Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Questions:
Can it be explained alittle better how riven dispositions are calculated and changed for weapons?

Was melee3.0 something you needed to get done before dmg 3.0 could be put in?

I saw the tweet signaling the next cinematic quest or a teaser of it before it got deleted, are you guys able to share alittle more on it?

Dear DE, 

I'm a pretty average MR25, playing with maxed mods / forma'd weapons.

Will we be able to see an improvement on the Sacrificial Pressure mod? It is an inferior mod to Primed Pressure Point. Sacrificial Shatter (Organ Shatter) is a much better use of that mod slot. We can add our own PPP as is. Can we PLEASE get Umbra mod polarization enabled? The Umbral mods need it.

The stances are getting changed - great! Let's see:

Whips - Can whips be used to drag in enemies while dealing damage (grab them by the neck and pull in). Possibly launch yourself at that enemy and kick them with your heel, or some such. 

Hammers - Can we kick an enemy hard enough to launch them at their allies?

Swords - Essentially, slash dash movement animations would be great. 'Death by a thousand cuts' hopefully will be presesnt here.

Gunblade - Please allow us "Finishing Moves", something like, spearing our enemies' heads and blowing their head off (Redeemer) or  making blood spray out the other side (Sarpa). Otherwise, let us spear our enemies and shoot through them. You get damage reduction while shooting!

Swords - Can we pleeease get lightsabers?

Can we get a dual staff + stance mod? Something resembling darth maul fighting stance.

Glaives - Can we get a Gunblade Glaive that can be launched at an enemy and, given it connects, orients a gun/laser on top of it to continously shoot/damage the enemy. The initial impact of this weapon should be able to take out enemies up to 80, with the shooting, 120 - Heavy gunner. You pick up the weapon by getting into melee range of the enemy.

Swazdo'Lah, Tenno!

My biggest concern is, what is Melee 3.0 going to do to current builds. I'm not necessarily concerned with 'the current meta' or 'min-maxing' everything, as much as I'm concerned with the 'average' players happiness. I've put about 1000 hours into Warframe since 2015, I've been playing almost everday since POE came out and it has taken so long to get to a point where I am happy with my builds. I feel that since most melee builds rely on mods like Life Strike (channeling for health) or Blood Rush (combo for crit chance) we are going to see an overly exhausting ovehaul of 50% of our builds, or more. I like change, and I love Warframe and understand its grind. But the fear is real, in that the average players quality of life is going to take a severe blow at the launch of Melee 3.0 depending on how hard the nerfing gets with range/range mods and the possible complete decimation of current easy to attain crit and survival builds. Can you please addess in as much detail as possible how mods are going to be affected by these changes, and how players will be able to easily fix certain build types. Are we getting a dump of new mods to compensate? Are you removing these contradictory mods from the game? Will melee weapons get an overall damage boost as well as a crit boost or inate life strike? Ect. Please and thank you!!

What about Channeling Mods (Like Life strike, Quickening, etc) Will they be turned into "Heavy Attack Mods" or into generral ones?
How will combo counter & channeling changes affect Focus? (Naramon and Zenurik)?
Could we get a "dodge attack" that eliminates that awkward 1 second pause after a roll before we can continue slashing at things?

Will we be able to hit Jordas with melee without having to clip inside of him?

With the upcoming Railjack, are there any plans for Archwing rework?
Why do we not slow down in the atmosphere but we do so in space?
And why is it only in horizontal movement?

Here is one important one. if i misunderstood all of this. people don't like channel due to having to waste enegry. But why don't we add a new system into a game that is melee enegry? that is regain by melee kills and combos and over time. of corse add mods to regain of this enegry also have this ammount of regain driffent on all frames? like excal is high regain with Swords? vauban and rhino is good fit for heavy blades and hammers. meanwhile ember and banshee with throw melee's as such. it adds bit more rp to frames. 

but all i'm Asking combo meter is nice. but instead of combo meter add enegery system to melee channel. good change but not total massive overhaul. 

in the end i can't wait for melee 3.0 and i bet it will be nice. 

edit: it sounds like combo system is very alike with my idea. that is why i said "i might misunderstood" 

With the introduction of seperately modded Exalted weapons, any chance we'll see a rework of regular Warframe abilities that still utilize weapon mods with Melee 3.0? Currently these abilities aren't uniform in how they act as some exclude stats others use (Gara doesn't use Crit, Excalibur only properly uses stats when Exalted weapon is unsheathed, etc). They also require a player to mod a weapon specifically for the skill which often times makes the weapon itself less than useful outside the skill forcing a player to give up melee weapon use in exchange for optimizing thier Warframe abilities.

Hi, I know it isnt melee but I'll ask anyway. Can we get ANY mention of a Chroma rework? I don't care if it is just a "we are going to work on before his prime" I just need hope beause hes in a pretty bad state with half of his abilities and half of his color buffs being sub par to the meta of warframe. ty, cant wait to see the new melee changes

When you announced the most recent prime unvaulting, you mentioned that the process for Prime Vault is going to be changed in the future (as a result of so many warframes and weapons being in the vault, if I recall correctly). Do you have any more information about how the Prime Vault is going to be changed?

Will the operator  have new voices .and will the melee change as  balance or more better than it was . Will there be new heavy weapons  that are shine like energy .  Will the update 3.0 effect on different  way that melee works.than how and why.  Ty 

Event mods (bloodrush and weeping wounds) and channeling mods (life strike ... I Don't use any other) are either going to become op or obsolete. Will these mods be addressed at launch or will fixes for them be implemented later. Also are we getting forma and lenses back? Melee blocking seems useless as the damage reduction (in general) isn't that good. Hope all this goes smoothly😊

How will the melee rework affect zaws? I built most of my zaws with Maiming Strike and changing that will destroy the viability of nearly every zaw that I have built. Furthermore, I have rolled rivens for some stats that may not exist anymore after the rework. Can you address rivens and zaws? Will we be able to rebuild zaws at no additional cost?

Not Melee related but hopefully something will be addressed  because IMHO this is super important for a "not quitting the game" perspective. I'm just going to keep asking until it is.

Now that the Sacrifice is out everywhere...

Sacrifice spoilers below:

There are a lot of questions it raised that out Tenno really should have answers for. You can't raise question of sapience, slavery and consent then completely ignore the same issues in all other Warframes.

• Now that we have both built and pacified Umbra, why was Umbra (and seemingly only Umbra) sapient? The Vitruvian talks about Warframes in general and nothing save Ordis's comment on the "Transference Bolt" being different suggests any functional difference in construction. We have many instances of physical and mental torture mentioned in Warframe construction, so that doesn't seem to be it. Surely post-Alad-V Valkyr would be sapient if that were the case.
  • Are we to take from Ballas' words that all Warframes that our Tenno have build previously are based on a blueprint that has "Already had it's pain taken away" by some other Tenno? If no, how did this happen when our Tenno was completely unaware of even the need, let alone their ability to attempt such a thing.
  • What is the difference between the process we saw for Umbra and our foundry, Obviously we can replicate Warframes, memory and all. But surely that's an important change, from the need to corrupt humans into infested "bio-drones" before constructing a Warframe with them, vs being able to mass produce them. When did that happen? Was it one distinct human per Warframe line, what does this mean for Nova who was supposedly designed by the "Tenno High Council", how did the Tenno design a Warframe if they didn't know they weren't Warframes during the Old War, if some did know then did they consign an innocent to becoming the first Nova, or are we to conclude she was a volunteer?
  • The image the Vitruvian shows when it talks about the early "Bio-drones" doesn't not look like a warframe, so are we to conclude that they only started to look the way we expect a Warframe to look after their use with Tenno? There are some similarities with the "Bio-drone" image and some Deluxe skins (Like the Octavia Maestra Skin) are you implying these are early "bio-drone" designs? Could the same be said for the "Proto" series of skins?

Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely story. but you can't expect our characters to be introduced to the concepts presented without needing much, much more information than DE presented to the player.

You've basically made the creation of a Warframe (Something that is fundamental to core game progression) into a war crime. Without further exposition how is a player with a supposedly moral Tenno character supposed to continue to play the game?

Seriously this is really worrying, please address at least your intent for how Tenno are supposed to feel about non-Umbra warframes.

Hey rebecca de means deutsch right? Im not the best in eng thatd why i ask but i right in eng now..

What is it mean with prizes? Plat and prime acces for lucky twitch viewer does it mean that will be like ash prime? View for get for anyone?

Archived