Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Is the "any 1h melee with any 1h secondary" plan still on track for melee 3.0?

Should we expect it before/with Fortuna or is this planned for after we get there?

Looking forward to dual wielding a zaw and a kitgun!

How is lifestrike going to be reworked?  Second qustion combo mods.  It seems they could work normally after melee rework. So are combo mods going to to affect normal attacks or just heavy attacks?   I have to say i have done alot of speculating on how such mods could work. I have to say goooooooooooood luck. Third question Can we get a straight up traditional tenno style Kusarigama aka kama and wieghted chain also a kukuri syle long dagger .._..I think these melee weapons are long over due

Melee questions:

• Range stat on melees?
  • Changes to practically useless mods like Spring-Loaded-Blade?
  • Please don't make more dual swords?
  • Are dual daggers going to be useful?
  • More pistol + melee in the works?

Non-melee questions:

• When is the rest of the new UI coming?
  • Syndicate Operator armour?
  • Fill all button for ayatans?
  • Are there any frame changes in the works?
  • Streamlining the new and mid- player experience?
  • Adding Jolt and Voltaic strike to Hive caches?

There is more but I can't remember. guess next time. 😄

Will these melee changes affect tonfas? We have very few tonfasin general and if those are nerfed may as well delete them from the game...
Feel like I am one of the few that still want to believe.

On a side note...
Maybe you could add more ornate tonfas like Kronen Prime? I am currently using those as an extension to syandana... Turning weapon into fashionframe.

This question has been asked by a good amount of folks for a while: Spears?

My question specifically: What are your thoughts on spears as its own a melee class; is it a possibility or do you find their thrust-centricness too limiting to make their own thing? 

Hello! #1 Ivara fan here, just wanting to know more about channeling... I know it's a forgotten discipline, but because I'm an Ivara main I rely on life-strike and dispatch overdrive quite a lot. Dispatch overdrive has been broken for months and only works on non-finisher attacks, so I've been using Arcane Consequence to supplement the horrific movement speed of my favorite frame. I would also love to hear that combo counter will not be extremely destroyed because, again, as an Ivara main I don't use maiming anyhow because it'll break my stealth... but I do rely on the combo counter for the broken-scaling of enemies when I want to hunker down into a survival without needing covert lethality and boring sleep-kill gameplay.

Thanks!

Minor Questions/requests/ideas.. whatever u wanna call it,

1. Range stats and Mod Advantages; can those be seen in-game so that we, players, can chose how to mod them? (Mod advantages as in forced slam/slashproc/otherprocs/movement speed, etc)

2. Can the Stance system have a revamp? Like i an use a mod on the stance slot tochange the weapons characteristics (Eg. Use tranquil cleave on a normal sword and make the sword do nikana combos) or the likes.

BTW: Warframe is awesome. AWESOME!!! never played anything like it. and Haven't played any other game since 2 years. You guys are crazy and i Love u for it :) Keep the jack coming :D

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream114_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca, Scott, Steve, and Geoff!

What: Sharpen your steel, Tenno. We’re going to be playing with our work-in-progress Melee system changes on this Devstream! Trying out combos, slaughtering some Grineer, tune in to see how our Melee 3.0 changes are coming along! We’ll also be providing developer commentary and insight into the changes. We’ll also be looking at some unreleased content, including more work on ‘Revenant’ and Warframe: Fortuna!

Prizes? Oh yes, Platinum and Prime Access awaits lucky Twitch viewers!

Where: live at twitch.tv/Warframe (among other places)!

When:  Friday, August 3rd at 2 p.m ET!  

Please ask your MELEE related questions here! We will be spending a large part of the stream on Melee! The thread closes Friday at 10 a.m!

1. Will you be nerfing the slash proc on melee weapons?

2. Will channeling be reworked, refined, or removed?

3. I would love to put forward the idea of duel wielding a 1h weapon (right hand) and a secondary (left hand) weapon.

4. We still need an infested version of a weapon and shield, and fists.

5. When will we get an infested Kavat? (technically melee)

Thank you for your time.

:loka::perrin:

Sorry if this has already been asked. I don't have time to read through 16 pages of comments.

I have a few concerns with the new melee system.

1. I like to play melee only. I understand that channeling is being removed from the game and that the base weapon damage is going to be increased to compensate this. However, what's going to happen to the cool channeling energy appearance? It would be sad to see that go away, especially because some of the cosmetic shoulders have really cool particle effects associated with channeling.

2. Related to channeling. What's going to happen to 'parrying'? Is that simply not going to be an option anymore? Maybe incorporate it into the 'block' where if you simply 'block' at the right time you'll trigger a parry like before when activating channeling.

3. Something that has bothered me for a long time is that melee is not viable in many aspects of the game. Namely, boss fights. I'm wondering whether this is going to be addresses or whether it's just going to continue to be a case of "If you want to kill the Juggernaut, you need to bring a shooty weapon".

4. I remember that it was mentioned that blocking while wielding is going to have the same effect as blocking while channeling now. Which means 100% damage block. However, it wasn't explicitly mentioned whether it would still consume energy? If yes, it's going to be a shame that I cannot use my Nikana to freely mitigate 85% incoming damage anymore. If not, I have concerns over just how much of an increase it's going to be to survivability. Being able to block 100% of incoming damage for free is going to be ridiculous.

Thanks for the great game and active outreach to the community =3

Edit: In the time it took me to write this, 10 more pages of comments popped up... wow

If you remove the combo counter from affecting normal melee attacks this will nerf melee combat in general into the ground for high tier combat, also effectively putting the last nail in the coffin of endurance runs. I dont see the point in doing so and it will tick off a decent portion of your vet base. Leaving the combo counter system as is and replacing channeling with heavy attacks that reset the counter is far more favorable with no negatives. Please dont nuke the only scaling combat system in the game. The heavy attack system looks fun and great, but nuking combat in general to give it life isnt necessary.  

Archived