Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

fix your netcode please.

Zeclem

im honestly tired of getting host all the time when my internet is slow as hell but whenever i have decent internet i always get laggy hosts. can you people actually fix this problem that existed since probably the start of this game?

I will say I sort of understand OP's point, but not for the reason he made this thread. I've got great internet and I set my ping limit very low, but sometimes I end up joining a host who is half the world away who got perfect ping long enough for me to join before it shot up to 300+ for the rest of the mission.

It is kind of frustrating when that happens.

18 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Guys pay attention to what OP says, he has crap internet and always end up as a host and when he somehow gets the net stabilized he ends up with a host playing from mars on a hamster powered toaster.

Thank you for reading properly instead of "hurr durr get better internet". Its frustrating as hell to make my squads game unplayable, and its also frustrating to have horrible hosts when playing at my dorms which have stupidly fast internet. 

20 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Guys pay attention to what OP says, he has crap internet and always end up as a host and when he somehow gets the net stabilized he ends up with a host playing from mars on a hamster powered toaster.

How many hamsters are we talking about here? And are they generating electric power, or is it a miniature version of the turnspit dogs that were used in kitchens a few hundred years ago? (Hamsters have a very similar body type if you read the description of the breed.) If it's electric, do we have a way of storing the potential, a battery or bank of capacitors? 

You can't just throw that out there and not give the details. 

Il y a 23 heures, Chewarette a dit :

If your connection is crappy, you will forever have a crappy ping.

Did you even bother reading what OP said? The problem isn't about his crappy connection, it's about the game selecting terrible hosts.

As for my two cents worth, I agree with OP. I am sick of having to host everysingle time my friends and I form a squad because I'm the one with a decent connection. I'm also sick of joining random squads with a host connection that makes me want to hit my head against a wall repeatedly.

17 hours ago, Voladrios said:

Did you even bother reading what OP said? The problem isn't about his crappy connection, it's about the game selecting terrible hosts.

As for my two cents worth, I agree with OP. I am sick of having to host everysingle time my friends and I form a squad because I'm the one with a decent connection. I'm also sick of joining random squads with a host connection that makes me want to hit my head against a wall repeatedly.

Agree with all this.

Would like to add the operator highlights this... when you get that potato host, and you need to use your operator s😈t goes south fast.

Then, the solution should be a fully build squad with recruitment chat, this usually happens in public which I also suffer from the same fate. However, forcing DE to change the script will also affect another gaming system. What I want to know if DE wants to move the player based host system into server host system which I think the better idea to fix all of this. I heard that they will take this into consideration. Until that, my suggestion is to do recruit squad atm.

1 hour ago, megamino said:

Then, the solution should be a fully build squad with recruitment chat, this usually happens in public which I also suffer from the same fate. However, forcing DE to change the script will also affect another gaming system. What I want to know if DE wants to move the player based host system into server host system which I think the better idea to fix all of this. I heard that they will take this into consideration. Until that, my suggestion is to do recruit squad atm.

Fixing their netcode is under developers responsibilities, and you cant possibly have a squad recruited from before at everything you do.