Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #114 Overview!

[DE]Taylor

On 2018-08-05 at 5:07 AM, Gnohme said:

Wait - on wallhopping becoming wallrunning again? Does this mean wallhopping is leaving entirely? Or is this an optional replacement? I'd prefer an option, I actually really like the wallhopping, it feels smooth. And it makes sense when going over curved surfaces, the animation sort of indicates your guy is using his hand to keep sticking to the surface. I don't see it looking right if the character is running. What I like about wallhopping is the freedom of control it allows you to move away from the surface at any time, and how it also doubles as a wall jump. I feel like if you bring back axis-locked parkour things are going to feel much less free - I don't want to be locked into a running animation I want to smoothly push off of surfaces and slink along walls as I leap around.

Just watched the dev stream - you guys really consider the wallhop a downgrade? Like visually? Because mechanically it seems way better.

Also I do share concerns with other people about combos being restricted to movements, I was hoping combos would be more strung together and interconnected by use of the second attack button.

It's moments like these that I wish to keep in tact: 

15zqr7r.jpg

i1jj2b.jpg

2n9aooh.jpg

What happens if you don't have this ability? I just can't make successive jumps anymore? Will shorter surfaces just be completely useless now? I need more information!!! I don't want to wallrun, I want to jump off and along walls. Wallhop was basically that.

I think they just mean they’re fixing it to LOOK like running. Don’t quote me on that though.

On 2018-08-03 at 5:20 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Revenant 
We’ve shown the Revenant Warframe in quite a few Devstreams now, but here’s an update on his abilities following more playtesting and community feedback:

Third Ability: Moves much more quickly, and can be cancelled – feels much more like an escape move! Health and shields are stolen from enemies you pass through, with a bonus from your enthralled foes.

Fourth Ability: Killing enthralled enemies with this abilities will cause them to drop pickups that give overshields. Can be combined with his third ability for the ultimate spin to win.

Seeing Revenant in Devstream 114 has sold me on him all over again. He looks amazing. I love his appearance and abilities and he's coming together rather nicely. I'm really enjoying the finished animations and effects.

I'm really looking forward to using Rev's 3 now. At first I was worried that it would be a momentum killer sense he seemed to pause a bit and move along slowly with the original animation. However now the animation is fast and aggressive and you can cancel it. As a current Zephyr main I can appreciate this.

As for Rev's 4 I'm stoked. At first I was worried it's would be another momentum killer and as a guy big on momentum this really hurt my soul. But clearly my concerns were unwarranted. You crazy madmen (and women) just told me to hold your beer didn't you!? You're saying we're going to be able to use his 4 and 3 simultaneously!? With the badassery that is now his 3? Yo, like, just tell me were I can sign up!

Ay, and don't even get me started on that new spin animation. The effects on Rev 4 when he's getting amped up by channeling Eidolon energy looks freaking INTENSE.

So enclosing i'm very excited for Revenant! 

and his Nodachi, and shotgun. Nope I didn't forget about them. I'm looking forward to it all
P.S. Sentient's Life🤘

I am not very encouraged by these Vauban and Nyx proposals as they now stand even in taking in to account that this might just be the very early stages.   I just get a vibe that DE wants to do a band aid fix here and there. Hoping that will appease us so they can move on to making new frames that leave these two even more further behind.   

I hope I am wrong. I would like to have a good reason to buy the new skins coming to both of these frames but I can't justify doing so for frames that aren't as fun to use as my other ones are.

Just came back to this game after since the beginning. Being one of the original founders, I am surprised at how everything has changed and really looking forward to what you all got in store. Took a look at the Melee 3.0 and I am already excited about it.

I don't know if it's been suggested before (Man, these threads get long), but how about a sort of Dynasty Warriors esque power attack combo system?

Depending on when you perform the heavy attack during your combo chain, you perform a different power attack.

e.g.

heavy attack = cool finishing attack anim 1

Normal ->heavy = cool finishing attack anim 2

normal ->normal->heavy = cool finishing attack anim 3, etc.

Archived