Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Devstream114_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca, Scott, Steve, and Geoff!

What: Sharpen your steel, Tenno. We’re going to be playing with our work-in-progress Melee system changes on this Devstream! Trying out combos, slaughtering some Grineer, tune in to see how our Melee 3.0 changes are coming along! We’ll also be providing developer commentary and insight into the changes. We’ll also be looking at some unreleased content, including more work on ‘Revenant’ and Warframe: Fortuna!

Prizes? Oh yes, Platinum and Prime Access awaits lucky Twitch viewers!

Where: live at twitch.tv/Warframe (among other places)!

When:  Friday, August 3rd at 2 p.m ET!  

Please ask your MELEE related questions here! We will be spending a large part of the stream on Melee! The thread closes Friday at 10 a.m!

Please, for the love of all that is Orokin, can we pretty please- with a cherry on top- get a "laser sword" or “double bladed laser sword”? Yes, we have melee weapons that come close (like the Prova, or Excal’s Exalted Blade), but no weapon that I hold in my hands has yet to make me feel like all of our favorite "masters, lords and apprentices" from a certain film franchise!

Also, do you guys plan on releasing other frames and weapons in Umbra form? If so, should we expect it to be similar to Prime releases that happen every 90 days or so? Umbra Access?

Lastly, how are abilities that scale off the melee combo counter going to be effected by Melee 3.0?

I just finished The Sacrifice with my best friends (who I met on the day-one PS4 launch of Warframe), and DE, you never cease to amazing me! Love you guys (and gals!), and I couldn't be more excited for Railjack, keep up the great work!!

Will "Range" be a visible stat in the arsenal (in meters)?

Spoiler

I do understand how the range of a melee can be variable based on combos and attacks, but I do believe something can be done to show this stat.

An example of an idea for this stat can be found here:

Hey DE, long standing player here. I've been loving Warframe ever since U12: Zephyr Rises, and have 4,000 hours clocked in.

Due to TennoCon happening right after The Sacrifice, you pretty much glanced over it in favor for Fortuna talk on the last Devstream, so now would be a good opportunity to actually talk about some Sacrifice stuff.

The thing I want answered the most is; Will we ever be able to add Umbra polarities to other gear at some point? Maybe with a special item or something? Those Umbra mods are really sweet, but need a lot of resources to become viable, and it hurts a lot more when you need to Forma every other slot, strongly restrict your build flexibility, and use Steel Charge just to be able to use them on other Warframes.

Will there be more Umbra Warframes and/or mods in the future? Obvious question. We like Umbra. We want m00r.

Will specter AI be looked at to improve Umbra behavior? Some better targeting and navigation would be nice. Also, Umbra chill in Orbiter when?

Alright, that's it, thanks for reading.
Oh, and I almost forgot my good ol' Hektato:

Zs1N6oJ.png

Will riven dispositions be affected when the big update comes? Some of us have invested rather heavily into one weapon or another specifically because of their high dispositions. (eg: Building up the Gram over the Galatine Prime. Same weapon class, opposite ends of the spectrum.)

On a related note, will the release of the Gram Prime (teased at this year's Tennocon) affect the Gram disposition?

1. Can we get an official answer on the status of Primed Chamber and whether or not it will return to the game? Its been quite some time and an update would be nice.

2. Can Sacrificial Pressure be replaced with Sacrificial Shatter or at least buff Pressure? The existence of Primed Pressure Point invalidates the Sacrificial variant and replacing it with a Sacrificial upgrade to Organ Shatter I think would be much more welcome, or at least buffing both Sacrificial mods as they are.

What changes will you make so that using most Melee would be completely preferable. As in: Assuming that all melee types have huge damage, what incentive do we have to use, say for example, short range daggers or single swords in a game where there are SWARMS of potentially high powered enemies that's blasting at you non stop from all angles; would players still just prefer to use heavy weapons and long poles to sweep everything? Will people still prefer a 1000 damage polearm to a 5,000,000 damage dagger?

When next Double Resource Weekend? Last one was more than 1 year ago.

How about: 

• new Clan management system;
  • fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
  • more flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system;
  • stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).

1. The Gunsen have a unique appearance, but sadly Slicing Feathers currently force them to be obsolete dual swords/daggers. What are Geoff's thoughts on using the current Slicing Feather animations for dual daggers/swords and using the Gunsen as a guinea pig for Chakram/Dual Glaive weapons.

2. Will infested weaponry ever get upgrades (like Tenno->Primed; Grineer->Wraith; Corpus->Vandal)? Will we ever get an Infested Archwing?

3. What will happen to combo counter/channeling mods and the Naramon Focus School?

4. Any plans to add more unique melee weapon mods. Ie: Gunblades and Glaives (See the post below)

Spoiler

Is Blind Justice going to have its pose and idle animation fixed? It's been broken for a while and it'd be a shame to have part of a cool stance's identity forgotten.

Melee 3.0 looks great even with the small window into it we have seen, can't wait to dual-wield with any one-handed weapon.

Archived