Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Whenever I use a weapon that mostly does impact damage, I feel like I am handicapping myself, since all it is good against is shields - while the other physical damage types can either proc an aggressive bleed (slash) or is stronger against armor specifically (puncture). In my experience, if you bring a slash or puncture weapon against corpus, you'll still be able to do respectable damage without noticing significant effects in your gameplay; on the other hand - again in my experience - if you bring an impact weapon to a grineer mission you'll notice the damage reduction instantly. A clear answer is to tailor my weapon choices but I rarely switch my gear for missions, insteading swtiching gear when I want to change it up - Sometimes I find myself going through a Melee Hammer phase.

What is being done to incentivize impact-based weapons? This goes beyond melee weapons but the only impact-based weapons I ever use are melee weapons. I would love to see impact damage buffed in the coming changes to the point where it feels like it's on the same level as the other physical damage types.

Nice heck yeah my only concerns are that the melee players dont have an end game like those of spammiing ability #1 most needed nerf is saryn noone should be able to do 7hr surv solo with spores thats jacked. Im a melee player and look forward to the changes. Will umbra polarity ever be itroduced? How all the mods that use combo or channel be fixed due to changes like weeping wounds are they all gonna be based off of heavy attack and will they ever be a boss immune  to abilities please say yes.. See yall tommorrow fellow tennos.

How will melee 3.0 affect valkyrs hysteria and other melee exalted weapons?

We heard about building up combos and spending them via heavy attacks, but will we be able to spend combo meter while holding a gun? How about while dual wielding gun and blade?

Will we be able to block while using gun and blade?

How about adding stance melee moves to quick melee?

When will we be able to switch stances on Dark Split-sword whenever we want during a mission?

I love you DE team!!!  I'm a 4 year Veteran. On Ps4 been lurking among the void for ages. With a team of loyal warriors called The 300Shadowz. We honor and commend you all for always giving us dope exciting content. I can't wait to see how intriguing the New melee system is.  

I also wanted to ask. If when using melee attacks. Will there be more animation effects. Like environmental wise...if not, that would be a great addition.. Like when you use a Hammer and stomp the ground will there be system particulars everywhere. Or maybe void energy from overpowering your Tenno. And is there a way we can get more stances with the throwing weapons like the beloved Sword & shield & chain whips/swords....I think if our warriors were as agile as the cinema trailers. This game would be A 🌟  until Ps10. - Sincerely 

- Let The Shadowz Forever Be In Your Favor - *Thank you again for letting me ramble* (J300Shadow, {300Shadowz})

DEvs TO DO LIST!

OPERATOR:
More uses for the Operator OUTSIDE the plains - maybe a specific enemy that could spawn in some missions, like a/some Vomvalist that could drop some Cores. Or maybe a Kuva Cloud that could randomly spawn... Or, why not both?

Make The other Focus schools actually necessary in some missions - like fighting the (new) Eidolons, or some other type of missions. Or else everyone will just continue use Zenurik... All the time.

Use Operator in other Orbitals - we go there and can't even take of our coats/frames.

Use the Operator in Relays - like we do in Cetus.

MISSIONS:
Go search for a key when doors lock - instead of just hacking consoles to move on.
Day-night cycles in other planets - don't other planets spin too?

Use the Archwing in the Kuva Fortress - I cry everytime I leave the Kuva Fortress and see the Archwing stats in the reward menu... doing nothing. It hurts, it really does.
Kubrows (Earth) and Stingrays (Mars) to drops specific resources - like Rats and Eagles do in the Plains.
A use for Iron Wake - since the Harrow Quest I have NEVER returned there. It serves absolutelly NO purpose whatsoever. Either move Pallamino to Cetus and get rid of Iron Wake, or make it have an actual purpose in game... Maybe more shops? Or a mercenary chief that would come once every 2 weeks with special bounties? A 3 to 5 stage mission that would take you all over the starchart and it would give you special rewards at each stage... Just a tought.

SINDICATES:
A Sigil for Ostron Sindicate - because all others have them, and so that we have at least ONE other way to earn standing for them outside the plains.
Lure Specters - In the Quills sindicate, to capture the Eidolon easelly. NO foundry required! (btw ALL specters should "hold" position by pressing and HOLDING square button [PS4] because the amount of times they stand still because we are just reloading or opening lockers is too much and reeeeeally annoying).

PVP:
Lunaro needs a map - just a little one on the upper left corner like we have in missions, to quickly see where my teammates and our oponents are. I have requested this too many times, so... If you are not going to improve it and so few people play it, maybe you should consider remove it all together?

Better rewards - or else no one will play/return there. Possibly some of the itens in the daily login rewards?

HUD:
Type of landing craft support displayed in HUD - extremelly useful.
Reactant marked on radar - a little yellow dot would sufice. Instead of a clutered screen full of icons.
Eidolon Cores marked on world map and have them work with vaccum mod - a little blue dot would sufice and it should be picked up like Reactant... for the same reason.
[Note1: Like excavator powercells, these thing are already pretty visible in the game. But unlike powercells that we have to pick up manually, these do not happear in radar but (should just) work with vaccum. And because the hud can get pretty clutered with every little icon, I would prefer to have them marked on radar and have Vaccum pick them up. ]

Diferent icon between Mineral or Cristal displayed in our minning radar - useful, to say the least (btw, boost Eidolon Cristal drops).

Icon for equiped Focus School displayed on the lower right corner - instead of the 5 rings... A "quality of life" improvement to help us see what Focus we have equiped.

STARCHART:
Missions of Cetus displayed - and able to pick from there, like all other Sindicates have. Instead of having to go in there just to take a look.

ORBITER:

Infested Room - Having it there always locked and just accesable to ONE frame or to remove Cysts, is kind of reductive... this room needs more use(s). So my idea was: some kind of enemy we could capture, bring here, sit them on the chair and let it analise(eat) them. This would give us some kind item or boost... Nitain Extract(?) or 10% bonuses for 1h (equal to rare stashes) sounds mighty fine.
I was hoping The Sacrifice would provided something like this... Unfortunatelly, it did not.

ARSENAL:
Auto color match for weapons - changing weapons in loadout should still match color selection (if costumized, equal to visible or not), just like syndanas do.
Costumise your Focus school to match certain frames - extremely useful. I, like most players I believe, use certain focus abilities with certain frames. Ence, to have the option to match scholls-frames right in the Arsenal would be a big plus.

POE:
Able to use Abilities when fishing - same as minning. Instead of unequip spear, use ability, equip spear... Extremelly useful.
Use of our ORIGINAL archweapons in POE - because, why not?... Logic.
Use our OWN settings to control Archwing - forcing players to play with the "new" style command is annoying and degradating to play-style to say the least.

Use Archwing UNDERWATER - I mean, we use it in Urano, so... Logic 2.

[Note2: concerning Archwing, if these things cannot be done for POE, them it is better to just change the entire design for a proper "Skywing" - a single wing from the arcwhing attached to the back (so as to keep the abilities) would be better understood by the players.]
Vaccum to catch Eidolon cores - you did it with Reactants, so... Logic 3.
Fight the Teralist or Gautalist or Hidrolist in diferent missions - when night comes, have specific missions for each one individually (well, for Teralist we already have).

ARCHWING:
Archwing Races, and PvP - POE clearly show you have not forgotten good'old Archwing.
Use of regular Archwing weapons in POE- (AND controls)... C'mon, even if you nerfed the damage bit we still need them. [see Note2]
Archwing Defense - comeback PLEEEEEEEASE! Make it ONE objective defense and put some good rewards there (Axi Relics!?) so I can go back to my Archwing fighting days.

MELEE 3.0 QUESTIONS:
-How will automatic blocking benefit melee attacks now? Will it give it a buff like channeling?
-How will the new changes afect Rivens? (because they have channeling stats)
-When will the Ghould "Disc Shreeder" be available?

Loads of questions!

1. You've announced that you're in the "polishing" phases of the rework... but that begs the question of how far you've gone. Have you retouched all the stances already, or is that still going to be rolled out in phases?
  2. Did you stick to your guns about making heavy attacks consume all combo, or have you taken a more tempered approach?
  3. Have you considered using heavy attacks to make bosses more interactive with melee? For example, perhaps building up a high combo multiplier would allow players to "shatter" Sargas Ruk's defenses and make him vulnerable to melee for a bit... Stuff like that.
  4. How will parrying be implemented? Will we finally get timed blocks? If so, will enemy melee attacks be reworked for slightly more reasonable telegraphs?
  5. What, if anything, have you done with directional air melee?
  6. Have you considered moving finisher prompts from the melee key to the interact key? This would be super helpful for both stealth and dealing with powers like Radial Blind or Executing Dash... using a finisher is not always desirable.
  7. Will you be adjusting stances so that they are more interchangeable? The implementation of Polarities makes it very difficult to swap between stances on some weapons (e.g., Dual Swords, Scythes, Longswords, etc.) and completely trivial on others (e.g., Nikanas). It'd be nice to see this reworked so that players can simply switch between stances as they like without penalty.
  8. Varied idles (sheathed/unsheathed/reverse grip) for Nikanas anytime soon? Might be nice to see similar reverse grips for other weapons, too.

Thanks for your consideration!

I have always loved gunblades and tonfas. But, there are only 2 of each in the game... are there plans to add more of these?

Also, the Ohma stealth kill animation needs to be changed. It is supposed to be a brute force weapon, but when you kill an enemy with it you stab them through the back and slash their neck.

2 hours ago, QestoPresto said:

Never posted in the forums before so...hi guys! 

welcome to the forums and warframe i hope you enjoy this game as much as the rest of us do.

42 minutes ago, 5T0RMC4T3P1C said:

I have always loved gunblades and tonfas. But, there are only 2 of each in the game... are there plans to add more of these?

Also, the Ohma stealth kill animation needs to be changed. It is supposed to be a brute force weapon, but when you kill an enemy with it you stab them through the back and slash their neck.

HAHA another gunblade fan, i was almost starting to think other people did not use them, I would really like to know how the rework will handle the weapons like redeemer and sarpa will the hold melee to fire the gun still remain the same and i would also like to know what they will do about the stats on rivens for increased channeling damage will change or what they intend to do about the channeling damage stat in general once melee 3.0 drops.

Hi, will it be possible for you to let us choose wich combo we want to use, sometime combo are so closed, activate the only one we want would be very nice.

As the specter will it be possible to get a profile per warframe, where we could set (not only melee ) weapons as well as our minion to a dedicate warframe, just a matter of confort, but i quicly want to change a warframe (included weapons...) for a misson in the same time.

and finally, as the warframe's skins will u change the aspect of abilities.

Thank you if you take time to answer.

I have faith that this new system will be good however, bloodrush is a go to mod and not broken like maiming strike(no offense). with light attacks not scaling and heavy attacks adding knockback and draining the entire amount wont that make melee 10xs harder to manage? i think when this is revealed it should be showcased against hard enemies. not immortal enemies but like 200. just a thought. im skeptical, excited yet have faith that if this doesnt do well you will continue to put the communities opinions first like you have for the past 5 years. sadly i wont be able to watch the stream(again *sigh*) due to work but i will watch the video after and offer constructive criticism and what id like to see changed. WE ALL LIFT TOGETHER!!

1 hour ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

DEvs TO DO LIST!

OPERATOR:
More uses for the Operator OUTSIDE the plains - maybe a specific enemy that could spawn in some missions, like a/some Vomvalist that could drop some Cores. Or maybe a Kuva Cloud that could randomly spawn... Or, why not both?

Make The other Focus schools actually necessary in some missions - like fighting the (new) Eidolons, or some other type of missions. Or else everyone will just continue use Zenurik... All the time.

Use Operator in other Orbitals - we go there and can't even take of our coats/frames.

Use the Operator in Relays - like we do in Cetus.

MISSIONS:
Go search for a key when doors lock - instead of just hacking consoles to move on.
Day-night cycles in other planets - don't other planets spin too?

Use the Archwing in the Kuva Fortress - I cry everytime I leave the Kuva Fortress and see the Archwing stats in the reward menu... doing nothing. It hurts, it really does.
Kubrows (Earth) and Stingrays (Mars) to drops specific resources - like Rats and Eagles do in the Plains.
A use for Iron Wake - since the Harrow Quest I have NEVER returned there. It serves absolutelly NO purpose whatsoever. Either move Pallamino to Cetus and get rid of Iron Wake, or make it have an actual purpose in game... Maybe more shops? Or a mercenary chief that would come once every 2 weeks with special bounties? A 3 to 5 stage mission that would take you all over the starchart and it would give you special rewards at each stage... Just a tought.

SINDICATES:
A Sigil for Ostron Sindicate - because all others have them, and so that we have at least ONE other way to earn standing for them outside the plains.
Lure Specters - In the Quills sindicate, to capture the Eidolon easelly. NO foundry required! (btw ALL specters should "hold" position by pressing and HOLDING square button [PS4] because the amount of times they stand still because we are just reloading or opening lockers is too much and reeeeeally annoying).

PVP:
Lunaro needs a map - just a little one on the upper left corner like we have in missions, to quickly see where my teammates and our oponents are. I have requested this too many times, so... If you are not going to improve it and so few people play it, maybe you should consider remove it all together?

Better rewards - or else no one will play/return there. Possibly some of the itens in the daily login rewards?

HUD:
Type of landing craft support displayed in HUD - extremelly useful.
Reactant marked on radar - a little yellow dot would sufice. Instead of a clutered screen full of icons.
Eidolon Cores marked on world map and have them work with vaccum mod - a little blue dot would sufice and it should be picked up like Reactant... for the same reason.
[Note1: Like excavator powercells, these thing are already pretty visible in the game. But unlike powercells that we have to pick up manually, these do not happear in radar but (should just) work with vaccum. And because the hud can get pretty clutered with every little icon, I would prefer to have them marked on radar and have Vaccum pick them up. ]

Diferent icon between Mineral or Cristal displayed in our minning radar - useful, to say the least (btw, boost Eidolon Cristal drops).

Icon for equiped Focus School displayed on the lower right corner - instead of the 5 rings... A "quality of life" improvement to help us see what Focus we have equiped.

STARCHART:
Missions of Cetus displayed - and able to pick from there, like all other Sindicates have. Instead of having to go in there just to take a look.

ORBITER:

Infested Room - Having it there always locked and just accesable to ONE frame or to remove Cysts, is kind of reductive... this room needs more use(s). So my idea was: some kind of enemy we could capture, bring here, sit them on the chair and let it analise(eat) them. This would give us some kind item or boost... Nitain Extract(?) or 10% bonuses for 1h (equal to rare stashes) sounds mighty fine.
I was hoping The Sacrifice would provided something like this... Unfortunatelly, it did not.

ARSENAL:
Auto color match for weapons - changing weapons in loadout should still match color selection (if costumized, equal to visible or not), just like syndanas do.
Costumise your Focus school to match certain frames - extremely useful. I, like most players I believe, use certain focus abilities with certain frames. Ence, to have the option to match scholls-frames right in the Arsenal would be a big plus.

POE:
Able to use Abilities when fishing - same as minning. Instead of unequip spear, use ability, equip spear... Extremelly useful.
Use of our ORIGINAL archweapons in POE - because, why not?... Logic.
Use our OWN settings to control Archwing - forcing players to play with the "new" style command is annoying and degradating to play-style to say the least.

Use Archwing UNDERWATER - I mean, we use it in Urano, so... Logic 2.

[Note2: concerning Archwing, if these things cannot be done for POE, them it is better to just change the entire design for a proper "Skywing" - a single wing from the arcwhing attached to the back (so as to keep the abilities) would be better understood by the players.]
Vaccum to catch Eidolon cores - you did it with Reactants, so... Logic 3.
Fight the Teralist or Gautalist or Hidrolist in diferent missions - when night comes, have specific missions for each one individually (well, for Teralist we already have).

ARCHWING:
Archwing Races, and PvP - POE clearly show you have not forgotten good'old Archwing.
Use of regular Archwing weapons in POE- (AND controls)... C'mon, even if you nerfed the damage bit we still need them. [see Note2]
Archwing Defense - comeback PLEEEEEEEASE! Make it ONE objective defense and put some good rewards there (Axi Relics!?) so I can go back to my Archwing fighting days.

MELEE 3.0 QUESTIONS:
-How will automatic blocking benefit melee attacks now? Will it give it a buff like channeling?
-How will the new changes afect Rivens? (because they have channeling stats)
-When will the Ghould "Disc Shreeder" be available?

yes yes arch-wing defence has my vote

i think gunblades will be one of the best weapons after this rework. as to rivens with channeling just give us a free roll on any melee offering that stat. im excited to see this new playstyle myself and hope ninkondis with secondaries is viable.

40 minutes ago, Daskrieg said:

welcome to the forums and warframe i hope you enjoy this game as much as the rest of us do.

HAHA another gunblade fan, i was almost starting to think other people did not use them, I would really like to know how the rework will handle the weapons like redeemer and sarpa will the hold melee to fire the gun still remain the same and i would also like to know what they will do about the stats on rivens for increased channeling damage will change or what they intend to do about the channeling damage stat in general once melee 3.0 drops 

39 minutes ago, Daskrieg said:

HAHA another gunblade fan, i was almost starting to think other people did not use them, I would really like to know how the rework will handle the weapons like redeemer and sarpa will the hold melee to fire the gun still remain the same and i would also like to know what they will do about the sta

I think the main reason nobody played with stance combos is because it stopped you from using guns, whereas with a gun in hand you can always quick melee, so can we have an option to move weapon switching to gear wheel, and get a "quick secondary/quick primary" mechanic?

Archived