Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get combat birds?

YukimaruLegends

I'd love to have a bird companion. Sentinels are kind of dull, you could have all sorts of exotic flying species as bird companions. They'd have to be birds of prey I suppose, unless you could command a flock of pigeons that would spray their "stuff" on unsuspecting enemies. Guano Skoom!

1 minute ago, rastaban75 said:

I'd love to have a bird companion. Sentinels are kind of dull, you could have all sorts of exotic flying species as bird companions. They'd have to be birds of prey I suppose, unless you could command a flock of pigeons that would spray their "stuff" on unsuspecting enemies. Guano Skoom!

You know, that just made me think of zephyr summoning a flock of them.

Some kind of genetically recreated bird? YES PLEASE!

Just as kubrow are sort of like dogs, and kavat are sort of like cats... Maybe it could be called a "Krawk" or something. Korvawk? Karow? Hrmm...

I'd love to see something that's "sort of" like different kinds of birds for the different breeds. Eagles, condors, ospreys, hawks. Ooh, ravens!

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Ive been wanting combat birds since PoE went live a year ago. Apart from decorations from earth, sentinels, and ospreys, flyer ai scripts are non-existent. And even those are hovering/levitating types of units. DE would have to have a dedicated team to build a bird script from scratch whereas the kavats and helminths are editted kubrow scripts while the new moas in Fortuna are from enemy moa scripts. 

They could take all the flyer scripts, mash them together and call it a bird companion but the results I believe would be like a sentinel in bird clothing which is kinda bland. I'd like for them to take the time to properly build new animations and ai to specifically have a new breed of companion. This takes time and monies though.

Anyone else thinking Bloodwing from Borderlands? If I could have it on my shoulder, that'd be great...and a bird would be nice...but then again there is very tight spaces in the ships we raid. Combat birds would have a hard time in the enclosed spaces. While a cool idea for the open world areas, I worry about how they'd suffer in enclosed areas.