Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Looking forward to it, here is my question tho :
Q1 : Will dual dagger be buffed? Kinda hard to swallow that there is a primed weapon that is worse than its original.. (Fang Prime)

Q2 : Will you buff Dual Skana? That weapons speed is utterly slow and broken...

Thats my question. Thanks

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BlueFlame1249 said:

In my opinion so far i think melee 3.0 will be great i trust you guys a lot! I have confidence in DE and their work!  Also for all the people asking about umbra frames. 

I feel like the ONLY frames that should actually get an umbral form is Excal, Mag, and Volt. Plane and simple just because they are the starter frames. As much as how dookie some people think mag is. I feel like those 3 should only have an umbral form.

Starter frames do not have anything to do with it. It is all lore related and therefore should follow that path and not be because of a reason of "they are starter frames."

With melee now having standard sets (or at least it is the thought process to be), will we ever get exalted augment mods?

Eg.

Flail and shield for Harrow's 3

Exalted lightning for Volt's 1/4 

Sided with Augments 2.0 allowing for greater customisation of abilities (perhaps akin to the Rune system of Diablo 3)

Is there a future for augments in this manner?

Thank you,

-Phyrak

1 minute ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

For example the acolyte torment is wearing the Naberus armor set and Angst is wearing the vanquished banner syandana. 

from what i see the market in my orbiter dosent show the Naberus armor set

1. How much will the damage of melee weapons be buffed by for Melee 3.0? I'm hoping its at the very least 3x because getting to that damage multiplier is fairly easy.

2. As cool as directional slam attacks look, they're not all that useful for damaging or even knocking down enemies, because the attack speed of light attacks makes slam attacks almost useless and the range of slam attacks is pretty small (sometimes you don't even knockdown the guy who is within arm's reach of you). So besides being able to aim slam attacks, will the damage/range of slams be getting buffed as well?

3. Wall attacks. Slow. Short range. Damage is too weak compared to its execution time. Pause before launch. Please make wall attacks more rewarding.

4. How are channeling mods such as Life Strike going to be handled in the melee rework regarding activation and cost?

5. If charge attacks are being taken out, how will gunblades fire outside of combos? via heavy attack?

6. If blocking is automatically gaining the benefits of channel blocking, what are some ideas you have in mind for the cost of doing so? And personally I hope to god it's not going to remain as energy or at the very least don't make the energy drain of channel blocking damning for all warframes to use like how it is now...

7. ...because Excalibur exists. Don't get me wrong, I love the 100% auto-block Excalibur has even while attacking (hilarious when radiation proc'd Mesas one-shots themselves because they tried to shoot me while I was channeling). His abilities are great, everything works with him, he is my favorite warframe and I love how he is right now without any gripes. However...if Excalibur is being punished in Melee 3.0 because his pre-existing auto-block is going to suffer from the new channel blocking mechanic, whether I wanted to use it or not, that doesn't sound right to me and will be very disappointing.

1) what will happpend to stance mod? also will exodia arcane about channelling one changed too?

2)(not about melee) Are there any plan to fix continuity of story ? Since specter of the rail, order of quest is kind of weird. Like petient zero came after second dream (alad v supposingly cured in second dream). And some of story piece was a part of operation (something like ambulas reborn, tubeman of regor, shadow debt and etc.). Are there any plan for those to come back as some kind of mini-quest or atleast message in inbox?

Having been around since melee was...lackluster...I've got several questions.

1) Exactly how is this working?  Namely, are you buffing everything  to match the meta or are you nerfing the meta?  I say this because right now spin-to-win makes most content favor melee over guns, and it's pretty sad to have an amazing melee option that doesn't stack against the Atterax.  I don't want the Atterax nerfed, given the obvious issues with enemy scaling, just the other weapons improved to where they are viable choices.

2) How are you balancing impact, puncture, and slash?  As it stands slash is king because it functionally ignores armor and can stack.  The original 3.0 suggestions were not well received because their suggested impact would be to break combat flow, a lesson hopefully highlighted by the Zephyr tornado rework.  Can you expand upon how IPS will better support non-slash focused damage?

3) When will melee combos matter?  I don't say that they are worthless, but the difficulty to reward is generally skewed poorly.  I'd like to have a reason not to spam the attacks, and the current system does not have it.

4) New content when?  It's a blunt question, but there's a distinct lack of melee diversity.  Dual swords is a packed house, but fans and blade and whips are lackluster.  I know that the simple choice would be another Zaw expansion, but these weapons are mediocre stats which require a double levelling to access anything and a resource investment just shy of insane to be good.  Between the arcanes and raw materials (auroxium is a giant annoyance) you can grind for hours to build something that would barely tip the scales at MR 5 worthiness.  

5) Finally, daggers get to be useful when?  I understand that Covert Lethality is a thing, but it's pretty much the only reason to care about a dagger.  Years ago I heard the first rumblings about being able to build weapons and frames how you want, and there always being multiple viable paths.  With daggers there isn't.  If you don't stealth kill with Covert Lethality then the damage, range, and lack of crowd control will result in you having your backside handed to you.  It's unfair in the same way that maiming strike defines high crit weapons, and makes me sigh whenever a new dagger makes it into the game.  No matter how amazing the concept, the question is always how much MR fodder the new dagger is.  I'm looking directly at you ether dagger.

If you'll broach a general question, I'd like to offer that as well.  Archwing and Lunaro aren't exactly well embraced by the community as a whole. Likewise, the frustrating returns back to Cetus turn many players off of time there (with the exception of eidolon hunting at night).  As cited in previous streams you need to try things, failure is not a setback as long as lessons are learned and mistakes are not repeated.  You seem to be learning through the refinement of archwing summons on the plains, and k drives.  What can we look forward to, as far as refinements, based upon lessons learned over the past few years?

most of these questions have already been answered in previous dev streams.. melee dmg will recieve a slight dmg boost due to melee combo changes, directional slam(thank gawd), light attack is your base attack, heavy attack with be the multi (one big hit) and will more then likely use alternate attack key to unleash. blocking will have a better impact, and what else... status effects: pen/imp/slash are being modified and will have a minor multiplier effect of 3 tiers.

1 minute ago, Gagrod said:

What will the state of gunblades be? They're pretty mediocre rn. Are you going to add more gunblades? Prime sarpa or redeemer?

gunblades can actually get pretty monstrous with condition overload right now; but their pellets don't crit under normal circumstances at the moment, whether it's a bug ot intended is unknown; and I'd like to know.e

Dear DE,

Some of our fellow Tenno are concerned that changing (or eliminating(?)) the channeling effects of our melee weapons will impact the particle effects of our beloved prime armors and the Citadella Prime Syandana (and any other syandana that I may be unaware of).  Do you think that there is a way to continue this AMAZING particle effect into the future melee build?  

As always thank you for your time and effort!  I love this Dev team, the community, and this amazing game!  

Have a great day,

Cresent

Will it be possible to have the nikanas 'two handed' stance maybe have it drawn out the sheath while equipped because while the nikanas are quite nice, i hate that they are always on the hip sheathed instead of drawn for example like in the Saryn Prime trailer. Otherwise melee 3.0 is looking like it'll put some new life back into melee for me. Looking forward to hoverboarding across Venus but some 4 wheeled fun was shown on an earlier devstream on the plains, will anything come of that?

Great Job and hope for more goodness in the future, Thanks DE.

@[DE]Rebecca 

Not only is Slide Crit a very overpowered Playstyle currently, but also for many people alot of fun. Will there be weapons that play in a similiar style to that of slide crit? (covering distance with attacks and attacking in an AoE)? I would be very disappointed if that playstyle would just straight up die.

Looking forward to everything regardless tho 😄 keep up the work

See you in Cologne!

Must say that I didn't like the fact that yesterday, before the live gaming at Twitch, the published news was that the prize for Prime viewers would be Limbo Prime. After the live gaming the news was gone and I don't know if that was true or just a mistake from the team. Anyway... Now, about the new melee system, I really wish more mod slots, and I really hope that one day Orokin Reactor doesn't reset entire frame level coz that doesn't make sense. Orokins are very difficult to get in game and most of them we buy from the store. More people using Orokins, more Orokins will be sell. That's really frustrating start from scratch after using it. Sometimes I want to improve my frames, but all the process is really annoying.

Archived