Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"need 3 for tri cap. must have maxed void strike and all passive unbound. and best amp. and godroll Lanka riven"

I'm sure you're making some sort of statement here, and I'm sure that it is meaningful to you, I'm just not sure why you decided to share with the class? Did you have a question or concern, or was this just to tell us recruiting chat is silly? I mean I agree it is, I'm just trying to be clear. 

3 minutes ago, Lannen said:

I'm sure you're making some sort of statement here, and I'm sure that it is meaningful to you, I'm just not sure why you decided to share with the class? Did you have a question or concern, or was this just to tell us recruiting chat is silly? I mean I agree it is, I'm just trying to be clear. 

The point he is making is that far to many people on Recruiting chat demand that all who join follow the Meta, without doing so themselves.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

The point he is making is that far to many people on Recruiting chat demand that all who join follow the Meta, without doing so themselves.

I guess I can see that, he just framed it more as a whine than a critique, and with so many pure ranting threads flying around I wanted to know what I was stepping into. 

The worst part about meta pushers is that they don't realize that the meta doesn't really matter. If you have a team that works together and makes a minor attempt to mod their builds for the situation, they could beat a meta squad that doesn't work together well. People put too much faith in the meta.

1 minute ago, FillyRarity said:

I actively avoid big group missions because I'm worried my builds won't be powerful enough to please the masses, it's sorta nice to know people aren't as rabid as I'd think.

Same, I never really got into raids in most MMOs due to this.

I have all those things... But  when you have all those things you don't really need 3 people so I just go in random bounties, if they help great if not I'm rdy.  Always hated recruiting,  making perfect groups to try and do four or five caps in a night just feels like work.

23 minutes ago, raz143 said:

The worst part about meta pushers is that they don't realize that the meta doesn't really matter. If you have a team that works together and makes a minor attempt to mod their builds for the situation, they could beat a meta squad that doesn't work together well. People put too much faith in the meta.

Wouldn't making minor attempts to mod their builds to fit the situation be in fact modding them towards the meta though?

1 minute ago, --Peter-- said:

In high-level teams this does not happen, they would quickly notice.

Well I think that's how we ended up with this discussion, OP joined an attempt at making a high level team, did the usual inspection to see what everyone was using, saw the original recruiter was as he described, left the team in a huff, and came here to post.

1 minute ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

Well I think that's how we ended up with this discussion, OP joined an attempt at making a high level team, did the usual inspection to see what everyone was using, saw the original recruiter was as he described, left the team in a huff, and came here to post.

Most likely.

Seizing the opportunity, can you tell me how many Hydrolysts you can hunt per night on PS4?

1 hour ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

"Now please excuse me while I use my 0 forma Lanka and mote amp".

Gg  recruiting chat.

Are you arguing that Recruit chat is recruiting specific players? That is what the channelnis for.

You can always do automatic pug hunts from Cetus bounties.

1 hour ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

I like you just assume I left the team in a huff and came straight here to post about it.

48 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

Are you arguing that Recruit chat is recruiting specific players? That is what the channelnis for.

Poke at people who post ads in recruiting chat looking for top tier loadouts when the reality is, they're expecting to be carried. But they don't want to be upfront about it.

2 hours ago, Lannen said:

I'm sorry that you missed the point of the post. I'll try my best to explain it to you. See, there are players who will put ads in recruiting chat looking for top tier players, "must have this must be that etc", which would be fine but the reality is, they're woefully unprepared and hoping to be carried but they don't want to tell you that upfront.

TLDR, it's slightly bothersome to think you're joining a group that's going to get things done efficiently only to find out that is not the case.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I have all those things... But  when you have all those things you don't really need 3 people so I just go in random bounties, if they help great if not I'm rdy.  Always hated recruiting,  making perfect groups to try and do four or five caps in a night just feels like work.

Thank God for players like you lol  

I've only capped maybe 10-12 hydros and a bunch of Teralysts, most of which are due to an OP rhino or chroma that could basically solo it.  I don't have the DPS to one shot a limb, but I can at least do some damage and support with Trin, Harrow, Volt, or whoever.

I appreciate the carries and always make sure to let the player know it, but to recruit a team just so they can carry me...what a tool.

4 hours ago, Mover-NeRo said:

no the person is stating they want the best of the best when the party leader is a person that just wants to be carried. when we had the void this was a thing all the time we would see.