Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbral Slasher Inaros: final build

BoomyGordo

This build has been one of my more used builds but sadly it looks like melee 3.0 may nuke it. So i figured its time i share it with everyone.

The pros

• Extremely hard to kill
  • Status Immunity
  • Extreme regen through hunter mod set
  • No energy needed ever
  • Able to shred through level 130 heavies with ease
  • Scales through all levels of content extremely well

The cons

• Requires some windup time to get to an effective state
  • Requires the naramon tree "power spike" node for effectivness
  • Without naramon, windup can reset if a lull in combat occurs
  • Forma heavy build

On to the mod build!

Inaros:

Spoiler

Umbra intensify is just there for set effect. Arcanes are purely optional but do help alot

ByGvrSh.png

Primary:

Spoiler

A stat stick for the hunter synergy mod. I chose synapse because of its very high base crit chance and 5/5 riven disposition. Crit chance is the only stat you need to build and only stat important to have on a riven. ignore the forma on this one, you dont need serration, splitchamber, or vital sense unless you plan on using it more than melee since melee will be your primary damage dealing weapon

544wJSi.png

Secondary is optional

Melee:

Spoiler

The bread and butter of this build. High status chance, high base slash damage, High crit chance. Slash proc spam on demand, quickly builds to orange slash proc crits and Adarza kavat boosts them to red crits with cats eye.

Riven is optional, if you choose to use a riven, replace gladiator might with it and prioritize stats in this order: status chance->crit chance-> crit damage->damage

iGgvjuU.png

Kavat:

Spoiler

The main source of your healing especially without arcanes. With a high crit primary, your kavat does very high damage on each hit and its boosted by hunter mod set. This damage heals you for every hit the kavat does and every melee hit you do heals the kavat. Infinite cycle of keeping each other alive

7sxCX7r.png

A note about the following video: hunter recovery for what ever reason seems to be much less effective in the simulacrum than in actual game play. There have been times in T3 sorties that ive been healed from half health to full health with a single kavat attack.

Also something to note about the video, i didnt have naramon way selected as my focus school. so the build was only running at half effectiveness

The following showcase video is unedited against level 130 enemies. Later tonight i will record and upload footage in game gamplay.

Video:

Spoiler

Let me know what you all think of it. Keep in mind this will probably get nuked with melee 3.0 since the windup of the build relies on bloodrush, weeping wounds, and partially on gladiator. 

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--
added a few things i forgot

At the very least put it in Players Helping Players?

Umbra builds on non primed frames kind of kill me inside. 

You might be cutting (ha) yourself short with your build, but I'll leave it to an Inaros main to have words with you lol

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

And why is that?

You pretty much have to redo it again when the prime version comes out, and they're pretty intensive forma wise, but Inaros isn't too old to make it be wasteful necessarily.

Granted I have ~400 forma so I could do what I want, but it still kind of irks me to think about.

1 minute ago, Synpai said:

You pretty much have to redo it again when the prime version comes out, and they're pretty intensive forma wise, but Inaros isn't too old to make it be wasteful necessarily.

Granted I have ~400 forma so I could do what I want, but it still kind of irks me to think about.

Hmm, not a problem for me. my main is Nidus, I did put the Umbral mods on him, & when the Prime comes out, I'll just have to do it once, after that it's finished, I won't do it on any other frame

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Hmm, not a problem for me. my main is Nidus, I did put the Umbral mods on him, & when the Prime comes out, I'll just have to do it once, after that it's finished, I won't do it on any other frame

I did it on Valk and that's all so far, granted she's one of my "Mains" and Chroma P is right around the corner so it's really not worth.

5 hours ago, Synpai said:

At the very least put it in Players Helping Players?

Umbra builds on non primed frames kind of kill me inside. 

You might be cutting (ha) yourself short with your build, but I'll leave it to an Inaros main to have words with you lol

I'm not looking for help, and you had nothing useful to say tbh. Primes usually have extra energy and more polarities. So unless inaros prime has extra hp I won't care. This build only uses hist abilities as a last resort panic button.

How about commenting about the build instead of just the fact it's not on a prime

3 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

I'm not looking for help, and you had nothing useful to say tbh. Primes usually have extra energy and more polarities. So unless inaros prime has extra hp I won't care. This build only uses hist abilities as a last resort panic button.

How about commenting about the build instead of just the fact it's not on a prime

I presumed your build was intended to help others or get feedback on it. There wasn't really a discussion point to be had, so I just expressed my opinion.

There's no telling what Inaros prime will have, but primes also have extra sprint speed, armor or shields (since he has none that could instead be health) (typically a combination of two).

You're not looking for help...but you want me to comment on the build?

If you want to know about "optimal" meta nonsense:

In the case of Inaros you'd be better off using Arcane Guardian.

Equally I think you get more bang for your buck out of Primed Vigor than resolve and aegis, not to mention I don't believe negation swarm to be that good either.

This build is far from revolutionary, no offense. You'd kill harder and faster by adding viral and condition overload to your Krokers.

That's the thing about build feedback that I didn't want to get into, everyone has a different play style and different goals. Some people legitimately want to do a full hunter build and let their pet kill things and there's nothing wrong with that.