Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher update loop

Nandiman

The recent update just came online, now every time I start the launcher it just keeps trying to download the same thing over and over, 384KB file. It says "Checking for updates" then "Downloading updates". It does about 112KB progress and than restarts itself and does the whole thing again endlessly.

Your problem sounds different then the one i usually get but I've had a few launcher issue over my time playing warframe and the solution has always been changing the language, either the 3rd or 4th bottom language used to work for me, but with the recent update (23.2.0) they don't work but Espanol does. Download the game in Espanol and when that's done (the red button on the bottom right lights up) switch to English and you're good to go. Hope that helps, Other solutions to launcher problems usually involved vpns and messing with launcher setting but they've never worked for me, might for you

1 hour ago, Atasuki said:

Your problem sounds different then the one i usually get but I've had a few launcher issue over my time playing warframe and the solution has always been changing the language, either the 3rd or 4th bottom language used to work for me, but with the recent update (23.2.0) they don't work but Espanol does. Download the game in Espanol and when that's done (the red button on the bottom right lights up) switch to English and you're good to go. Hope that helps, Other solutions to launcher problems usually involved vpns and messing with launcher setting but they've never worked for me, might for you

I went to jump on to play now and got hit with the 'download data was corrupted' tried a few other topics on the forums about switching the language and nothing happened with the first 3 languages I picked and then I stumbled across your tip by picking Espanol. Seems like it's verifying something and doing some sort of update so I'll edit this post with results below.

EDIT / UPDATE

The installer user interface was just using old poster art of excalibur and rhino when it was supposed to have a graphic from the sacrifice quest, but I could hear the music for the sacrifice ... swapped the language back to english and launched the game and now I'm in my Liset 😄 thanks

Edited by main_antagonist
updated results

4 hours ago, Atasuki said:

Yeah, different problem. In the end I managed to fix it, however I tried so many things, I don't actually know what was "the" fix. It just works now.

I'm... I'm so happy, but so mad at the same time. For the last month and a half or so (since the patch right after The Sacrifice) the Warframe Launcher would get stuck on "Verifying Download Cache" , load a little bit, and then crash shortly after. I had tried SO many things to fix these problems. Updated every driver i could, disabled firewalls, cleaned up registry, disabled startup services.. etc etc, all the troubleshooting software stuff i could think of. Eventually I had to download the game through the standalone launcher and it worked, but that meant i couldn't get access to any steam/Tennogen items. So with the recent round of Tennogen stuff that came out, today i thought i'd try it again. Same ol' same ol', Steam downloads the game, gets it updated, and then it crashes trying to verify the download cache. That's when I get on the forums to put in a support ticket and come across this thread, with @Atasuki's post about switching the language.. I think "Man, that would sure be a silly solution to my problem, but I guess I'll try it".... and it WORKED. Why. Why DE. 

You have my deepest gratitude, Atasuki. I thank you, your country thanks you, and above all my FashionFrame thanks you. 

1 hour ago, sunnyx_o said:

I'm... I'm so happy, but so mad at the same time. For the last month and a half or so (since the patch right after The Sacrifice) the Warframe Launcher would get stuck on "Verifying Download Cache" , load a little bit, and then crash shortly after. I had tried SO many things to fix these problems. Updated every driver i could, disabled firewalls, cleaned up registry, disabled startup services.. etc etc, all the troubleshooting software stuff i could think of. Eventually I had to download the game through the standalone launcher and it worked, but that meant i couldn't get access to any steam/Tennogen items. So with the recent round of Tennogen stuff that came out, today i thought i'd try it again. Same ol' same ol', Steam downloads the game, gets it updated, and then it crashes trying to verify the download cache. That's when I get on the forums to put in a support ticket and come across this thread, with @Atasuki's post about switching the language.. I think "Man, that would sure be a silly solution to my problem, but I guess I'll try it".... and it WORKED. Why. Why DE. 

You have my deepest gratitude, Atasuki. I thank you, your country thanks you, and above all my FashionFrame thanks you. 

No problem xD, Enjoy your FashionFrame

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

i know this is late for anyone before but i had this bug and i fixed it by bugging the luancher by making it make a log and in the middle of the log make it validate my files it mess up the log and instead just cleared game for launch

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. If changing languages or unchecking the download-options doesnt help try the following.

Go to .../steamapps/common/Warframe/Tools or check properties in steam -> Local Files -> Browse (and go into the "Tools" folder)

Start Launcher.exe

A window pops up asking you to choose the path where to install Warframe. (Please select installation folder:)

Select anywhere to fake a fresh install. Agree to the terms. Let it download for a couple seconds. Close the window (You can delete the "fresh install" now)

I chose .../common/Warframe as install direction. It didnt acknowledge my installation and tried to download the full game again.

It created the folder "Downloaded" (...common/Warframe/Downloaded). Thats the "fresh-install"-folder I deleted after downloading a little bit and canceling the full install/download.

Start Warframe normally (steam). In my case I could press play now. -> Warframe crashed.

Verify download cache. Told me it needed to download ~350MB.

Now it works again.

My assumption: The cache was broken.

Edited by Teatralis
additional information

• 2 years later...