Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Melee: How will the weapon rebalance work with the melee rework? What’s happening with channeling, if there even is channeling? Will we be able to build our own stances? Conclave stances in PvE?

Movement: Will we see turning animations anytime soon? 

While I don't use channeling other than maybe to have my weapon glow for the fun of it, I am concerned about the combo counter being used for only charging up heavy attacks. What effect will this have on mods like Weeping Wounds, Blood Rush, Body Count, and the Naramon node that changes how the combo counter degrades when not making melee attacks?

My current playstyle heavily depends on at least the mods being used to boost the weapons' critical chance and the ability to hit enemies with cold and corrosive effects.

Are we likely to see the Zaw system include syndicate zaw parts?

Will we see more collapsible weapons like the Helicor, Kaszas, and other weapons that fold up into smaller packages when they are not being wielded?

Just putting this out there, but will melee weapons ever gain an "alternate fire" option? Or will that soon be the button for heavy attacks? Or! Could it be used to have a weapon switch between modes such as heavy blade, spear, and scythe? In hindsight, that's probably not a good idea since that might require modding the weapon for each mode and who knows how well that would work.

Last melee question, will the tenno be able to wield anti-eidolon weapons? Or should they just stick to using guns?

As a side note, when Railjack is released, would it be possible for the tenno to move in or at least switch between it and the orbiter/landing craft?

Zaws made melee so much more interesting in my opinion, and they've become pretty diverse in terms of options.  I created a zaw specifically for a riven that I was fortunate enough to roll and have been loving it.  However, zaws have sort of overshadowed another fun melee mechanic: dual wielding Glaive-type melee and pistols. 

Are there any plans to offer new zaw types, ie: glaives, or is the selection of zaws pretty much complete? I would love to be able to dual weild Kitguns and Zaws, blending Fortuna and Cetus cultures in play.

❤️

with the rework, will u finally get rid of that wierd pause after an air attack where we cant shoot or melee? Steve noticed it during one of his sunday streams but never did anything about it.

also range mods are weird since enemies 10 m away from ur melee weapons visible model are dying to some invisible force. any plans to make range affect weapons visibly? or perhaps explain it away by saying range adds super strong wind currents to ur attacks that can hurt enemies. and give the "wind" some travel time and a bit less dmg.

Hello DE.. Operator Melee at the moment is mostly just void dashing and Void Blast to stun enemies.. IF YOU gave Void blast a combo for each Focus tree it would give more character to the Focus and let Operators have more Melee feel.. instead of the One Punch Blast. Just a thought, Love the game, Thx 🙂 

Ps.. More Umbras please that fight along side you.

also i really love the concept of channelling as it is now along with life strike. please please consider keeping channelling! just make it work like an exalted ability in terms of energy drain. theres no need to get rid of it. channelling is just such a cool idea i loved since i started playing warframe

I have far more concerns than I do hope, so here we go.

- Blocking being tied to channeling. Bullet jumping will cost energy. Blocking will cost energy AND health, since no weapon gives 100% damage reduction on block.

- NOTHING in the post about 3.0 will have any negative effect on Maiming Strike, despite the staged gif of someone doing something I've never seen anyone do purposely in 2,600 hours in game.

- Not applying combo meter to normal attacks, and consuming it on heavy attacks will only make people build for the highest initial damage per strike. That means 4x elemental mods, Reach, Pressure Point, Organ Shatter and... Maiming Strike.

- The increase in base damage will only make the above even more meta. It does not matter how much damage a heavy attack does if it consumes the combo meter and only hits one enemy. It will always be faster and more efficient to do one spin on a weapon with the build above. This is simple economy of movement. Multiple hits to build one attack to hit one enemy vs. hitting everyone in one attack.

- The possible destruction of stances that are already good, namely Final Harbinger, Defiled Snapdragon and Tempo Royale. They are the few stances in game capable of outputting more hits and more damage than a Maiming Build over a larger area in less time.

- The unification of combo inputs. Hold forward is terrible. If the same inputs are going to be used across all stances, hold block, hold left, and hold right would work the best. With the channeling change, I cant see how that will work though.

I seriously hope the original posting of what melee 3.0 was has been re-done. If you want a good example of how melee should function, watch/ read the scene from Hellsing where Integra's father explains to her why vampires are terrifying. It's not their powers, it's the fact that even unarmed, they'll tear you apart in seconds. The trend of nerfing/ limiting players in recent games is a big part of why people end up coming back to Warframe.

Without power to achieve, the grind is meaningless, and without gain during that grind, it's also not fun. If anyone wants an example of what happens when a Dev team drops the ball reworking a core system of their game, check this out. https://steamcharts.com/app/743090

Thankfully, unlike that company, DE actually listens, sometimes, and I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised on Friday. And for anyone who thinks I'm defending Meming, you're an imbecile. :tongue::heart: 

Edit: I almost forgot about Life Strike. That also goes in with why the channeling change isn't a good idea. Especially since Umbra dropped.

Hey!  Are there any chances that we can get two handed scythes? I love hate and ankhu, but they feel rather small...

Also, what about the zenurik passive? I was getting quite fond of the channeling cost reduction...

DevTeam, there's been a small bit of a clamor on the forums regarding the visual fx bug found on some weapons. I bring this up since we are looking to have players use melee very heavily in this update, this bug would be seen by many and may reduce the enjoyment by them of wielding their tools of the trade.

A thread compiling a list of complaints found here:

Perhaps you can give players the option to tie elemental fx to the channeling state?

This is my 3rd post after consistently playing warframe since around 2014. So my biggest issue with the game right now is something you have touched on but something that I feel is the final key to making warframe an A list everywhere game. So... I consistenly love my experiance with warframe. I try to share it every chance I get. Yet I am consistenly hindered by the fact that all of my years of investment into this beautiful work of art, are stuck on the xbox one. Now what stops me from enjoying the clan I have built, the warframes I've collected, and so many other facets, is that I have many friends on ps4 and even pc. But I can't simply abandon the years of work and money I have put into this. So typically I have just accepted this as the sad state of affairs that I must tolerate in order to play what has now become not only my favorite game, but also a singular point of relief for my life after going through a traumatic and abusive breakup and being a disabled U.S. Veteran. You guys have done me and I know many others a huge service by showing that games and gaming communities can be places of tremendous positivity & inspiration. The love you guys show us is something I will never have the proper words for. Yet when I saw that you guys were about to set up a switch version of warframe... I could only think about how I won't be able to utilize that either because all my hard work is on xbox. I think what I really want to ask for out of this is a chance to port my account over to PC in order to allow me to share it on my switch during the upcoming account transfer period so that I can really continue taking my love of this game and my solidarity with it wherever I go. And these days being a U.S. veteran doesn't mean what it used to to me. Infact I get more inspiration from my videogaming and sci-fi interests than I do my past life. And games like yours are what has inspired me to get my degree in Astrobiology! Infact your rare community inclusion efforts have inspired me to start drawing again! I'm a very bad drawer but I have started coming up with plans for a shield melee that fires rockets while in a defensive stance, and a spear similar to the thrown staff weapons that when thrown will launch a collection of drones to attack enemies! And those are just the ones I thought of first! It means the world to me to have this kind of light back in my heart and I want to be able to take it everywhere with me!.... I believe the ultimate goal should be to acquire cross platform play but I know asking sony for help on that right now feels daunting... But you guys have started to change this industry. And just like the change that now needs to sweep my country in order to restore our dignity, I think the final technical barrier for warframe is giving access to singular accounts across all platforms. I hope someone at DE reads this. Thanks again for being a beacon of hope when we are surrounded by sharks like EA and Activision. ... Finally please forgive any grammar or typos as I am doing this with an xbox controller. Much Ninja Love!

4 hours ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

2. Can Sacrificial Pressure be replaced with Sacrificial Shatter or at least buff Pressure? The existence of Primed Pressure Point invalidates the Sacrificial variant and replacing it with a Sacrificial upgrade to Organ Shatter I think would be much more welcome, or at least buffing both Sacrificial mods as they are.

Primed Pressure Point is way harder to obtain the Sacrificial Pressure, it should be weaker, or at most on the same level (when using the other mod). PPP you have to wait for a random chance for Baro and then buy with ducats and credits. SP you get for free half ranked for completing a cinematic quest you'll be doing anyways. Also the other Sacrificial mod doesnt need a buff, it works fantastically with Blood Rush

Hey liveteam (hi Steve!),

Are there any any plans to incorporate dual-mode melee weapons that can be changed in the middle of gameplay? You have a few weapons that play off this idea of two different modes or forms for use, such as the dark split-sword (heavy blade/polearm + dual swords) and the mios and lacera (sword/machete + blade and whip; I realize this example doesn’t have that usability...yet. Food for thought).

With the melee rework introducing a new way to approach melee-based builds, I’d be very interested to see dual-mode weapons for added playability and customization flavor. Here’s a few examples to spur creativity:

- Warfans that combine into a throwing glaive

- Infested sparring gauntlets that mutate together to form a dagger

- Sword and shield that combines into an axe or hammer (I like my MH:W charge blade, would love one in WF)

In terms of functionality, I’m not quite sure what would be the best way to utilize these weapons. Maybe the alt fire key could allow for an instant swap in a mission; if you’re in the middle of attacking and you swap modes, perhaps the transformation itself could be an attack as well.

Thanks for putting so much love into the game like this, DE. It’s always refreshing to see a little innovation. 

I dont really mind or care to much about the changes all to much infact ill more then likely get use to most of the changes to the melee system that you will make, nerf or otherwise. But please im begging from the bottum of my heart to not remove channeling from the game. There are players like me who love and use channeling vigurously especially since the new focus system been imput since last year. I know its not a very hot topic talkin about channeling. But we fans do exist and just a single individual im begging you not to break down such a wonderful mechanic such as that. Even if you have to toggle channeling in the game option that sounds fair right??? I know regardless ill still play this treasure but its but 1 simple request all those at Digital Extremes. If you would take the time to atleast read this i would be very grateful to you guys. Thank you all

4 hours ago, (PS4)PsycIops said:

Please, for the love of all that is Orokin, can we pretty please- with a cherry on top- get a "laser sword" or “double bladed laser sword”? Yes, we have melee weapons that come close (like the Prova, or Excal’s Exalted Blade), but no weapon that I hold in my hands has yet to make me feel like all of our favorite "masters, lords and apprentices" from a certain film franchise!

Also, do you guys plan on releasing other frames and weapons in Umbra form? If so, should we expect it to be similar to Prime releases that happen every 90 days or so? Umbra Access?

Anyway, I just played The Sacrifice, and you guys (and gals) did an amazing job! Love you guys, and I couldn't be more excited for Railjack, keep up the great work!!

TIL I want a lightsaber in warframe.

Archived