta say though, even with the video, it's hard to believe how fast people die from getting their shots reflected. I'm certain it takes a good half mag of a karak being reflected back to kill me. Defiantly not 3 shots like you showed.

Might be different on PC though, which may mean damage reflected is bugged for console.

for certain weapons, it's not so bad, but you would need to go out of your way to specifically play with only those weapons. at the end of the day it needs changed 

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

So long as it's a Console only balance patch.

On PC it would make melee pointless. Unless the balance patch comes to both with an equal nerf to gun damage.

That would definitely be a possibility in the future for a good portion of weapons. But one step at a time i say

hace 1 hora, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX dijo:

That would definitely be a possibility in the future for a good portion of weapons. But one step at a time i say

I agree on it.

Now, on the melee topic. I think before any nerf in damage, we should add 1 extra attack to combos: EpauseEE>>>EEpauseEE and see what happens. We should also wait for the melee revamp that's coming.

On the topic of Zaws, I think they should stay on the game, but with a major balance change: all melee weapons of the same type having the exact same stats, unless they have some gimmick that may require it's stats adjusted.

5 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

I agree on it.

Now, on the melee topic. I think before any nerf in damage, we should add 1 extra attack to combos: EpauseEE>>>EEpauseEE and see what happens. We should also wait for the melee revamp that's coming.

On the topic of Zaws, I think they should stay on the game, but with a major balance change: all melee weapons of the same type having the exact same stats, unless they have some gimmick that may require it's stats adjusted.

I think zaws should have a gimmick but nothing super op, an example being for every successful hit 20% of the targets magazine is wasted on the equipped gun 

hace 1 hora, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX dijo:

I think zaws should have a gimmick but nothing super op, an example being for every successful hit 20% of the targets magazine is wasted on the equipped gun 

I was thinking normalizing stats on all non-gimmick, non-elemental melee weapons by type. ie: All Nikanas (vanilla, prime, dragon, zaw) having the same stats, etc etc.

At least the same attack speed/damage ratios. That way balancing becomes easier.

Depending on what melee you use melee in conclave can be broken even without channeling. The only way I can escape noob knockdown spammers is if I use the parkour. It forces them to actually try to aim unless they're using and AOE weapon or tank frames. I don't like using sonicor, staticor, or just hardcore knockdown weapons because they take no skill but let's be honest almost nobody in conclave has good skills except for several people. Conclave is basically a dead pvp but they can possibly make up for it through creating better pvp modes. It might not be easy so we should give [DE] a bit of time. When we approach new pvp in the future I do expect more unique and fairer game modes. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)DarkRiddeth said:

Depending on what melee you use melee in conclave can be broken even without channeling. The only way I can escape noob knockdown spammers is if I use the parkour. It forces them to actually try to aim unless they're using and AOE weapon or tank frames. I don't like using sonicor, staticor, or just hardcore knockdown weapons because they take no skill but let's be honest almost nobody in conclave has good skills except for several people. Conclave is basically a dead pvp but they can possibly make up for it through creating better pvp modes. It might not be easy so we should give [DE] a bit of time. When we approach new pvp in the future I do expect more unique and fairer game modes. 

These hard knockdown weapons have a place in conclave due to the infinite stamina players have, i agree that they require no effort but they do have a place.

Also melee is the topic of this conversation, discussion on further changes can come later 

hace 4 horas, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX dijo:

So after watching the recent devstream i have more concerns for melee in conclave than when i started this post. More on that when i get the time to type them all out 

Well, they ARE probably going to rebalance melee in conclave as well, since they need to update the Conclave stances.

• 2 weeks later...

Some melee weps are so powerfule they kill with1/2 hits, this

guy used his dagger zaw and lacera 20 kills and 3 deaths not once did he switch to a gun

another guy did 1 slam with his staticor and wiped my shield and life out

here I was using the skijati which struggles to kill even after 7 hits.

there is major differences of damage between weps

Edited by (PS4)Shukoa_E_Daniyal

So quick update.

In the build notes there has been no cobclave changes reducible the damage of vubans teslas in conclave. I feel this thread needs more attention in order to achieve the optimum outcome.

An actual reply from the conclave team and ultimately the implementation of the 1 or more of the suggested changes for each category 

I agree with the statement as Melee can track you due to the settings in the controls section in the options menu as there is a feature of aline camera with melee making e.g. (heart seeker) broken as even when you bullet jump and try to get away you won't be able to as it can hit you while you're in the air and stagger you while they are MORE than one meater away. The damage and the attack speed of a zaw dagger is too much taking approximately three hits to kill a middle class frame such as excal with the attack speed of 0.95 to 1.15 without martial fury (As you can't put heart seeker and martial fury together). Channel blocking has in my honest opinion ruined most of the chances that shooters have against melee as they can redirect our shots with little to no problem and benefit by hitting us with our shots so we have to use a automatic riffle such as the braton to attempt to counter it while the player firing takes the damage from the blocked shots, for a game that is meant to have multiple ways to deal with situations this has proven that the devs have failed to implement this. By equiping melee you have the benefit of gaining 0.1 mobility and 0.1 sprint speed from (sword alone) making it easier for melee players to get in close and alow them to use a spamable combo that could insta kill a player e.g Hammers, zaws, mios, daggers ect

In my opinion, melee needs a better look into as the conclave devs have clearly not PROPERLY looked into melee in conclave as there have countless of requests for them to fix it and hardly anything has been done (granted that they looked into nikana and the stance (fateful truth). 

Edited by (PS4)prisonerzero4300

13 hours ago, (PS4)prisonerzero4300 said:

I agree with the statement as Melee can track you due to the settings in the controls section in the options menu as there is a feature of aline camera with melee making e.g. (heart seeker) broken as even when you bullet jump and try to get away you won't be able to as it can hit you while you're in the air and stagger you while they are MORE than one meater away. The damage and the attack speed of a zaw dagger is too much taking approximately three hits to kill a middle class frame such as excal with the attack speed of 0.95 to 1.15 without martial fury (As you can't put heart seeker and martial fury together). Channel blocking has in my honest opinion ruined most of the chances that shooters have against melee as they can redirect our shots with little to no problem and benefit by hitting us with our shots so we have to use a automatic riffle such as the braton to attempt to counter it while the player firing takes the damage from the blocked shots, for a game that is meant to have multiple ways to deal with situations this has proven that the devs have failed to implement this. By equiping melee you have the benefit of gaining 0.1 mobility and 0.1 sprint speed from (sword alone) making it easier for melee players to get in close and alow them to use a spamable combo that could insta kill a player e.g Hammers, zaws, mios, daggers ect

In my opinion, melee needs a better look into as the conclave devs have clearly not PROPERLY looked into melee in conclave as there have countless of requests for them to fix it and hardly anything has been done (granted that they looked into nikana and the stance (fateful truth). 

This is why this post needs more attention so that the conclave devs finally see it.

100% accurate on your feedback 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Update.

As it stands. No acknowledgement from the conclave team on this matter, seems they are busy with other projects or just dont care about the feedback section fpr conclave 

Conclave isnt a major thing to the devs eventhough there is passionate people playing it. The community gets smaller and smaller as they dont fix the issues. Either fix the problems (Melee) or get rid of it

1 minute ago, (PS4)prisonerzero4300 said:

Conclave isnt a major thing to the devs eventhough there is passionate people playing it. The community gets smaller and smaller as they dont fix the issues. Either fix the problems (Melee) or get rid of it

Well melee being the topic of this thread, i feel like if they were to implement most or all my changes it would make conclave a lot more balanced