Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

• The idea was that we'll be able to roll to cancel a combo. Instead, could we have something to help chaining combos? Why roll to cancel and have to restart combos from the beginning when you could dash and get closer, performing a different combo in a dynamic way? This could also help combos whose animations locks you at walking speed, since you would be able to quickly approach the enemy without the need to stop the current combo to do a brief slide just because your stance doesn't let you move fast enough.
  • Have you ever thought of allowing different types of stances when you don't equip a weapon? Easy example is the speargun: if we didn't equip any melee weapon but used a speargun as a primary, shouldn't we be able to use it as a melee weapon to some extent?

Firstly: please don't nerf gladiator/berserk/bloodrush builds into the ground. I've spent a long time perfecting my nikana builds, and don't want to have to start over on my builds from square one because combo counters are eaten up by heavy attacks.

Will we see dual zaws (melee or pistol) ever?

Scythes, what is the deal with that?

Dual nikana when?

Is the Odachi (big katana) going to be like some weapons and be the only (or one of very few) of its kind (looking at you warfans)?

Ability to switch stance mods while in mission?

Ability to carry a second melee instead of a secondary? (secondary daggers/short blades) 

More sentient melee weapons? 

I have a stupid idea. keep the combo counter for normal attacks (so you dont nerf) but if you want you can use this counter for the heavy attack(the attack system you are planning for). buff > nerf

Since you are reworking melee i expect the meta to change ...

what will happen to Lenses, orokin catalists, and forma?

I'm more concerned about the Lenses installed, can you demount them? Or even better, can you make them detachable like the arcanes?

Melee:

• What's the plan for simplifying combo inputs, making them more reliable and useful?
    • Are the changes taking into account proper, high level gameplay?
  • Will melee equip speed be increased (without bandaid mods)?
  • Blade + Gun still coming?
  • What's happening to channeling and all of its mods?
  • Any weapon rebalancing happening?

Fortuna:

• Show off and talk about the base capturing system and its benefits, please?

With the release of yet another prime unvaulting, the average relics per tier are now around 5 rows so 30 relics per tier. 

For easier navigation purpouses, can we please get a market for vaulted relics? as someone who has all relics ever released in game, this would help out a ton.

Thank you for taking the time to review and answer my question in advance.

Will important channeling mods (such as life strike) be applied to the heavy attacks? (Maybe in the case of life strike heavy attacks will cost a small amount of energy)

Are we ever gonna be able to use a single handed sword with a pistol?

While we don't have a melee weapon equipped will we be able to do melee finishers with our bare hands? Maybe they would change with the animation sets that we have equipped

Will there be new heavy attacks based mods? (such as:" heavy attacks have +X status chance", etc.)

What about Operator Melee? Is that be a thing you have considered yet?

Thank you for your answers

So the style mods added an interesting variety of feel even to the same weapon but one of the problems with the current melee weapons is that dual daggers are dual daggers no matter which one you have equipped with only a handful of exceptions. One of the things I really love about this game is how EVERY gun I wield feels distinct. There are a ton of shotguns but I have yet to find any that feel the same as another. Same for most of the other ranged weaponry. Does this update help make melee weapons feel as diverse?

It has been 2.5 years since first Zephyr Deluxe tease and we have yet to receive it despite the fact that we are getting other Warframe Deluxe skins right after they are teased e.g. Nidus. Can we still get an ETA or we can forget Zephyr Deluxe which is sad?

What melee weapons stick out as lackluster to every member of the stream, and what buffs would each do to said weapons?

Which melee weapons stick out as overpowered/overloaded to each member as well and what nerfs might be expected to hit to help balance them?

Outside of those two, what is everyones favorite melee weapon, and whether it is design wise or gameplay?

I hope this changes dont mess up with melee there was no reason to change melee they were good and fun. The melee being able to kill behind the walls needed to be removed and maybe melee range needs to be altered too but the combo...

Melees are really good but dont say theyre OP melees are just much more efficient than Primary and Secondarys basicly saying that melees are OP is saying that they do more damage than Tigris Prime or Lanka.

Thanks DE for updating the game with events and changes while we wait for the next big Updates.

Archived