Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

15 hours ago, Voltage said:

Will "Range" be a visible stat in the arsenal?

Hide contents

I do understand how the range of a melee can be variable based on combos and attacks, but I do believe something can be done to show this stat.

An example of an idea for this stat can be found here:

Yeah, but it'd be cool if it was in meters, not something like "1.15" (as if we knew how much range that is)

Warframe is known and much loved for its freedom of movement, the ability to jump run slide backflip wherever you please and not be constrained by the horrible restriction on movement that so many other games suffer from.

The freedom we have in using melee is a huge part of my gameplay so my question is -

Will Melee 3.0 restrict movement in its current form? Will you still be able to run glide jump slide while using ALL your weapons, melee included, or will this change drag us into an unfortunate restrictive era? Melee flows nicely currently, anything that restricts that would be a step backwards.

Probably an unusual question here. But will DE consider adding in some melee mechanics to Speargun primaries? Perhaps the usual 3-hit melee animation or something similar to make wielding Spearguns much more cooler (and more practical in that sense). I mean it's a bit of a waste to simply use it as a shooting weapon with a throwing alt-fire mechanic and not utilize it as something to whack some Grineer faces on. 

Perhaps what I want to ask is, add a new primary or secondary weapon type that has some melee functionality when fighting enemies up close. Something like rifles with bayonet comes to mind.

Looking forward to the devstream. Keep up the great work DE, you guys are awesome!

Most of my melee builds revolve around Channeling either for extra damage or for health returns. I can understand the idea behind removing or changing the system while you are changing melee as a whole. What exactly is the plan for replacing mods for that use channeling such as [Life Strike]?

Will you show some love to melee weapons with extremely short range? You can miss an enemy that is 1 meter away when you slide attack with a short range melee weapon. I had to add lots of reach to my Kronen Prime to disable the need to be hugging the enemy while using slide attack and that doesn't feel right.

The primary thing holding back channeling and Warframe's melee system in general are dedicated melee and firearms modes.  What is the reasoning behind having these modes in a game where half a room could be destroyed before a holstering animation is completed?

My question for the Devs: Any thoughts on looking into the Dynasty Warriors style of combos for melee. With a single normal attack combo, with different attacks depending on how many normal attacks proceed a heavy attack.

It could help with all the different stances and weapon types if the basic combos are the same, and the effects of those combos are different. The kind of combos we have atm feel more suited to something like streetfighter where you dont have to worry about shooting, running and using powers on top of learning combos.

My biggest question about the new melee system is what happens to any of the channel mods - including the channel-kill based Arcanes attached to Zaws. Are they just going to be drafted/converted to work of heavies? Next questions is if the stacking mods (crit/status per combo mod) will still be applying their benefit to all attacks or only to the new heavies.

I don't really feel like I can form a big opinion on the melee system till it's in my hands, but I do worry a little that it's going to impact the melee in a manner where it no longer feels viable to use instead of broadening the situation to that appropriate "everything is fun and Dynasty Warriors level genocide" that it's sitting at right now.

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream114_1080p.jpg

Who:  Rebecca, Scott, Steve, and Geoff!

What: Sharpen your steel, Tenno. We’re going to be playing with our work-in-progress Melee system changes on this Devstream! Trying out combos, slaughtering some Grineer, tune in to see how our Melee 3.0 changes are coming along! We’ll also be providing developer commentary and insight into the changes. We’ll also be looking at some unreleased content, including more work on ‘Revenant’ and Warframe: Fortuna!

Prizes? Oh yes, Platinum and Prime Access awaits lucky Twitch viewers!

Where: live at twitch.tv/Warframe (among other places)!

When:  Friday, August 3rd at 2 p.m ET!  

Please ask your MELEE related questions here! We will be spending a large part of the stream on Melee! The thread closes Friday at 10 a.m!

Will u add in a new log in systemm or was that just an idea?

When Melee 3.0 was last mentioned you briefly talked about how range on melee would be adjusted but did not say anything specific. If you could clarify that would be nice.

If I could make a suggestion most melee weapons are between 2-4 meter range by default the big difference is caused by primed reach making that difference 5-10 meters If you changed primed reach to add a flat range amount like 5.5 meters for example then the ranges of most weapons would be close at 7.5-9.5 meters.

You would not be upsetting anyone who likes longer melee weapons by reducing their range and the difference would be small enough that people would use the lower range weapons more

I'm afraid my question will go unnoticed, but...

With the nearing releases of Fortuna and Railjack, I can't help but notice, that your level designs keep getting more complex and aesthetically pleasing. Which is incredible, and you should be proud of it.

But the question is: do you plan on revisiting old location tilesets? Is there a possibility of new tilesets appearing, since we still have different planets with identical levels?

The majority of the game is still concentrated around those. And some tilesets still have bugs (mostly with their collision) or just look kind of empty in comparison to the upcoming new stuff. 

Cheers!

Archived