Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Will finishers be receiving any changes?  Please consider allowing larger weapons to hit multiple enemies with the same finisher animation like with every other attack.

Also, will you be addressing the inputs for stances? They're very wonky and unreliable in my experience.

Okay I logged in and confirmed I'm not a robot just to ask a few weapon-specific questions.

1. Will Fang Prime ever rise up as a great melee weapon and have a fun gimmick to use? (It currently has very low critical chance and status chance)

2. Can Polearms have a throwing move when doing an aerial slam attack? Throwing down the polearm which then creates a shockwave seems all kinds of powerful or fun gimmick to play around with.

1.Can you let us color Helmets and Bodies of the frames separately? (please please please some deluxe skins are awesome with the prime helmets but they are colored wierdly)
2.Will we be able to get umbra polarities on non-umbra frames? (just yes or no for this one)
3.Peculiar mods cost? please lower it to 0? pretty please?
4.Khoras brother? a Kubrow frame?

I recall it being tossed around in a previous devstream, the concept of scythes being treated as heavy blades. I know I am not only among a minority but maybe an unpopular opinion; I really enjoy the current scythes as well as their stances. I wouldn't mind change but the change to them as heavy blades would kind of lessen my like for them, I think. I'm not opposed to trying it though if it means more balance is in store for us. Thank you for this game and all it's become c:

Can we have some confirmation that the multi tool seen used by the corpus slaves in fortuna will be usable? 

Also Sibear needs some love, just think about us poor legion of Frost paladins. 

In this new melee system, can we still charge a heavy attack with hammers to golf enemes into the distance? if so, Can we have some more control on direction of the 'golf shot'? would make the sunday grineer golfing on cetus much more enjoyable.

Two words: VARIETY & SPECIALIZATION 

What I mean by that is increase the variety of ways to build out the melee weapons, with new stances and attach stats to the stances, both positive and negative. Doing this will require players to specialize more, when it comes to what the goal of the weapon is. Want a balanced weapon, then use the balanced stance, but that may come with flat stats or even no stats, preventing you from maxing out your crit or status. Want a Critical Chance/Critical Damage build, then use that stance, but that will decrease your status chance and maybe even your speed. This can be done with combinations of stats, much in the way the dual stat mods work, but can include negative stats as well, like Rivens do.

Combine a system like this with how Zaws work and you can really bring out new ways of min/maxing melee weapons, which in reality is what most players want. People love to min/max, otherwise why would people collect hundreds of thousands of Kuva to blow on rerolling Rivens.

The end result is much more variety in how people are using the hundreds of melee weapons, especially the niche ones that are rarely used except for MR, and expands the customization of Zaws to a new degree.

Obviously, this would be a large undertaking, but in the end could provide new avenues for future updates of Primary and Secondary weapons. I'm looking at you Kitguns!

Just an idea from a fellow Canadian. Keep up the amazing work!!

I know this seems like a bit of an idiotic question but can you classify the types of one handed weapons that will be dual wield-able with a gun? such as Nikanas are a one handed weapon, but are they still valid on the list? and what will happen to frames like wukong where their passive is directed at the combo counter? The revenant looks really fun by the way and I cant wait to play it on xbox!

2 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Hey DE, long standing player here. I've been loving Warframe ever since U12: Zephyr Rises, and have 4,000 hours clocked in.

Due to TennoCon happening right after The Sacrifice, you pretty much glanced over it in favor for Fortuna talk on the last Devstream, so now would be a good opportunity to actually talk about some Sacrifice stuff.

The thing I want answered the most is; Will we ever be able to add Umbra polarities to other gear at some point? Maybe with a special item or something? Those Umbra mods are really sweet, but need a lot of resources to become viable, and it hurts a lot more when you need to Forma every other slot, strongly restrict your build flexibility, and use Steel Charge just to be able to use them on other Warframes.

Will there be more Umbra Warframes and/or mods in the future? Obvious question. We like Umbra. We want m00r.

Will specter AI be looked at to improve Umbra behavior? Some better targeting and navigation would be nice. Also, Umbra chill in Orbiter when?

Alright, that's it, thanks for reading.
Oh, and I almost forgot my good ol' Hektato:

Zs1N6oJ.png

I remember them talking about umbra mods, when the sacrifice came out. If i'm correct they said there would not be a special polarity, unless it's an umbra WF. This makes sense, since the polarities represent the different schools of the Tenno. Since Umbra is not a school, it should not be a polarity.

To be honest, i hope they don't do polarities for Umbra mods, They got to balance them somehow, or else everyone will replace regular and primed mods with umbras, just because you can. There has to be a compromise somewhere, for balance to be maintained. You've seen how maiming strike has ruined mele weapons (they are the current meta), that is currently undergoing a change

will we be able to chain combo into eachother? how are the posture for each weapon come along? any news on new system that you are trying with melee 3.0 interms of angling my attack towards enemies that airborne?

Off Topic:

Profile view with captura background :D :D think about it :D :D ???

any postures that is not tied to another warframe?

will older primes be re-designed seen as the standard of warframe design had been set to a higher level?

thats it for now.

P.S. thanks for everything.

The Proxy Rebellion Tactical Alert was an excellent way to fill in the gap while we wait for more updates, and the Rift Sigil reward was also a neat addition to my collection-o'-stuff. I'm curious if you guys plan on releasing more alerts like this in order to allow players to acquire items that have been in cold storage for a while, like the Rakta Syandana, event emblems of the past(Like Sacrifice & Loyalty), and weapon cosmetics like the Scorn Lacera skin. Considering how many newer players miss out on older content, I find it somewhat disappointing that neat content rarely sees the light of day.

On a side-note, have you guys ever considered adding, say, heavily armed Corpus guards for members of the Corpus Board of Directors? Would be very interesting to see Corpus counterparts of the Kuva Guardians, would be even better to see and obtain whatever weapons they possessed as well.

my 2 plat

1. How will Melee 3.0 affect melee oriented frames e.g. Wukong, Valkyr, Excalibur, etc.

2. Will weapons see a split along design lines as far as damage and use, especially with heavy attacks coming. This could also serve to spread how a weapon is used and give each their     own playstyle.

For this I was thinking along the lines of

Hammer --> knockdown.

Axe/H. Sword --> Large AoE slash.

Dagger --> very quick attack/air kite combo.

And so on and so forth.

This would also allow for playstyle differences.

Sword --> fast mid/high damage,

Sword&Shield --> Tank,

Tonfas --> slide/spinning attacks,

Staff --> lower damage but high CC.

These are just thoughts and examples but I would be curious to know what the developers thoughts were on this. p.s. its funny how much non-melee stuff is brought up on this.

Hey DE, not really melee related and i know you guys are busy people but, where is the Phyrke skin on console? Its kinda annoying how silent you guys are on its progress, i know PS4 and Xbox versions are a pain to update, but something, ANYTHING to inform us would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Will this make what are generally considered"low-tier" weapons more viable for endgame content? Also can we get some love for dual swords? The sword and dagger combo is cool and all, but telling me I can't dual wield katanas like my favorite ninja turtle Leonardo, in a game that prides itself in interstellar ninjutsu, feels borderline criminal. 😢

P.S. you guys are the best devs ever!!! 🙂

Maybe off topic, but exalted weapons stance number value? or just 1-2 +forma also with new sacrifice mission related mods + forma's
Also maybe next time don't decide what polarity good for players maybe give a mechanic like zaws gild about some weapon can be guilded free some time and we decide about polarity cause except Ivara exalted weapon all other with  2 minus is ... (not decided well maybe for new players but why veterans should forma again cause DE not attend avarage modding what in datebase asking can be if i'm right or avarage modding that bad?)

I hope not offending anyone just something I see different.

GL, keep up the work. I will wait Fortuna and all the new content. Have a nice year.

Can you guys make spy missions a bit harder? Or at least make invisibility less OP? Seriously, one Loki can completely nullify any challenge that a spy mission had for everyone in the squad. I'd love to be able to play my other frames in spy missions. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this game! ❤️

Archived