Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

Melee animations look buttery smooth, and being able to cancel is great, looking forward to trying every weapon again with proper mods.

My only concern still is dumping your entire combo counter for 1 heavy attack, so I'll be waiting for that dev workshop.  Also, with such big melee changes will we be able to take apart zaws in the future?

I am wondering how melee 3.0 will affect exalted blade builds... more specifically mine. because I don't want all my hard work going to waste. and I can't speak for other excal users, but I can for myself when I say I have spent an entire year trying to get the needed mods for it, and also the needed forma to be able to use them in the first place. so if we could get an answer to that, that would be a godsend

edit: by the way, the update does look promising, so much so that I can't wait for it. I still wish I could find out how its gonna affect my build so I can prepare...

Melee 3.0 is really damn exciting for me. As someone who has been doing primarily melee for five years now it finally feels like its in a direction that makes coherent sense and is fun to do. Really looking forward to getting my hands on this (so we can all pick apart the balance together, like a family.) Thanks DE. 

Short comments:

I like the way melee is progressing. I will continue to lobby for some elite enemies added, ones that can actually engage the new mechanics and require some tactics to deal with, like maniacs or the faction assasins.

With Revenant, I am not a fan of his 4 animation. The light show coming out of the fingers while pirouette, eh. With other sentients, the disco light show pops from over their heads, a corona of death. A suggestion, make the beams radiate from just above his overhead hand instead.

Ugh keep leaving all my feedback on youtube since thats where I watch them.  New mechanics look cool.  Would havebeen nice to see the bullet jumping attacks.   You followed that up by talking about rolling and I thought you were going to say we get rolling attacks lmao.   But instead you guys said you will roll shorter distances with melee whipped out....dont know if thats good or bad.. when im rolling its usually to escape acid/toxin or something...   

I should have been some back and forth between the animation guys and the players on stance specific animations.    Venka+malicious Raptor.   Its awesome that her cool tap tap pause tap combo is now her normal moving button masher.   BUT that "closing attack" of rapid uppercut/gut punchs where you BARELY moved was a fail on 2 points. 1 thats more of a sparring/boxing move not for claws at all.  2 it did NOT close distance lmao.   ??????????????   So that makes me convered about all the other stance specific close distance attacks.

Also I dont get why you dont just make spin attacks the close distance attack.   Thats how I close distance because you also get the damage boost and I do not use maiming strike but I spin ALOT.   In my wildest dreams a close distance attack would let us blur/flash to what we are aiming at and do an attack like what you see Umbra do in the Sacrifice custscenes and what I have seen Ash do in some of the other cutscenes where he chain stealth kills people.  That would feel amazing!!

Cant wait for Super Saiyan mode.   Look by the nature of mods you make channeling and crits two seperate competitive methods of fighting.   So will channeling be ale to compete with the new crit mods???  In your heads we are not suppose to use them both during fights right??  Unless SS Mode gets its own area to mod seperate from a weapon I dont see how that will work.  But I LOVE the sound of SS mode.   I envision our Operator going SS and just producing massive amounts of void energy and it getting pumped through transference and just radiates off your warframe.   (This would be a really good place to let us warp to targets for melee attacks)

Speaking of closing the distance(CD) attacks..  I may not ever even use the new CD attacks.  The strong ground slam looks like a  waaaaaay cooler way of closing the distance lol.  

I have two huge questions for Melee 3.0 though...........

1. The talk about range was pretty unclear lol.   My only concern with range and melee is about high/low targets.  Can you please make sure that are attack area is a sphere around our body???  So we can easily melee flying enemies and easily bust open breakables whether we are using daggers or two handers...  Thats my only issue with melee range, is not being able to hit that stuff correctly.  Im a god damn space ninja and I cant adjust my arm swing for slight elevation changes???
  2. Exodia contagion!!!   Can you please for the love of god remove the self damage from this arcane so I can actually use it ?!?!  I will 90% most likely be switching to Exodia Hunt(ground slams) anyways but this might encourage me to make more Zaws???

Anyways most of the animations/mechanics sound super awesome,  you tried to be very reassuring about the specific mods not losing their important which I appreciate and take at face value(but will still want to see in dev workshop heh).   So right now im feeling pretty excited for Melee 3.0.  

2018 is ending with a hell of a bang man.  I am extremely excited for the forseeable future of warframe.

I wish you guys would not cancel out the awesome with really dumb decisions like Void/Unvault, if the unvaulted relics would be the only thing in the void right now it would be awesome and enjoyable.  As it is now Im not playing it which means im screwed out of primes I wanted.   There has been some very vague talk from Steve about PoE and about various things but the pigment hunting in PoE is another area of the game where those mechanics murder all the hype and excitement I have about the future of Warframe lol.  Because more decisions and lack of follow through like that will be coming along with all the cool stuff.  LIKE the UI changes that are only at like 50% done state.  

I liked the new effects showing the range of weapons, and the new melee 3.0, but I was thinking in terms of combos, maybe hook up different attacks animations that happen when you normal attack after block attacking, or heavy attacking, just to create a sense of tied down combos, without tied down combos? Also I was thinking that for heavy attacks to be useful over normal attacks, there might need to be like extra range, a flurry of status procs, or something unique (like a single wave attack).

Last thing about melee... I hope the general combo for that limit break is different, and maybeeee it consumes the combo points? like 2 per strike or something? I assumed channeling would consume energy in 3.0, but that literally makes it an exalted weapon with combo benefits... so probs not.

And finally, a suggestion for nyx, maybe try the limbo bullet freeze thing again? Like a channeling ability that pauses ONLY YOUR bullets and the enemies bullets and throws all into one bullet onto an enemy. fits the telekinesis thing, kinda

Nice devstream by the way!

Hi .DE, I'm a main player Nyx wanted to give you an idea. about a new skill for her. Ever thought of putting the Psychic Darts as a weapon skill like Excalibur's, Valkyr? So you can build it like a kunai. increasing its base damage. would be good. since the theme of the game is Ninja.

:Luna:

Estoy de regreso ... si puedes interpretar como uno.
bueno como el combate cuerpo a cuerpo es lo que más uso contra la infestación, la verdad es que el cambio me hace sentir bien.  

Oh, I also want to try the Frame Fighter. It will be perfect to raise my point in the conclave .... hehehehe !!

About the new Warframe, Vlad does not call me so much, I'm waiting for information about Garuda and Nyx as it is not on my list or idea, but mechanics take advantage of their attributes will be appreciated by those who use it.

Creo que vengo al juego en un buen momento.

En 3/8/2018 a las 15:50, Corial dijo:

Ban-kai !!

Ekusukaribā Anbura : acosador:

¡¡Gracias!!

Nos leemos.

Archived