Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Are you going to address exalted melee weapon stance mods not giving capacity? The way it currently works, it takes at least 2 forma to make up for the lost initial capacity. This does not include the lower overall capacity when compared to regular melee weapons and trying to finish min/max builds. 

My clanmates are worried about melee 3.0 destroying the melee builds that are used for Endurance Runs which are powerful enough to compete with larger and larger health pools. How is melee 3.0 going to handle this? Will we see a nuke to our hard earned endurance builds, or will it see very little to no change?

With the changes to how combos are performed and the intention of a fluid mix between light and heavy attacks, how will weapons which utilize more "unique" behaviors in one way or another (Such as glaives, gunblades, "blade and whip" type weapons, Sancti Magistar, etc.) work with the system?

Hey! Any chance we could get thrown hammers or axes akin to Thor’s and Kratos’?

I know we already have glaives but an axe, hammer, polearm or gauntlet thats quick attack functioned regularly but when you use the heavy the weapon is thrown (and you use heavy again for it to return) would be really cool! Maybe even a warframe based around the concept!

Thank you for everything you guys do and sorry if this question has been asked like 1000 times

Greetings, relatively new player here.

I am curious what the design philosophy is for incentivizing the use of a melee weapon directly versus using quick-attacks(while wielding another weapon). Is that ultimately the point of the combo system(and the former channeling system)?

What will happen to Life Strike? Since channeling is getting removed / reworked, how will Life Strike work now? I really don't want to see it removed or nerfed, its a staple of many builds, including Excalibur Umbra's. Also how will the new channeling work?

Unrelated question: What happened to the giant flying Eidolon you showed off before? Will we still get to see that in the game at some point? It looked badass! 😄

Could you guys give some details about the activation of combo's with the new system? I play with a controller on pc and I fear my custom key bindings may get in the way somehow or otherwise limit my button mapping in some way.

As far as I know, multiple functions mapped to the same button is not possible even if it would work in-game. An example could be using the fire button to melee instead when melee is equipped, while keeping the regular quick-melee binding intact. This may not be the best example and it may even be possible, but stuff like this would allow me to add a few more functions without sacrificing other key bindings on my controller. Maybe separate bindings for press and hold could be added in general so I could hold a button for operator switching and press it for waypoints. right now I need a keyboard for waypoints, map, etc...

Will we ever see a NPC tenno/warframe? like walking in relays or in cetus,fortuna and you can interact with them or giving side quest to us?? or in the rail jack instead of ordis using the guns its the npc tenno/warframe or ordis on the left flank and npc tenno/warframe in the right flank to company us solo players. I was thinking about this on our tenno perspective we are lone tenno but every npc in the game knows they are a lot of tenno like they already saw some tenno not including the real players i want to know if it possible if we will see some tenno/warframe npc?

Will we ever get a quick secondary attack for melee, like say you're having fun ripping through enemies with glave combos but then you wanted to hit a few flying enemies with throwing knives ... i know there is dual wielding but that sacrifices blocking for fine aiming and is only for one handed weapons.

Also, when will there be a new whip stance? i'd love for my whip to be something other than a maiming strike delivery device. also, when we getting a whip that doesnt have a big thing on the end? if you feel a slender whip would be too weak, just make it energy based or bladed like ivy's whip-sword.

Will the scythe changes that were shown a few devstreams ago be released as part of melee 3.0 or have you made changes from what was shown and if so what was changed?

Just curious since I got a really good dmg+cdmg riven recently.

Also, what melee weapon classes other then scythes might see drastic changes for melee 3.0?

You guys are one of the most hard working developers I've seen over the past 5 years, I hopeful for the melee changes. Loved documentary Danny did on DE and can't wait play the next Pro Skater (I mean Fortuna).

well keep in mind the weapons base damage will get a major buff if im right all melee will see 6x there base with the exception of venka prime which is 9x thanks to the 6x combo multiplier and channeling so if they stick to it we'll see base range increase meaning the weapons will visibly get larger and hit farther away so if you have a long range zaw or greatsword they will be a good % longer and bigger with up to 6x the base damage so if de sticks to this buff the only weapons that wont really make a difference are the weak weapons under 100 base currently unless there crit based then they should see increases to everything all my zaws are crit based 32% for my mewan dokrahm and 34% for my sepfahn nikana and sepfahn staff

Will Melee 3.0 allow us to still use dual wield Glaives and Pistols and could we throw them with out wasting/using energy?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       (P.S. Can you fix the glitch the lags out people every 30 minutes? It's really annoying my friends)

1. Can one-handed or dual-wielded maces be expected to appear in the game in the near future (like a grineer spiked mace or corpus dual-wield shockwave hammers for example)?

2. Will Garuda's abilities (excluding the possible exalted weapon) benefit from melee Mods?

Will there be any changes to the wall attacks of some weapons?

Is channeling being outmoded?

What will happen to all the different channeling mods if it is?

Are there going to be any changes to stances and combos?

Is the combo counter going to just be a resource for buffing heavy attacks?

If so will the combo counter duration be removed?

Will the melee counter node on namaron be changed too? 

Are there any other plans to make charge attacks actually useful like the sancti magistar and caustosis charge mechanics kind of are?

Any more changes to the spin to win play?

Archived