The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Shaming?

(PSN)Faithmender

This is mostly a question of where the community stands on this topic. So, I am very new to this game, started about a month ago but I really haven't been able to put it down. 400 points away from MR8 and The progression has really been snowballing for me, for example, today I built 4 new frames and in a few days I'll have tons of new toys to play with. Rhino was the first prime I built from scratch so I thought it was so fitting that the prime vault opened, and so for the past week, I have been grinding my ass off. And with a lucky break and some plat to rush the build I got myself Rhino prime. 

The second I bring him into missions I started getting messages about being a scrub, a noob, a pleb. A terrible player who bought Rhino Prime. 

Now I didn't buy him, but all I could think was, is this attitude a large part of the community? Because I'm from the huge school of WHO CARES? But I'm sure this was just trolls, but the sheer amount of responses I got was kind of alarming especially since the community had been so great and welcoming up until that point. So since I've been playing in a bit of a bubble for a while, is shaming like this common? 

Oh poor ol' me, i've been a pleb/noob/scrub for 5 years and i didn't know about that. T_T 

Seriously though, i find no reason to not play as rhino / rhino prime and how people on ps4 find it a part of "pleb" build. The items such as rhino prime/boltor prime are old, but they are freaking viable and amazing, i still enjoy playing as rhino prime and sometimes for the lols use boltor prime cus its always fun watching how grineers get pinned to the walls. 

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Faithmender said:

This is mostly a question of where the community stands on this topic. So, I am very new to this game, started about a month ago but I really haven't been able to put it down. 400 points away from MR8 and The progression has really been snowballing for me, for example, today I built 4 new frames and in a few days I'll have tons of new toys to play with. Rhino was the first prime I built from scratch so I thought it was so fitting that the prime vault opened, and so for the past week, I have been grinding my ass off. And with a lucky break and some plat to rush the build I got myself Rhino prime. 

The second I bring him into missions I started getting messages about being a scrub, a noob, a pleb. A terrible player who bought Rhino Prime. 

Now I didn't buy him, but all I could think was, is this attitude a large part of the community? Because I'm from the huge school of WHO CARES? But I'm sure this was just trolls, but the sheer amount of responses I got was kind of alarming especially since the community had been so great and welcoming up until that point. So since I've been playing in a bit of a bubble for a while, is shaming like this common? 

I dont get it. What is the logic behind mean comments about Rhino Prime? This is really good frame, for new players and for experienced ones. It is easy to play and you provide good CC and dmg buff for your teammates. Even on Eidolon hunts its useful.

There are far faaaar more "useless" frames or even unfriendly to some degree like Limbo already mentioned.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Faithmender said:

Now, don't fret over a couple of "statistics" because that's what I call them, those that are a part of a minor or sometimes mid part of a statistic, that tend to troll/shame/<<insert name here>> others because they probably can't find any real sense of achievement within the game, you will certainly meet others that are a lot more friendly and cooperative, helpful and selfless even, so... as I said don't dwell too much on it.
I hope you have the best time of your life enjoying the game.

11 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Serious fix to your problem.
Sell PS4
Buy PC
Download Steam
Install Warframe

I like your response to the matter :thumbup:, although the thing is that this behaviour sadly exists in the PC version as well ...

How to Rhino prime when someone trash talks:
1: Press two (Or whatever it is on a controller for armor:clem:)
2: Pick up everyone that falls with immunity
3: Repeat 1 and 2 until match end
4: Laugh to yourself knowing you had to play baby sitter and take care of everyone as a "noob scrublord"

But seriously. I've not seen this kind of vitriol on PC in nearly 4 years and tbh, I'd report the hell out of it if I were you.  That is not the kind of toxic community activity warframe likes to foster.

Edited by RetroNomad

12 minutes ago, Fotetsu said:

I like your response to the matter :thumbup:, although the thing is that this behaviour sadly exists in the PC version as well ...

But a lot less prominent, it's 2018, people are little turds on the internet, hell I'll be honest I even use some choice words with some people when they are unimaginably stupid. Examples being:
- Playing Limbo (Lets be honest, not many people play limbo in a way that is actually helpful to the team) #DeleteLimbo.
- Going into missions with steel charge but not actually having a melee weapon on them. Like if you're going into a mission with the intent to leech, be somewhat useful please.

I've never seen a situation where someone was an outright nob, only those that were begging for it. I'll be honest and find it overwhelmingly concerning that there is a "boost me please, thank you" mentality commonly going around, I've filed countless tickets to DE about people intentionally AFKing in places like EOS (Most common frames are Cloaky Loki / Limbo) that do 0 damage and 0 kills. So yeah you'll get some people being rude to others but not often for no reason at all.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian
Words are hard

3 minutes ago, RetroNomad said:

1: Press two
4: Laugh to yourself knowing you had to play baby sitter and take care of everyone as a "noob scrublord"

But seriously. I've not seen this kind of vitriol on PC in nearly 4 years and tbh, I'd report the hell out of it if I were you.  That is not the kind of toxic community activity warframe likes to foster.

I like this we should create duos of Rhinos (Dressed in White with a bit of red), kinda like a Med team, picking everyone up, how should we call it though?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Faithmender said:

I'm mr24 and rhino is my most used frame recently (in my profile it is frost,but after his nerfs I never played him and now too many frames have better shields  for defense)
I never met someone telling me I m noob or that I bought rhino for plat. Ignore button is really good thing,maybe try that one :^)
Rhino is such great fashion-frame that I regret getting proto skin for excal and others.

1 minute ago, MidoriFuse said:

I'm mr24 and rhino is my most used frame recently (in my profile it is frost,but after his nerfs I never played him and now too many frames have better shields  for defense)
I never met someone telling me I m noob or that I bought rhino for plat. Ignore button is really good thing,maybe try that one :^)
Rhino is such great fashion-frame that I regret getting proto skin for excal and others.

Bro ... dude ... Rhino is the king of the High Risk Index. He isn't just a fashion statement.

I always try to ignore these toxic players. There is plenty of nice players in Warframe, as Warframe has compared to other games, an overall decent community. However some players ruin the fun, because they want to micromanage the crap out of the game, and force other casual players into it.Ruining the fun of these players. When I come accros a player that behaves toxic and salty to other players or me, I always troll them during the mission. Especially during survival 😉 The best advice I could give to you, Is to report them if they behave really toxic and to troll them during the mission which can be a lot of fun when they start raging. Just remember, you having fun is more important then other players micromanaging your enjoyment away from the game

Also worth mentioning: Rhino is one of the few ( as in like maybe 3 frames) that can solo up to John Prodman in the Index. (Hour run up to like level 450+ mobs if you're not familiar)
He may be "easy" to play, but that doesn't mean he's a scrub by any means. He's just kitted perfectly for his role as a massive meat shield.///

giphy.gif

Edited by RetroNomad

47 minutes ago, RetroNomad said:

1: Press two (Or whatever it is on a controller for armor:clem:)

^ Basically what I do.

Seriously though OP, don't take it to heart. It's probably the common idea that anyone playing Rhino is looking for Easy Mode (i.e press 2 and ignore everything). It used to be really bad in earlier versions before Valkyr came along and tore the book up on armour. Anyways, play what you want OP and have fun 😄

Bah. Judging a player by their gear without seeing them in action? Why do you even listen to that?

Some frames are more beginner friendly. Some frames have a “reputation”. Some frames are easer to use in certain missions and will lag in others. But in my experience all frames are more complicated then they seem and can shine in the right hands. It is all in the hands of someone who occupies the space between keyboard and chair.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Faithmender said:

Ignore them in chat. Ignore them when they are downed.