Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Anger Helmet Alt Art Feedback Welcom!

Aotenshin

Hello, im starting a Rhino Helmet Alt Art. It's the first time i do a tennogen but i hope i will be able to capture the Warframe style! Started a bit too fast and didnt saw "*No custom geometry or other changes to the base model will be accepted." in the warfame guide 😞 And by the time a saw it, i already had a body sketch , but i might use this base to bake on the lowpoly they provide for a texture skin. But first i want to get my hands on the helmet and finish it. Here is a small WIP , not sure if i will keep this one, but you guys could tell me if you like it or if you would like to see some changes, after all the design is to please me but also the warframe comunity 😄 So the idea was to have a big horne because i looked trought the tennogen for Rhino and felt like i was missing one, only the scarab one got one, he look great, but to me the hole in the horn and the head shapes wasn't exaclty what i whanted.

I7HLWHI.jpg

Edited by Aotenshin

It looks really nice, forms flow together really well and helmet is overall very meaty and... round, very beetle like, I can only approve. If I had to criticize something, I would say that I'm not sure that sharp indent on his eye-carapaces works too well. Other than that, not sure what I don't like about it, I'll be very interested in seeing it textured.

Edited by Vulbjorn

Thanks all for your feedbacks 😉

Vulbjorn: indeed the line on the eye shapes, to be honest i wasn't sure either, i have a second version without it, i will try to see what i can do and maybe post a comparaison 😄

Piercing_Rounds: I would like too but i saw a Rhino helmet in the workshop that did it already and didn't got selected while the quality is there (don't remeber the name something japanese like, look realy good) But let's be honest the warframe is called Rhino and a rhino as only one horn (yeah two with the small one at the back indeed) so maybe a tiny horn on the back. I can try but if its about symetrycal horn i will keep it that way and try a 2 horned for Oberon or Necro or something else 😉

Edited by Aotenshin

On 2018-08-05 at 6:02 PM, Aotenshin said:

Hello, so i tryed to apply your feedbacks guys, will do a extra iteration with a more extreme change on the horn , in the mean time here is some small changes, i think i will go for "B" .

in8nnSe.jpg

C for face part and D for back of the head part combine all 2 in 1 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tenno, thank you for the help, it was really usefull, the HP is finish i started the retopo/UV/texture , not sure he will end enywhere , the style is a bit funnky ^^ but i really enjoyed the sculpting, if he doesn't make it to the game i will try again for sure. Will try to show a first texture pass soon during this incoming week. Don't be afraid to give suggestions.

Hi3KnrQ.jpg

I finished the retopo faster than i expected, i still have to make some small changes and better uv. The helmet is around 2300 tris. I did i quick test bake and textures, will make better color mask when uv are final, it was mostly to test colors (now its just quick hand painted, but not clean). Not sure yet about the "heated horn" but could be cool, the tube could have some heat as well. Hope you guys like it.

2na44Lf.jpg

YoLdzzG.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would buy this on release no doubt. Rhino is my favorite with Nidus a close second, and this would have me logging back in just to charge around all day long. Amazing job, definitely hope this gets selected once you enter it. Here's hoping you got it in the last round and it's up for possible selection already!

On 2018-08-19 at 8:34 AM, Aotenshin said:

I finished the retopo faster than i expected, i still have to make some small changes and better uv. The helmet is around 2300 tris. I did i quick test bake and textures, will make better color mask when uv are final, it was mostly to test colors (now its just quick hand painted, but not clean). Not sure yet about the "heated horn" but could be cool, the tube could have some heat as well. Hope you guys like it.

2na44Lf.jpg

YoLdzzG.jpg

3rd one might get banding issues on the texture once it's compressed but that faded emissive looks so cool! 😄

• 1 month later...

Lovely!! But I think it looks a little front-heavy. Maybe if you added a pair or two of smaller horns/bumps at the back of the head to balance the design out a bit? Nothing big, maybe shorter than the middle band? A few short and stubby horns, like on a Pachycephalosaurus maybe !

Edited by DjAirsurfer

On 2018-10-03 at 10:42 AM, led2012WF said:

3rd one might get banding issues on the texture once it's compressed but that faded emissive looks so cool! 😄

Notice how the glowing “nodes” on the body nicely and subtlely frame his armor plating?  They are slightly larger and more prominent than what you have in the head design.

It’s a tremendous design, and I would “punch up” the glowing nodes on the head to do the same (frame the shape), slightly larger and more prominent.  Trust me, it will only enhance the horn’s glow effects.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73