The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who else want Space Momma back?

LTKat

A lot of very thin-skinned people here that I would never want to have on my side in any kind of conflict. No telling when they might think I "betrayed" them.

The Lotus watched over us for a thousand years. She betrayed not just her own kind, but her own father to protect us, even though her mission was to destroy us after they were done with us. She HID THE #*!%ING MOON in the void itself in order to protect us from her father, so that we could never be threatened.
Then when the Grineer threatened our existence directly, SHE WAS THERE... she guided us back to Ordis and to the safety of our Orbiter, and helped us to take the fight to those who would exterminate us.
Yes, she lied about our true nature and our past... she did that to protect us, based on the memories of Margulis, not to hurt us. Misguided, sure, but with only good intentions.

Then we have one confusing situation with Ballas and some Sentient "mother" - both of which clearly have some kind of hold on the Lotus (and in Ballas' case, he hints that he's just this mother's unwilling pawn at this point) - And y'all start throwing temper tantrums and raging about how DARE the Lotus turn on us? She hasn't even attacked us. All she did was grab Ballas' body - it was the mimics who fired lasers at us, not her.

Those of you who are wanting to kill the Lotus? You're the true Betrayers here.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I don't know why DE won't give players an option to Toggle Ordis & Holo-Lotus on/off?

Have Ordis record his versions of Lotus' mission dialogue.

Have our Ooerator record some of Lotus' missions dialogue.

Let us be...self-sufficient after The Sacrifice.

If a player chooses to be in denial over her then they can toggle holo-lotus on.

If a player wants to move on past her. Let them toggle on Ordis. Recruit Teshin or something.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

4 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

A lot of very thin-skinned people here that I would never want to have on my side in any kind of conflict. No telling when they might think I "betrayed" them.

The Lotus watched over us for a thousand years. She betrayed not just her own kind, but her own father to protect us, even though her mission was to destroy us after they were done with us. She HID THE #*!%ING MOON in the void itself in order to protect us from her father, so that we could never be threatened.
Then when the Grineer threatened our existence directly, SHE WAS THERE... she guided us back to Ordis and to the safety of our Orbiter, and helped us to take the fight to those who would exterminate us.
Yes, she lied about our true nature and our past... she did that to protect us, based on the memories of Margulis, not to hurt us. Misguided, sure, but with only good intentions.

Then we have one confusing situation with Ballas and some Sentient "mother" - both of which clearly have some kind of hold on the Lotus (and in Ballas' case, he hints that he's just this mother's unwilling pawn at this point)

Hey now. Not everyone is on the Kill Lotus bandwagon.

I mainly want a new Mission handler/For the Tenno to grow up into their own. And for her fate to be meaningful. (ie: IF she her death creates a deeper & engaging storyline that matures the Tenno/deepens the story, then she needs to die.)

Now if the new questline has multiple outcomes (unlikely given DE's limited staff) & she can be saved. By all means we must save her. I'm just ready for character growth.

The Sacrifice has shown the Tenno are capable of thinking on their own. They need to be able to start to make moves without The Lotus spoon feeding them.

Right now storywise all The Tenno are like pets who's owner hasn't come home. Which bothers me...

As for her past with us.

I'm hoping we get more insight into things. Right now the game gives the idea that her betrayal of her people isn't as benevolent & selfless as it was made out to be.

Ballas removed Margulis' helmet which apparently trapped The Lotus somehow. Then from how "I" interpret it: he rewrote/uploaded some code to her that made her willingly leave/drop what she was doing.

So the question is...was The Sentient Natah overtaken/corrupted by whatever tech was in Margulis' helmet? Did Margulis have a hidden Memory/Mind imprint (like a Cephalon) in that helmet?

Another revelation I hope we get...is "why" did Natah feel it better to "adopt" the Tenno instead of being with her people? What about sleeping Void-Touched Humans made her feel betrayal of her own people who sacrificed what they loved most to keep The Orokin from ruining their lives & galaxy was worthwhile?

Then comes the duality aspect...

If we do go to save her. Then it turns out it was all caused by a failure Margulis left in her helmet. What then? Do we place the Helmet back on Natah & enslave her to be The Lotus again.

(I've thought very long on this topic. As I often wonder what choice would I make if it comes to that? Freedom & Death or Enslavement & Life.  Neither are appealing.)

As I would like to be saved if I had been entranced & taken against my will. The Reality is that no one would come for me either, they'd probably put me down. Reality is cruel.

Kingdom Hearts recently had a similar revelation with a character that has left the fanbase reeling.

That said...

I dislike Holo-Lotus on a personal level because to me it's the Tenno embracing denial that she is gone rather than confronting Reality.

Also it's like:

"Hey. I know your (Family Member/Close Friend) has died. But here...I'll wear their face & pretend to be them. Feel better?"

I'd rather have Ordis be himself because then I know I'm mentality moving forward & it's not disrespecting the memory of Lotus.

But these are just my thoughts.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
I love auto-correct & predictive text. /sarcasm

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I mainly want a new Mission handler/For the Tenno to grow up into their own. And for her fate to be meaningful. (ie: IF she her death creates a deeper & engaging storyline that matures the Tenno/deepensthen she needs to die.)

I too want this. Even if we do get her back, which I'm expecting, I would like the option.

Ive never felt a close connection to the lotus. I actually prefered way back when when the "lotus" was portrayed as an organization rather then a single entity because it felt like you were part of something much larger. So I never really bought into the "space mom" thing DE was going for, I always felt like she was more of a mentor/support that assisted you and brought all of our missions together in ways that we werent seeing.

That aside, Im kind of interested to see what they do with her in the future. I like that theyre trying to do something with her besides just being mission control. I have a feeling she will end up as a redeemed villain when everythings said and done but DE could always surprise me

On second thought, the other thing they could do is a "passing the torch" kind of idea as the Tenno children grow into adults. I mean lets face it My tenno first emerged from Cryosleep about 6 years ago. He looks like a young adult, maybe 12-14 years old and with proper ageing he would be 18-20 now. That said, who knows what kind of effects the void would have on the aging process but perhaps its time to start having actual adult Tenno to reflect the passage of time.

Edited by kuri99

Anyway, anyway, you know, if we really had to kill the Lotus you can have that super cliche tear jerker scene where the Tenno kneels over her, they talk, then she fades into fancy particulates with a smile on her face.

Cheap way for emotional growth, yeah.

(Also, I reiterate, Lotus/Saryn body for female operator...)

Edited by Guest

I like the Lotus but in terms of story and character development for both her and the Operator she must either die or ultimately leave the Operators on their own. Ergo, I want her gone and us in officially in charge alongside Ordis.

Tbh I'd rather have us mature and take over the mission control lines. 

Tho that would be a monumental work (new lines to be written and 4 different voices to re-record). 

Considering what happened during the Natah, Second Dream and Sacrifice quest Lotus is no longer fit to call the shots. She's compromised. It's clear her Sentient side still has too much sway over her behaviour. 

The origin system also needs no more than a systematic purge of corpus and grineers, no need for mission control for that, we can manage on our own.