Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Ok, so without seeing the adjustments made since it was last talked about it is hard for me to ask a pertinent question.

So instead I will ask, are the melee changes scheduled to come about before or after Fortuna?

I've heard that scythes are getting major chances, but one thing I worry about is the fact they might be losing their unique stance movesets, while I understand a change to the scythes I also really enjoy the movesets as its made them my favorite weapons to use (Stalking Fan is a personal favorite stance)

Simply put I would love confirmation if they are indeed losing their unique movesets or not.

Why is the drop rate sooooo bad for the Axi S3 relic? I have done dozens of runs for that relic and still have not gotten 1 yet.I have tried all the spots the codec has said it drops from and stayed a long time in the missions that are timed or wave related [20 waves +] and still nothing. Can you help or look into this please?!!!! Thank you bunches! : ) 

Will you be able to control what attacks with the sword you are doing? Like doing a horizontal Attack by just shortly sidewalk left or right while hitting the melee key? Can this be included with having combos maybe instead of just the typical e,e, hold E as combo for example? Like "real" controllable sword fighting a little bit? (Example: Jedi Knight 2 lightsaber fight system)

Edit: Also will there be some kind of blocking or saber clash system like 2 people doing a melee attack and they parry each others attacks if they hit each others melee weapon (like one strikes from top right to left down, and the other from top left to right down and the 2 blades / melee weapons hit each other resulting in a parry?)

Is there going to be a fix for Exalted Melees' innate stances not bringing their mod capacity up to parity with Regular Melees of 70 instead of 60?

If not, and considering the high capacity cost of mandatory melee mods, what is the reasoning behind Exalted Melee having a 10 capacity tax over Regular Melee?

So melee will be line of sight now, how will that effect larger weapons that should, physically speaking, hit more than one enemy? I mean if I swing a big claymore from left to right and there is more than one enemy in front of me and on my left and right, shouldn't I be able to cleave through every enemy in warframe, in theroy? Of course another big question, how will mods like life strike be altered by this change to melee?

Please, for the love of all that is holy, dont implement the "light attacks dont add to multiplier" idea. It will kill such a large part of what people like me have been building their melee builds around and generally just be such a nuisance. I love you guys game and wanna say thanks for being such awesome developers

Will we see fix in attack speed stacking? I don't see/feel the difference between Fury/Gladiator Vice and Fury + Gladiator Vice. I tested it on multiple weapons and I don't feel the difference between 30% and 60% faster attack speed. I don't know is it broken or not but something feels off.

Will these melee changes have a serious effect on exalted melee and the frames that use them? Also as a player who uses melee (and valkyr) almost exclusively I'm very worried about changes to come, I hope melee is still as fun and powerful as it is now, if melee is ruined I will probably have to take a long break from warframe.

I understand a goal of this update is to add more fluidity to melee, as the current melee system (charge attacks and slam attacks specifically) are clunky when compared to the fast pace of movement 2.0. Directional slam attacks and charged attack changes we know are coming, but are there any plans for the notorious slide attack? Will you guys be aiming to balance it a bit more to be a dedicated attack rather than a spamable kill-everything-instantly slash? The spin2win meta is fine, but I feel like it should be addressed properly. (Whether that’s via nerfing it to the ground or balancing it a bit more)

I Am interested in the new melee 3.0 system but i do have reservations. Specifically on the long wind up time of heavy attacks that could possibly slow down game play if not accelerated. There is also the fact that in order to build up a high melee counter it takes quite a while and some time investment so it would kind of be a shame to lose it all at once when using a heavy hit and it not affecting light attacks. There is also the fact that large jumping attacks don't seem to work too well with regular star map tile sets so how will that work. I do realize there will be further exploration of the open world with possibly even an infested world at some point, but this new charge jump system seems to not focus on some of the core game play regarding small spaces.

A kind of cool idea to speed up a heavy attack or make it more satisfactory for players would be for there to be an intermediary attack that does slight damage and staggers the enemy and the true heavy hit comes in really fast after that stagger.

Will heavy attacks also transfer more smoothly to light attacks

Sorry for the long question.

Archived