Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black Screen blocks in Plains of Eidolon after Hotfix 23.2.1

Akuzr

Having the same issue. Just came to the forums to report it and I'm glad a bunch others have already made a thread about it. I thought it was because I was running Umbra and using his exalted blade since that's when I first saw it happening. But running my Ember Prime last night, it happened again, with and without my abilities going. Really hope DE patches this soon, this is so bad trying to do bounties with.D56FB4EA31027C4D3C8BCF87B991756DB6930BC3

I'm really surprised this isn't hotfixed yet. unlike a lot of bugs, this one almost makes plains missions unplayable, especially if you use a weapon that dismembers frequently like Kohm.

The above poster is correct, it is tied to the dismemberment of enemies. It is the worst in the plains, but it actually appears throughout the game. Dismember corpus and grineer bodies display this bug elsewhere but on a much smaller scale. The black boxes only barely cover the gore areas. Easiest to see by going into a low level mission with someone like frost and just using 4.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that bugs are sometimes hard to squash, and that this one might be more complex than some. However I wish they would give us an update saying it's being looked at.

Edited by Frostyinferno
Clarification

Just had my first experience outside the plains and this is with bloom turned off. 

Corpus tileset (venus iirc), nothing else has changed since the previous post.  It wasn't on every enemy so it does seem to support the possibility it's to do with dismemberment of body parts. 

It's almost like it's trying to render a texture that isn't there because (in my experience) at distance it's a bigger square but the closer you go in the smaller the square is and that to me would correlate with the game loading more detailed textures the closer you get to the item. 

This is stupid this game is buggy as hell on a technical level I'm getting fps drops in plains and black boxes which has never happened before. There is always something wrong with this game. The more they fix the more broken it becomes 

Yeah that was bugging me too, I disabled the bloom under display in settings and then I haven't seen it yet, so thanks 🙂 still, we shouldn't have to disable the bloom in order for that to be not a thing, maybe they'll fix it eventually..when they're done adding other things.

It is also not happening in plains only too (for me). Happened in Pluto spy mission (but only once so far).

original.jpg

It is hard to see, but on the right side of the doors. It got bigger when I went closer to it and disappeared after getting really close. 

I have the same issue, though i found out that the black "thing" only apears on PoE, when you dismember an enemy or when you look at a dismember corpse. I tested a bit with excal, using exalted blade and I was able to get a lot of black stuff...

Well, despite my earlier post in the thread, apparently I'm a liar. Other threads were occasionally showing the issue in other non plains missions, where I've still not seen it. I'd not played much plains in the past few weeks while trying to get all the unvaulted things. After finally getting a Rhino P BP last night, I headed out into the plains again and I was occasionally getting the black boxes too. Not very much though, only a few frames at a time while moving around near dead enemies. I had trouble stopping where I'd constantly see them, I just had them flicker briefly while moving.

W7 64 Pro
Nvidia GTX 970 4 gig with driver 398.36
I have all graphics options on and high except motion blur, anti-alaising is on medium, and IIRC the particle amount is set to medium. DX 10 and 11 on in the launcher.

Edited by Hobie-wan
typo