Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hopes for Melee 3.0

Aeron216

As a melee enthusiast I'm very concerned about melee 3.0. It's true that melee stances are quite underwhelming compared to slide spamming but still I'm concerned on any kind of nerfs, like being lazy and just globally nerfing the range of everything when the only really bad offenders are certain weapons/builds. If anything many other weapon types are the ones on need of range buffs, currently many of them are very underwhelming.
For instance, A Primed Galatine with Primed Reach is in a very good spot right now so please don't nerf that however other builds that abuse Maiming Strike while having 50% more range and way more damage are not.

Same with melee stances, the only one I actually find great is Tempo Royale (perfect mix of mobility, damage, range, CC) so don't even think on nerfing that one, it's on an very good spot right now. It's almost every other stance that needs buffs and changes.

The melee in this game is very unique and fun despite its current flaws, it's a big reason of why I like to play WF instead of other games and I'm sure that many other people think that way. 

Edited by Aeron216

This whole "Melee 3.0 Nerf" thing feels like the same thing back when Damage 2.0 was released long ago... and people were calling that a nerf. Just relax man wait to see what Melee 3.0 has to offer. Give it like 2 weeks for everyone to play around different builds and I'm sure it'll be enough time at that point to call it a nerf or a buff or a sidegrade or whatever you want to call it.

1 hour ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

change memeing strike from additive to multiplicative, probablem instantly solved

DE actually have a history of almost never changing mod stats. There's very, very few instances of them doing it. 

Most of the time they try rework a system around the mod, or rework the frame or weapons around the mod 

4 minutes ago, Arniox said:

DE actually have a history of almost never changing mod stats. There's very, very few instances of them doing it. 

Most of the time they try rework a system around the mod, or rework the frame or weapons around the mod 

the stat wouldnt change the way it is applied would. Anyone with half a brain can look at "90% flat crit chance on slide attack" and see how overpowered it is because suddenly every single melee weapon becomes crit viable. You could slap that mod on a melee with 0% crit chance and still build it for crit. The mod it self is broken and is what is breaking the system.

Beyond that, Channeling needs some work. They threw it into the game and then every weapon had the same channel stats except for a few of them. so they basically ignored the system, never expanding on it and as a result it gathered dust and is now crap compared to everything else

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I'll hold back final judgment till I see it I guess but I would much rather they just removed maiming strike entirely instead of screwing over everything to stop spin to win.

The only issue with that is that people have paid loads of plat for maiming strike and they would be pissed if it was just taken, I think they should change it to +100% crit chance on slide attack so I effectively doubles the crit chance 

4 minutes ago, Waterbeacon said:

The only issue with that is that people have paid loads of plat for maiming strike and they would be pissed if it was just taken, I think they should change it to +100% crit chance on slide attack so I effectively doubles the crit chance 

The primary purpose of this overhaul is to kill spin to win so its dead either way.   it would be easier if they just removed it gave everyone who had a legendary core and be done with it.  Instead they are seemingly destroying all melee builds along with it.

6 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

mostly-useless channeled attack.

It can make for amazing Rivens at least. Got one for my Cerata that gives it 400+% damage total with its +melee damage and +channeling damage stats, hits like a truck, though I guess elemental damage of the same amount would still be better.

I wonder what will happen with these mods if they do end up significantly changing or removing channeling.

Edited by (PS4)Krikenemp

Honestly i really dont like how the combo multiplier will work only for the heavy attacks and the normal ones wont benefit at all.Although it could work pretty well and super cool with the new combo moves and the dual-wielding.Also when i think about it the heavy attacks would act like the channeled attacks, but powered by the combo multiplier so it could work very very good, too bad its going to be for a single hit move

Edited by Heiven

WF pushes kill the most in less time mentality now. It's all been about speed since your could spin across a room and across large gaps. And standing around doing a flashy combo on a single target, or at most 2 or 3 is a ridiculous waste of time now. Even though we can't strike things through walls, we can still sweep though 5+ enemies and keep going. They can kill spin to win. But it's pretty much nessesary to let us keep moving and sweeping through the horde.

Edited by Firetempest

8 hours ago, Heiven said:

Honestly i really dont like how the combo multiplier will work only for the heavy attacks and the normal ones wont benefit at all.

I think that's to help balance Maiming Strike, at the very least.

But it also incentivizes players to use their Heavy Attack effectively. Keep in mind they're also buffing the base damage of all weapons, as if they're constantly at about a 2X combo. I think it's a good change, rather than having variable damage and forcing players to keep fightingfightingfighting simply to ensure they can still even kill the enemy.
It feels far too punishing in the current form, if you let your combo points fall off. Heavy Attack feels like a proper reward to trying to maintain your combo.

We'll have to figure out exactly how to fit in the Heavy Attack into how we fight, too. It might prove to be a major damage boost.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Krikenemp said:

I wonder what will happen with these mods if they do end up significantly changing or removing channeling.

I think we all look forward to finding out. I'm especially curious about the "channeling efficiency" mods. That one isn't very straightforward. Maybe Heavy Attacks can be modded to only consume SOME combo points, allowing us to use multiple Heavy Attacks in succession? Maybe instead of efficiency, they'll flat-out boost the damage of Heavy Attacks? That one makes sense, since we don't have anything that boost channeled attack damage. We'll see.

It'll make Life Strike interesting if it makes the Heavy Attack specifically drain life, meaning we can mod a weapon to give us a burst of healing with our combo points.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

this is what I have to say, in the face of melee 3.0, which will likely ruin my hard earned umbra excal build:ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

To clarify, the reason it would ruin my build is because my umbra Excalibur build is, to put basically, a berserker build, ie its built heavily around my exalted umbra blade, which in itself is interconnected to my dragon nikana by default, so whatever affects the dragon nikana will affect the overall build in some shape or form. so yeah... its very Important I know how much its gonna affect it so I can at least know how I can prepare to fix it when the time comes. but currently I know nearly nothing, meaning it may just brick my build all together

Edited by Helstiir
me clarifying

I would suggest you wait for the next DevStream, as they promised to share in-depth Information on Melee 3.0 then.

There's no point in discussing things that could be changed already.

Edited by Darkuhn
Typo