The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People still hate Limbo a lot...

Kronxito

Limbo now is really team friendly and he is very nice.  I have been playing him since stasis was fixed and I am very happy with him.  And it is easy to play with him and with the rift.

But I also find many times people who tells you to stop using your stuff because they dont like the rift or whatever. This attitude from the people is really mood burning and sometimes you reach a point where you can't hold it anymore.

Today in kuva mission, while I was keeping everybody in the kuva room in stasis within my cataclysm, a guy told me to turn it off.  Why do you request that if I am protecting all of you and you can easily kill them all? His answer was "because this is not a defense mission". 

Ufffff.... I couldnt avoid getting triggered, I got triggered so much that I kept him in the rift for the rest of the mission (survival 5 minutes).

I mean man don't tell anybody how to play in a public squad, you are not a boss but another player there.  If you dont like a warframe who is in your squad just deal with it, learn from him/her or leave the squad.

I should have left the squad. Im stupid. Nevermind....

The thing is: guys please give the Rift a chance, stop the damn hate to limbo.

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

I like Limbo, but I hate that the only time he's considered acceptable to anyone is when his cataclysm is so small, it might as well not exist outside of a select few missions. At that point, Limbo might as well not exist, which is absurd.

No other frame gets as much hate as Limbo for wanting to run a build they find enjoyable or useful.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Limbo is a complex frame that gets in the way of other people’s gameflow if not used correctly. Then when players who don’t know he works use him, it creates problems for the team. Enemies become unkillable when banished to the rift so the team can’t kill them. Is he a good frame? Absolutely. But he requires a niche play style. Deviate from that and there will be problems. 

I honestly don't understand all this Limbo hate. There are so many frames that can easily make your team experience miserable, why is it that Limbo gets all the vitriol? And with the recent rework, there really isn't much to complain about. I'm much more annoyed by speed-spamming Volts and Frosts whose keys are stuck at 3.  

Цитата

I mean man don't tell anybody how to play in a public squad

If you're playing Limbo,Frost or Gara you're the one who tells players how to play because they only have 2 choices - to stay inside your dome or bubble or outside. And both options create problems for them. I almost never play those warfarmes because they're not required in 99% of content and remaining 1 is just as boring as they are but I still know that people fkn HATE bubbles. Of any kind. They hate them. Speaking of which, even Nyx's sphere for some can be a pain. At this point most visual affects are 

But since both parties are just as smart and cooperative, who cares really. Both will continue to do whatever they want.

Edited by -Temp0-

Really, he needs one thing. Or, rather, the Rift does.

A way for everyone else to go in and out. Maybe not as freely, but not totally reliant on Limbo himself. Because as it is now, either Limbo is heavily restricted, or his team is.

If it was my birthday and I was allowed to invite all the warframes to it, I'd intentionally lie to Limbo and say I wasn't allowed to invite everyone.

If Limbo was on fire and I had a glass of water, I'd drink the water.

If Limbo asked me if he looked fat and ugly, without a doubt I'd say yes.

as a limbo player I dislike how his abilities function, his 1st ability is just annoying, when playing a defense mission I gotta make sure nothing else is around the defense target otherwise I banish other targets around it, can't banish a single high priority target either. His 3rd ability seems to be there purely to make the game hell for anyone who isn't limbo as it will randomly put enemies in the rift which is just annoying.

I always found limbo's design boring in that he's supposed to be all about altering the rift yet he's got 3 abilities that pull enemies into the rift and only 1 ability that messes with enemies in the rift

2 minutes ago, cghawk said:

I always found limbo's design boring in that he's supposed to be all about altering the rift yet he's got 3 abilities that pull enemies into the rift and only 1 ability that messes with enemies in the rift

Fair. I might make some suggestions for Limbo tweaks he still needs. The aforementioned 'Other people need to be able to use the rift' and something about his 3.

5 hours ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

Limbo now is really team friendly and he is very nice.  I have been playing him since stasis was fixed and I am very happy with him.  And it is easy to play with him and with the rift.

But I also find many times people who tells you to stop using your stuff because they dont like the rift or whatever. This attitude from the people is really mood burning and sometimes you reach a point where you can't hold it anymore.

Today in kuva mission, while I was keeping everybody in the kuva room in stasis within my cataclysm, a guy told me to turn it off.  Why do you request that if I am protecting all of you and you can easily kill them all? His answer was "because this is not a defense mission". 

Ufffff.... I couldnt avoid getting triggered, I got triggered so much that I kept him in the rift for the rest of the mission (survival 5 minutes).

I mean man don't tell anybody how to play in a public squad, you are not a boss but another player there.  If you dont like a warframe who is in your squad just deal with it, learn from him/her or leave the squad.

I should have left the squad. Im stupid. Nevermind....

The thing is: guys please give the Rift a chance, stop the damn hate to limbo.

My problem with Limbo is pretty simple... it completely disrupts my gameplay. It can be beneficial, but it can also hinder me, and it's often not under my own control.

In short simple factoids:
I cannot shoot Rifted enemies unless I am in the Rift.
I cannot shoot enemies outside the Rift, unless I am also outside the Rift.
This means I cannot shoot enemies in Cataclysm from outside, and vice versa.
The same applies to melee attacks, naturally.
Abilities will still effect them, but that's not always good enough.
The recent Limbo improvements did not change any of this.

I'm willing to bet this is where most people are coming from when they get toxic towards Limbo players in their groups. I'm willing to bet that time stopping wasn't even the issue.

I don't hate on Limbo players. I don't throw fits, make demands, leave the group, whatever else. I do my best to play with the group. I do my best to improve at playing with mechanics, even the ones I don't like.

But that doesn't change that the mechanics of the Rift really do grate on me and force me to alter my playstyle, and I hate when that's outside my control.This isn't even on Limbo players, but on how DE designed the Rift.

I actually very much preferred the original Limbo design. I could stay in the Rift for the entire mission, grab high priority enemies into the rift at my leisure, and completely destroy them in seconds. This gave me a solid role in a group as Limbo. Limbo abilities were geared towards handling the more dangerous enemies, not swarms - simple.
This isn't true anymore, and he seems to be strictly a control frame.
I am glad they worked to make him more active, but I don't like the direction they took it.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

2 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

DEATH TO LIMBO! 

Seriously, I cant stand limbos in public matches, I'd rather quit even as the host at the most awkward moment for the whole team than sit in the match with a limbo player. 

When a player using Equinox profile pic says this....

Max range Maim stun, slow slash dot kill.

I show myself out.

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

My problem with Limbo is pretty simple... it completely disrupts my gameplay. It can be beneficial, but it can also hinder me, and it's often not under my own control.

In short simple factoids:
I cannot shoot Rifted enemies unless I am in the Rift.
I cannot shoot enemies outside the Rift, unless I am also outside the Rift.
This means I cannot shoot enemies in Cataclysm from outside, and vice versa.
The same applies to melee attacks, naturally.
Abilities will still effect them, but that's not always good enough.
The recent Limbo improvements did not change any of this.

I don't hate on Limbo players. I don't throw fits, make demands, leave the group, whatever else. I do my best to play with the group. I do my best to improve at playing with mechanics, even the ones I don't like.

But that doesn't change that the mechanics of the Rift really do grate on me and force me to alter my playstyle, and I hate when that's outside my control. This isn't even on Limbo players, but on how DE designed the Rift.

Well, not being able to shoot enemies on the opposite plane makes sense - it prevents Limbo from being too OP, since he can't shoot cross-plane. You're restricted to abilities being cross-plane, and since Limbo can't just render the whole team immortal in such a case, the Limbo then has special duty to engage the rift on them at regular intervals, which balances it as both players have to cooperate now instead of Limbo applying a blanket effect.

But, this issue demonstrates the problem clear as day: there is no way for other players to interact with the Rift without Limbo's direct intervention. This problem would, although still present to some degree, be drastically reduced to an annoyance at best if players could aim at an enemy they wanted to hit, and then be able to cross on their own. Because then it would simply be managing which battlefield your fighting on, like that one Titanfall 2 level. Nothing much worse than Spectres, where it's easy to mistake them for regular enemies.

I don't want to have to be ferrying people across both sides if ever I want to do more than just a bubble and I doubt my squadmates want to wait for me to turn their attention to their spot to make enemies killable with guns. It's frustrating for all parties involved. I can't play the way I want, and neither can my teammates.