Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

@[DE]Rebecca 

giphy.gif

jokes aside 

1 any good news about the Nodachi(the two handed nikana) the grineer staff (hockey stick) the infested heavy sword,the dual axe and dual nikana?

2 at this point it's more a joke: but the hydroid prime trailer along with zephyr and limbo and probably chroma prime its never going to be released right?for me i don't really care about the trailers but its a cool aspect of the primes

3 after you guys show us the Vlad/Revenant abilities i really start to thinking about nyx and her current skills. i believe she needs a rework for her 1º and 2º abilities you guys think the same way?

that's all 

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream114_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca, Scott, Steve, and Geoff!

What: Sharpen your steel, Tenno. We’re going to be playing with our work-in-progress Melee system changes on this Devstream! Trying out combos, slaughtering some Grineer, tune in to see how our Melee 3.0 changes are coming along! We’ll also be providing developer commentary and insight into the changes. We’ll also be looking at some unreleased content, including more work on ‘Revenant’ and Warframe: Fortuna!

Prizes? Oh yes, Platinum and Prime Access awaits lucky Twitch viewers!

Where: live at twitch.tv/Warframe (among other places)!

When:  Friday, August 3rd at 2 p.m ET!  

Please ask your MELEE related questions here! We will be spending a large part of the stream on Melee! The thread closes Friday at 10 a.m!

Does everybody get the prizes who watches the live stream and how long do we have to watch it for to get the prize. 

@[DE]Rebecca Will there be more full weapon sets like the arca weapons?

I love the idea of having a set of weapons sharing a theme and i think it gives these weapons a lot of charisma. Combined with the unique design/mechanics it would be cool to see more weapon sets in the future.

beside the already asked questions like: 

what's happening to channeling and their mods?

i also have a question for geoff or well rather a request. 

right now if you play the war within you will encounter 2 strange moments.

the first: your operator goes through the cold with one arm in front of them. that's all fine and dandy but the weird thing is the instant change that happens once you enter the cave. it would be a lot more natural if the operator actually lowered the arm first and looked around before just going into the idle walk.

the second: after pulling out that bone from the leg the operator limps around everywhere until they step unto what seems to be a magical starcase and are back to the normal walk. a small transition with the operator checking his leg would be neat. (believe me pretty much in all war within streams the streamer and chat point out how weird that is.)

From what I've read, Maiming Strike/Blood Rush and other combo-related mods might be on the chopping block with the upcoming changes to melee and combo counter. On paper, the obvious would be since light attacks dont affect combo counter, Blood Rush viability would transform from mandatory on many weapons/builds to the next Ammo Drum. I am hoping instead of scrapping or hard-nerfing the combo mods they will be instead reworked into something that is powerful but requires investment, like Condition Overload. Condition Overload is probably the best-designed mod in the game, at least in my opinion. 

The other thing I'm slightly concerned with is how many Riven Mods are in the game with Slide Critical stats. Got one just the other day from Sortie. You can't reasonably implement something extremely powerful into the game and then expect the majority of the player base to ignore it. If combo counter doesn't apply to quick melee, all of those rivens go from the strongest mod options in the game to mediocre because there is no scaling. If basic melee can no longer scale up, enemy armor scaling might need a downgrade.

Melee is currently our strongest, most flexible damage source in the game. I sincerely hope great care is taken before any changes go through. 

With that being said, I understand seeing something overpowered from the development perspective and desiring to balance it. 

The main question I am asking DE is if you are firm on getting rid of spin2win, can we please get a full rework/revisit for Blood Rush/Maiming Rivens etc as opposed to nerfs?

Thanks for reading

Question: with upcoming melee 3.0 will Valkyr finaly get her well deserved rework? She IS old melee frame, with half of her skills broken and useless(Hysterya and Paralysis). I'm afraid that if you continue to ignore her, then we'll just repeat the update 13, when she was unplayable, broken and forgoten

HI, thank you so much for making the game;

My only question would be: Would it possible for you guys to showcase many different melee weapon classes (most popular ones), like polearms, heavy blades, dual swords, maybe nikanas just so we can get a better overall view of the changes you want to bring ?

TY so much once again, much love DE -xx

Hello Scott, Steve, Geoff , Space Mom and other kiddos.

I heard that channeling will be combined with blocking so I'm curious what will happened to riven mods those have channeling damage/efficiency stats after update of Melee 3.0 ? Same thing I want to ask about throwing weapons that used to have a channeling key as an explosion trigger while in the mid-air and some melee weapons has a passive that relies on channeling attack like Synoid Helicor ? 

A different question, I wonder if developers have ever thought about making more weapons for Operators ? Hint: Melee weapons.

I have heard that the range mods are basically going to be removed.  Would this possibly mean that for example my old Favorite dual blades the Dual Ichors will be getting a slight range increase?  As they stand right now you are litterally fist bumping enemies and feels as if there is no point in NOT using a polearm or any other melee weapon taht has increasesd range.

Basically are the dual wielding weapons going to be viable and fun once more rather than being a niche weapon that is pulled out and dusted off for the ocasional dalliance and then instantly put back on the shelf when we need to get serious for 5 minutes?

Archived