Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viable Sentinels to put Artax in?

Xanoth

Question

Helios Prime doesn't seem to understand what to do with it, and just pretends it's a glaive and uses it very infrequently and only at short range.

Carrier Prime is a little better, but still really short range.

For all the "it's great for proccing status" posts  (to make use of condition overload or growing power), I just can't find any actual suggestions on what sentinels will use it properly.

Note:  I played the game in beta, didn't play it for a while and felt it would be too hard to get back into, fast forward 5 years and I picked the game back up again in April 2018 thanks to a few friends. It's been an intense few months trying to learn everything and decipher old outdated info for what's currently relevant.  Also, other than both version of Carrier and Helios, no other Sentinel has a potato (a term that it took a while to click with me), so I'd rather not have to waste plat if the choice isn't final.

The only sentinel I don't have at the moment is Djinn, as it feels like a waste of forma to craft until I've got spares.

Anyway, any advice appreciated.

Edited by Xanoth

7 answers to this question

Anything in particular that makes Djinn better than Diriga? 

I might go with Wyrm Prime, I'd feel happier putting a potato on it (in it sounds... wrong). While it's only a 30m range, with a zoom mod that goes to 42m which is probably plenty in most situations.

17 minutes ago, Xanoth said:

Anything in particular that makes Djinn better than Diriga? 

Simaris has an augment for Djinn that gives it infinite revives. Might make it better for long missions.

Edit: oh and fatal attraction can mesmerize groups to stop shooting.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

Mind you, Djinn and Diriga, with their offensive Precepts ranked up to beyond 30m,
will still try to attack but not actually be able to hit enemies beyond that, as 30m is Artax' max range
(barring Ruinous Extension, which would get it up to 38m).

TBH, I much prefer Sweeper Prime and Prisma Burst Laser as my Status pwnage Sentinel weapons,
they can make full use of long-range offensive Precepts (woo 70m on Diriga, which BTW also targets Cameras / Arc Traps / etc)
while at the same time being useful as actual support fire, able to deliver a ~decent amount of damage (especially once Riven'd up).

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Mind you, Djinn and Diriga, with their offensive Precepts ranked up to beyond 30m,
will still try to attack but not actually be able to hit enemies beyond that, as 30m is Artax' max range
(barring Ruinous Extension, which would get it up to 38m).

TBH, I much prefer Sweeper Prime and Prisma Burst Laser as my Status pwnage Sentinel weapons,
they can make full use of long-range offensive Precepts (woo 70m on Diriga, which BTW also targets Cameras / Arc Traps / etc)
while at the same time being useful as actual support fire, able to deliver a ~decent amount of damage (especially once Riven'd up).

I'll probably go with Wyrm Prime for the Artax. It's only going to be used for my Excalibur Umbra loadout.

I'll have a play around with Djinn once crafted and see if I can improve Diriga's survivability, because early tests even in invasion missions left me without a sentinel more often than not when using Diriga.

It would certainly be nice to not just default to Helios Prime for 90% of my loadouts, and Carrier for those weapons with ammo econ issues.  Even if just to have a lazy setup where my sentinel will be able to kill most enemies and I can just wander around and watch TV or look for medallions.

Thank you all for the input :)