Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Is the Combo counter system really going to be changed to have a max of 5, which then gets reset to 0 when "used"?

How are you going to buff non-AoE Melee weapons to incentivise using them over AoE melees in a game that is 99% swarming hordes and 1% one-on-one?

(If the answer is to just nerf the AoE melees, I feel something got overlooked...)

should we expect any melee mods rework (other than channeling mods) or will this be a mechanic and stat rework only like what you did with beam weapons? perhaps an introduction of some new mods, similar to primary's hunter munition?

(also, speaking of mods, will there be a mod rework in the near future? a lot of the mods are getting very outdated)

really hope that we'll have more ways to scale into higher levels with this melee rework, tired of e/crouch-e spamming. and not sure if just me, but after first few swings it feels like im being forced into committing to melee for the rest of the game and barely using any other attack, fearing of losing all of previous effort and hardwork. basically turns into a monotone hack&slash.

can you make the skijati have 2 stance types nikana and one-handed swords,in the sacrifice 2018 trailer we see umbra use it with Crimson Dervish:a ONE-HANDED SWORD STANCE on the skijati:a NIKANA.you have made a weapon with 2 stance types:the DARK SPLIT-SWORD,so plz do this,and give it its own unique stance and make the stance ONLY FOR UMBRA

Thanks and stay awesome DE

-AudileSeven95

p.s its a-dual-e 

Is something being done to make different melee classes feel more distinct? Right now, aside from animations, each weapon class feels pretty much the same to fight with as each other, except maybe a few of the really long-range weapons, and of course Gunblades and Glaives.

Something that makes each class stand out would be lovely.

Also, is Operator Melee ever going to be a thing? If so, will it use new amp-like weapons or some of the lighter existing physical ones with new movesets? I'd love to give my Operator my Nikana Prime whilst my Frame wields the larger Skiajati. Or vice versa, for the lols.

First, let me say that I am looking quite forward to this rework. It has a lot of good potential. Anyways, my questions:

What is going to happen to the numerous mods based on Channeling, specifically the ones involving channeled kills and the like?

What is happening with all of the melee mods/warframe abilities based on Combo Counter?

Are the base crit mods for melee going to be buffed in their values now that Blood Rush won't effect them?

What are the numbers in general that melee is going to be buffed to? Is it similar to shotgun/sniper levels of damage, or weaker than that?

What is the plan with Scythes? Are they going to be their own weapon class with buffed range, or are they going to become heavy blades?

When the update comes, will you be looking at the difficulty of acquiring certain essential mods for melee? I'm specifically thinking about Condition Overload since that mod is really the only thing that makes Status Melees comparable to Crit melees.

This last one is most important: when are you doing damage 3.0? Impact and Puncture are at an all time low in terms of their status proc popularity, and this negatively effects every single Puncture and Impact based weapon in the game. Right now for example, any melee weapon that is not slash or elemental based is automatically going to be weaker for being Puncture/Impact based and this really limits how creative the weapon balances can be. My concern is that to make all the melee weapons popular, we will just end up with everything being Slash based, and this will have a negative effect when/if Impact and Puncture ever become good procs.

1] Will Channeling remain a feature in some way, shape or form?

2] What are the chances of having an arcade machine in the Orbiter? to include Komi? 2 player or co-op orbiter arcade action? thoughts?

3] Will stances be heavily edited to become more fluid with choices and branching combos?

4] Where is the devteam standing at now for Scythes and their changes? We know they'll be larger, but not entirely sure if they'll be Heavy Blades, and the editing of the current stances if not HB.

@[DE]Rebecca

A couple of Dev-streams ago you mentioned that you would be removing sycthes stances from the game and allowing them to use have blade stances instead:

1. Was the new heavy blade zaw a test of this?

2. Will you increase the sizes of current in-game sycthes to match other heavy blades currently in game?

In regards to stances, are you planning on revisiting some of the older, less used stances and giving them more utility such as forced procs or status effects? Or are you considering simply removing some of the older stances, perhaps merging them together? 

As for the weapons themselves, are you considering adding any special features to any of the old prime weapons (i.e. increased combo counter for the Venka)?

Archived