Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we get a option to skip the Chains of Harrow Questline

Lukas22041

Hello, i know the request might sounds quite stupid at first.
My problem is, i cant stand Horror at all, it doesnt matter if its cheap or high quality Horror, i just cant go through any kind of game or movie including elements wich are supposed to scare you.

And Thats my Problem with the Chains of Harrow Questline, its supposed to scare you, wich it definitly did when i first tryed the Quest.

Its great to see that DE does try to add variety to the game, but i kind of want to be able to progress through the game by playing it with its default gameplay.

I would even be fine with not getting the Harrow Frame for chosing to skip it, since i obviously would have done nothing for it then.

i just want to be able to continue with the quest wich gets unlocked after the Chains of Harrow, without going through something wich i couldnt enjoy at all in a game i love otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Lukas22041 said:

Hello, i know the request might sounds quite stupid at first.
My problem is, i cant stand Horror at all, it doesnt matter if its cheap or high quality Horror, i just cant go through any kind of game or movie including elements wich are supposed to scare you.

And Thats my Problem with the Chains of Harrow Questline, its supposed to scare you, wich it definitly did when i first tryed the Quest.

Its great to see that DE does try to add variety to the game, but i kind of want to be able to progress through the game by playing it with its default gameplay.

I would even be fine with not getting the Harrow Frame for chosing to skip it, since i obviously would have done nothing for it then.

i just want to be able to continue with the quest wich gets unlocked after the Chains of Harrow, without going through something wich i couldnt enjoy at all in a game i love otherwise.

I agree the creepy factor was ratcheted way up during Chains, but it really is one of my absolute favorite quests in the game. It's a bit of spookums at first, but if you just press through it you can prevail Tenno. I wish it could be done in a group, I'd offer to clear it out for you because you should really experience it (and need to to progress further in the game's story).

yea i think only being able to do it alone is the worst thing for me

vor 1 Minute schrieb Lannen:

I agree the creepy factor was ratcheted way up during Chains, but it really is one of my absolute favorite quests in the game. It's a bit of spookums at first, but if you just press through it you can prevail Tenno. I wish it could be done in a group, I'd offer to clear it out for you because you should really experience it (and need to to progress further in the game's story).

yea i think thats actually the worst thing for me, that you can only do it alone. its understandable that you can only do it alone, since else players trigger events while you arent near them yet, but its much more scary when being alone. Also i already know the lore about the Quest, but scary stuff just always scares, sometimes even more when i know whats coming up.

3 minutes ago, Lukas22041 said:

yea i think only being able to do it alone is the worst thing for me

yea i think thats actually the worst thing for me, that you can only do it alone. its understandable that you can only do it alone, since else players trigger events while you arent near them yet, but its much more scary when being alone. Also i already know the lore about the Quest, but scary stuff just always scares, sometimes even more when i know whats coming up.

Unfortunately, without ruining too much, the spooks don't end with the quest...so I'm very sorry for that. But I was going to make the music suggestion made up above, if you turn down game sounds and listen to enjoyable music it can really make the whole chain a bit less harrowing of a journey (hah! puns). 

Edited by Lannen

If it helps, spawn specters to follow you around (They are very helpful here). There was a thread like this yesterday too, but no, you cant skip it. I didnt want to do it either but I had to do it. I also dislike any operator related gameplay, but I have to do it anyway.

Edited by VadiseReikaz

I's so far my favorite quest but your situation is very understandable and should be respected. As you said it's a good thing that DE tried to put some new factors into the game but it is not supposed to stop player proceeding with the game if the play cannot like/stand it. 

There could be options for multiple plays to go through the quest together, but only the host get the quest achieved, so that still most of players will solo it (because it's worth soloing and the experience is awesome), but if someone has problem with the quest he can always turns to some one for help.

The spookiness wasn't really there for me.  Really, the entire thing was rather cheesy.  Check Spoilers for why:

Spoiler

The entire questline, outside of it's conclusion, can be summed up entirely as 'Creepy murder cult acquires a haunted fidget spinner to hold a seance for an autistic kiddo.'  

Protip: While the atmosphere is still creepy, if you have Limbo, Rhino, Inaros, or Nidus, you can't really be killed.  It's like Safe Mode from SOMA in that you might be startled by the ambience, but you can't get killed off.

One can't stand microbes so we should get rid of the Infestation in our ship, the other hates horror so we should be able to skip Harrow's quest... what next?

I, for one, hate grinding, can I have all weapons and Warframes now, pretty please... fully maxed, of course.

Edited by kebra

vor 4 Minuten schrieb kebra:

One can't stand microbes so we should get rid of the Infestation in our ship, the other hates horror so we should be able to skip Harrow's quest... what next?

I, for one, hate grinding, can I have all weapons and Warframes now, pretty please... fully maxed, of course.

There is a difference in not liking something wich the game promises from the start, and not liking something wich the game never told you its going to be later...

I dont start a Horror game and complain about it being scary, aswell as i dont complain about Warframe to be grindy since its something the game just is and always was

Edited by Lukas22041

I understand your concern but I think that if DE starts replying positively to these kind of demands there will be an unstoppable wave for more or less valid requests like yours and that could be a detriment to the game, being its development schedule or the story and the gameplay... that could at worst scare DE from ever trying anything new or a little original. I'm sure you can understand that. 

BTW, the guy talking about his problem with the Infection I referred to suffered from what looked like a severe case of mysophobia, it was not a vapid demand.

If I was you, I'd do what others advised you to do (music, light, etc...) or ask a clan mates.friend you reaaaaaally trust to do it for you. I'd to do the Archwing mission to board the Grineer Queens Hideout for a friend who hates Archwings because their floaty nature makes him want to puke. So trust me when I say I get your point, I just disagree with the option to solve it you're asking for. ^^

Pardon me for my tone in the previous post, as it irritated me, I felt compelled to answer in a sarcastic way. I still disagree deeply with the option to cancel a quest and still get the reward, for any reason not bug related. 👻 Boohoo!!! 

Good luck with the quest. Sorry again. 

Edited by kebra

Just think about it this way:  as a tenno in a Warframe, you are the danger.  What's some autistic ghost gonna do to you, you walked up to the palace of the grineer queens and straight-up deleted one of them because you could, and for you that was basically tuesday.  You're an invincible all-powerful space god.  Go nuts.

I get where you're coming from - I hate horror too. I find it fascinating, but at a distance. I don't play horror games, at all. I don't watch horror films, don't read horror books - the whole shebang.

However, that's why I love Chains of Harrow so much - it put me out of my comfort zone. For a big horror fan, I'm sure it's cheesy, but for me, someone who hates playing the genre because of how easily I'm spooked, it put my off kilter.

The fact that a game like Warframe, which pretty much is slap bang in my comfort zone could pull off horror, disempowerment, as well as it did made me really appreciate the quest. This wasn't your average questline - it's a completely different experience. Not one I particularly enjoy in and of itself, but the experience is still worth having.

I encourage you to give it a go, even if you don't like it, it's still worth doing.