Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voice Packs for Customizable Mission Support

DrakeWurrum

Posted this in General Discussion a couple weeks back, when I had no idea the Feedback forum existed. Think I should just repost it here....
I've been thinking for a while that it would be cool if we could replace the Lotus with other characters for mission directive voice lines, but the events of Sacrifice somewhat clinched it for me... we need it.

The idea would be that, by default, you can keep the simulated Lotus for your mission directives, but you could customize it from within your Orbiter to pick from alternative characters to fill the role.
The options already accessible could be, say, three different "Tenno operatives" that each represent one of the three surviving Tenno relays, with their own personalities and voices.

But then, through Syndicate standing, you could unlock characters from each of the Syndicates to support your Tenno in missions. Palladino from the Red Veil.  Ergo Glast from Perrin. Etc
And maybe from the Market, for plat, you could get Maroo. Darvo. Even... Clem!

It makes sense to me that our Tenno would want to pursue information and mission support from other organizations to garner support in our efforts. The Tenno as a whole are a guerilla spec ops force, so we'd need that kind of support from others to remain functional.

List of characters I'd like to see for this mission support role (aside from the free and generic "Tenno operative" idea I mentioned in the OP):

• Kressa Tal of the Steel Meridian
  • Ergo Glast of the Perrin Sequence
  • Palladino of the Red Veil
  • Amaryn of the New Loka
  • (Currently unidentified leader) of the Arbiters of Hexis
  • Cephalon Suda of... Cephalon Suda...
  • Cephalon Simaris of the Sanctuary
  • Cephalon Sark (from the Index! Platinum purchase most likely)
  • Cephalon Apnar (from the Conclave)
  • Cephalon Vull (from the Conclave)
  • Darvo (platinum purchase)
  • Maroo (platinum purchase)
  • Clem! (platinum purchase)
  • Konzu (Ostron standing)
  • Saya (Ostron standing)
  • Quill Onkko (Quill standing)
  • Baro Ki'Teer (ducats)
  • For the future: We could add Solaris United characters from their standing

More fun options that could happen - as rare boss drops? Perhaps optional platinum options, in addition? Similar to how Landing Craft is done. These would have to be "Ordis simulated" since they're enemies...
  • Vay Hek
  • Tyl Regor
  • Alad V
  • Mutalist Alad V
  • Frohd Bek
  • Captain Vor
  • Corrupted Vor
  • Sargas Ruk
  • Kela de Theym
  • Nef Anyo
  • Cephalon Jordas
Edited by DrakeWurrum

As much as I'd love these to appear in the game, it probably isn't going to happen 'cause:

1) recording lines costs a whole load of time and efforts;
2) all listed characters are doing their own things and supporting us would make little sense to them.

Swapping holo-Lotus with Ordis or Tenno operatives seems pretty decent to me.

Edited by Atheeas

16 minutes ago, Atheeas said:

1) recording lines costs a whole load of time and efforts;

Yes, the most unfortunate aspect of this. I think DE has enough people that it could be done, however. Different people at the company obviously do different jobs, and it's not like the voice and audio people will always be busy with the bigger projects, right?
Plus, this would be a MAJOR revenue stream (Outside of the Syndicate options). So there's incentive in that.

I also think that smaller projects like this, fun projects, are great ways to give devs a short break from their more intense work - leading to improved productivity and perhaps bursts of inspiration.

16 minutes ago, Atheeas said:

2) all listed characters are doing their own things and supporting us would make little sense to them.

Well not necessarily. The idea with the syndicates, for example: We use our standing (plus the required standing level) to get that kind of support. By demonstrating we value their cause and contributing to it, we demonstrate that we've earned their assistance, if we only ask for it. I think that's not too unfeasible. This works too for the Quills and Ostrons and even Simaris.
The other Cephalons, meh... they'd just be flavorful fun from platinum. I don't see the harm there. There could even be some amusing voice lines asking who we are, accusing us of theft, etc...

With Darvo, Maroo, Clem, Baro... they're businessmen. Pay them adequately, and they're yours, I'd say.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Yes, the most unfortunate aspect of this. I think DE has enough people that it could be done, however. Different people at the company obviously do different jobs, and it's not like the voice and audio people will always be busy with the bigger projects, right?
Plus, this would be a MAJOR revenue stream (Outside of the Syndicate options). So there's incentive in that.

I also think that smaller projects like this, fun projects, are great ways to give devs a short break from their more intense work - leading to improved productivity and perhaps bursts of inspiration.

Well not necessarily. The idea with the syndicates, for example: We use our standing (plus the required standing level) to get that kind of support. By demonstrating we value their cause and contributing to it, we demonstrate that we've earned their assistance, if we only ask for it. I think that's not too unfeasible. This works too for the Quills and Ostrons and even Simaris.
The other Cephalons, meh... they'd just be flavorful fun from platinum. I don't see the harm there. There could even be some amusing voice lines asking who we are, accusing us of theft, etc...

With Darvo, Maroo, Clem, Baro... they're businessmen. Pay them adequately, and they're yours, I'd say.

Considering how DE works, there's almost always a bigger project. We don't even know how far ahead they are, and wound and art design are probably divided even further between stuff,  some doing work on Fortuna, others on Railjack, probably some preliminary work for the New War ad well. After correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure the only major characters that are in-house actors for DE are Lotus, Vor, and Alad. Right now, i don't think the time, money, and resources it would take to get all the new lines recorded would be worth it for the development time of major projects that wound be lost. I would like a new handler as well, bit I don't think the cost worth it compared to the potential benfit at the moment with 3 big updates in the works, plus melee rework, Nyx, Vauban, and Titania rework, the work for new frames and deciding and designing new prime stuff, etc.

12 hours ago, Atsia said:

Considering how DE works, there's almost always a bigger project. We don't even know how far ahead they are, and wound and art design are probably divided even further between stuff,  some doing work on Fortuna, others on Railjack, probably some preliminary work for the New War ad well. After correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure the only major characters that are in-house actors for DE are Lotus, Vor, and Alad. Right now, i don't think the time, money, and resources it would take to get all the new lines recorded would be worth it for the development time of major projects that wound be lost. I would like a new handler as well, bit I don't think the cost worth it compared to the potential benfit at the moment with 3 big updates in the works, plus melee rework, Nyx, Vauban, and Titania rework, the work for new frames and deciding and designing new prime stuff, etc.

They got time for Frame Fighters and Wyrmius though. Okay.

4 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

They got time for Frame Fighters and Wyrmius though. Okay.

You got me there. I guess we have to factor in the human factor of the devs being interested enough in the idea in the first place