Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next AMP to build

JohnKable

Question

Currently i only built a 212 amp and doing great with it, i love the shwaak prism and doing pretty fine with it. 
BUT since i never use the Pencha fire mode and never benefit from the juttini brace i am thinking of building another one since it happens that i have enough resources for it.

Im definitely sold on Shraksun scaffold and Lohrin brace. because the second is probably the best scaffold and should work well with madurai (few big charged hits)  and the lohrin brace just adds up some critical that is simply better than the other 2 if you never benefit from those bonuses.

but i really cant tell if granmu is better than shwaak, even with the critical brace and eventually critical arcane. Must be said that i never use volt myself and its pretty rare to find a volt that puts up shields in a comfortable position for someone that is not himself. Is it worth goin full critical AMP or i should stick with the shwaak prism since i really do like it?

Please help me clear up my mind. Thanks!

8 answers to this question

All I can say is 3-2-3. Max rank and then guild and lvl up again to gain mastery. 323 is good for crits. Takes down shields pretty fast. Paired with Max ranked Virtuos Strike and you can tear down shields pretty fast even without Volt's shields. 

4 minutes ago, Nijuroku said:

All I can say is 3-2-3. Max rank and then guild and lvl up again to gain mastery. 323 is good for crits. Takes down shields pretty fast. Paired with Max ranked Virtuos Strike and you can tear down shields pretty fast even without Volt's shields. 

I dont care much about mr, but of course will guild it. 

In short my question is if its better 223 or 323. Of course 323 would go with virtuos strike, shaak goes with fury instead.

i know for a fact that with volt shields critical amps are just better. But dont know without.

and since its a pretty long farmi to make an amp i really felt the need to ask 

4 minutes ago, Nijuroku said:

The issue with that is, that Virtuos Strike is weaker than Virtuos Fury if used with the Shraksun Scaffold.
it's better to use 2-2-3 with Virtuos Fury. Both, the Scaffold and the Prism activate the Virtuos everytime they hit something.

In the end the prism doesn't even matter that much. The Shraksun Scaffold is the main source of damage. The Prism is just there to take down some Vomalyst or to burn Void Strikes from Madurai Focus.
And if you use your Prism that way, than the Granmus is just the worst.

6 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

I like 313 for general combat and 213 for Eidolons. I just don't feel comfortable with the short range of the 2nd scaffold, i tend to play either Trin or Harrow so i generally stay a bit farther away to make Lures avoid fire until they are needed

5 hours ago, Nijuroku said:

Tier 2 scaffold has better crit chance. Easily takes down Eidolon shields with maxed void strike. 

Tier 2 scaffold is my go to choice

and def not using T1 scaffold since its the one i use now and its far worse than my shwaak prism.

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

The issue with that is, that Virtuos Strike is weaker than Virtuos Fury if used with the Shraksun Scaffold.
it's better to use 2-2-3 with Virtuos Fury. Both, the Scaffold and the Prism activate the Virtuos everytime they hit something.

In the end the prism doesn't even matter that much. The Shraksun Scaffold is the main source of damage. The Prism is just there to take down some Vomalyst or to burn Void Strikes from Madurai Focus.
And if you use your Prism that way, than the Granmus is just the worst.

Thats a nice point of view. Aldo i already have a maxed fury for it

-not that i bother maxing another arcane