The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People still hate Limbo a lot...

Kronxito

11 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Honestly the Limbo hate is unwarrented now.

With the ability to both shoot & melee enemies in the rift he's honestly OP as all hell.

But we still cannot shoot enemies in the Rift from outside it, and vice versa.

That's always been the problem with him, even though it's also his defining feature. To simply quote myself from page1:

19 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

My problem with Limbo is pretty simple... it completely disrupts my gameplay. It can be beneficial, but it can also hinder me, and it's often not under my own control.

In short simple factoids:
I cannot shoot Rifted enemies unless I am in the Rift.
I cannot shoot enemies outside the Rift, unless I am also outside the Rift.
This means I cannot shoot enemies in Cataclysm from outside, and vice versa.
The same applies to melee attacks, naturally.
Abilities will still effect them, but that's not always good enough.
The recent Limbo improvements did not change any of this.

I'm willing to bet this is where most people are coming from when they get toxic towards Limbo players in their groups. I'm willing to bet that time stopping wasn't even the issue.

I don't hate on Limbo players. I don't throw fits, make demands, leave the group, whatever else. I do my best to play with the group. I do my best to improve at playing with mechanics, even the ones I don't like.

But that doesn't change that the mechanics of the Rift really do grate on me and force me to alter my playstyle, and I hate when that's outside my control.This isn't even on Limbo players, but on how DE designed the Rift.

I actually very much preferred the original Limbo design. I could stay in the Rift for the entire mission, grab high priority enemies into the rift at my leisure, and completely destroy them in seconds. This gave me a solid role in a group as Limbo. Limbo abilities were geared towards handling the more dangerous enemies, not swarms - simple.
This isn't true anymore, and he seems to be strictly a control frame.
I am glad they worked to make him more active, but I don't like the direction they took it.

10 hours ago, Chewarette said:

It spreads the rift to enemies outside of the Cataclysm. Which means that even after your Cataclysm ends, some enemies will remain outside of the rift indefinitely, so if Limbo doesn't send you in the rift, you won't be able to kill him with your weapons. Depending on Limbo's energy color, it can be also quite hard to know whether they're in the rift or not

Honestly his "new" 3 is completely messy, unpredictable, and useless (except in solo mode). It has completely no point gameplay-wise, and is a nonsense lore-wise (Limbo is supposed to be a Master of the Rift, his 3 is chaotic, he doesn't master anything)

Thank you, that explains why it never did much for me

Just don’t bring Limbo to a Kuva Survival on the Kuva Fortress if you’re a very passive player that picks off enemies one by one. You need to be a hyper-aggressive Limbo that isn’t entirely reliant on Cataclysm + Stasis to play, but utilize your skills depending on the situation. 

Basically, if you’re playing in a Kuva Fortress Survival with me on PS4, I will be gauging your prowess. If you’re not aggressively killing the adds, I will call you out on your bull****. You can’t play it safe in that game mode.

No idea why people were so down on Limbo BEFORE his rework, tbh, never had an issue....but honestly, POST-Rework is even LESS to complain about O_O.   Either follow him into his rift, or ..ya know... USE your Warframe Damage powers.  Those will affect Rifted enemies.   Or leave the squad.  I just don't get the hate.  ffs and we're supposed to be the "non-toxic playerbase"  ....

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Just don’t bring Limbo to a Kuva Survival on the Kuva Fortress if you’re a very passive player that picks off enemies one by one. You need to be a hyper-aggressive Limbo that isn’t entirely reliant on Cataclysm + Stasis to play, but utilize your skills depending on the situation. 

Basically, if you’re playing in a Kuva Fortress Survival with me on PS4, I will be gauging your prowess. If you’re not aggressively killing the adds, I will call you out on your bull****. You can’t play it safe in that game mode.

Unless there is a nuke,i get 40%~ of the kills in KuvaS with limbo. How do the other 3 manage that in survival with an unkillable defence point? 

13 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Not advocating for more changes to his cataclysm is narrow minded and in my honest opinion, elitist. 

Wow. This is the first time I've ever been insulted with the Elitist label. Usually its "Solo Scum".

Not sure how to take that. I'm as casual & solo as they come.

I'm all for DE reworking things. However, many I this thread are asking to be able to ignore the "Dimension" mechanic.

I completely understand the console hacking frustration but the severity of this effecting gameplay feels exaggerated. I honestly can't think of the last time I was in a rift & this issue arose.

Now...does Limbo need tweaks. Yes. All frames/every frame needs tweeks.

But if the rift only effects enemies & nothing else then Limbo becomes a Press 4 to Win frame.

If we can shoot Rifted enemies whether we are inside or out the rift, and pretty much interact with anything & everything while enemies cannot so then what is the point?

Limbo presses 4 then there is no longer a threat.

I do have an issue with that.

On 2018-08-04 at 11:39 AM, AnGeL_KRoM said:

Limbo now is really team friendly and he is very nice.  I have been playing him since stasis was fixed and I am very happy with him.  And it is easy to play with him and with the rift.

But I also find many times people who tells you to stop using your stuff because they dont like the rift or whatever. This attitude from the people is really mood burning and sometimes you reach a point where you can't hold it anymore.

Today in kuva mission, while I was keeping everybody in the kuva room in stasis within my cataclysm, a guy told me to turn it off.  Why do you request that if I am protecting all of you and you can easily kill them all? His answer was "because this is not a defense mission". 

Ufffff.... I couldnt avoid getting triggered, I got triggered so much that I kept him in the rift for the rest of the mission (survival 5 minutes).

I mean man don't tell anybody how to play in a public squad, you are not a boss but another player there.  If you dont like a warframe who is in your squad just deal with it, learn from him/her or leave the squad.

I should have left the squad. Im stupid. Nevermind....

The thing is: guys please give the Rift a chance, stop the damn hate to limbo.

I have a laser projector for excellent viewing of tv shows like altered carbon or travelers, movies and games thus i dislike the way limbo makes the game view look.

When i used to play limbo the protected spot was 2 meteres or less to avoid the terrible view and at 2 meters size it has space in case a team mate needs emergency shelter.

Thing is if i want cell shade world look i go play borderlands not warframe.

Edited by (PS4)aiptekfanboy
Laeter instead of laser lol

On 2018-08-04 at 12:19 PM, Dreadwire said:

Every time i go to mot survival and see limbo.

He will take 0% damage

And less then 10 kill

For 20 min.  

Its a pug life. No wonder so many quit the game when they see limbo there. And i might join the them to

Then theres me liimbo plus scoliac whip meme strike and for squad entertainment devo song whip it good priceless and squad asks no rift.....i say sorry but the only good limbo is a whip limbo or to really mess with folks i run secura penta kulstar glaive prime concealed explosives..........the only good limbo ability is shooting.

I hear where you're coming from. I found out my Slowva was disliked the other day and it really put a damper on my fun. It sucks man.

If you're really looking for an answer though, it might be because the "fix" feels like a bandaid for a bullet wound. We can shoot bad guys inside his bubble now, which is a nice change, but there are still problems with...

- can't shoot through the bubble. In or out.

- abilities and weapons stop dealing damage until you wait for limbo's buff to wear off.

- Like Slowva, Quake2Win Banshee, max range/duration Frost or Rhino, it's one of those playstyles that slow down a game. Sometimes making an easy 5 minute defense into a frustrating 10 minute game of hide and seek.

I imagine there's still some lasting salt with the player base too. Might take a while for people to learn to like him.

I main Limbo.

Regular Limbo is my most used frame and my goal is to make Limbo Prime my new most used frame...meaning I bring him to EVERY mission.

All you Limbo haterz go ahead and quit the group when you see me.

Cause I play Limbo the way you play your frame....which is however the F I want!

I dont get made at SloVa players for doing their thing...even if it is counter-productive sometimes.

When a Trinity comes in and does not use EV...I let them be.

I am chill like that.

Limbo fits my personality to a T. 

I love reading all ya salty comments. 

No I am not a Limbo troll. I do not intentionally do anything in the game just to ruin people's experience. 

BUT DE made Limbo. They gave Limbo that powerset, they created the mechanics that Limbo must operate under.

So it is not my fault as a Limbo player.

I love Limbo because he is so damn unique and requires a different game play. 

Quick funny story...

was in a MOT mission playing and there were 2 Limbos (of course I was one of them). This dude berated us every minute for picking Limbo, he told us we should leave cause he was not going to stop trashing us. At the 4th minute the other Limbo left mission and the computer replaced him with .......another Limbo player.

I loved it. We played for 60+mins and I loved every minute of his salty comments. 

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

I main Limbo.

Regular Limbo is my most used frame and my goal is to make Limbo Prime my new most used frame...meaning I bring him to EVERY mission.

All you Limbo haterz go ahead and quit the group when you see me.

Cause I play Limbo the way you play your frame....which is however the F I want!

I dont get made at SloVa players for doing their thing...even if it is counter-productive sometimes.

When a Trinity comes in and does not use EV...I let them be.

I am chill like that.

Limbo fits my personality to a T. 

I love reading all ya salty comments. 

No I am not a Limbo troll. I do not intentionally do anything in the game just to ruin people's experience. 

BUT DE made Limbo. They gave Limbo that powerset, they created the mechanics that Limbo must operate under.

So it is not my fault as a Limbo player.

I love Limbo because he is so damn unique and requires a different game play. 

Quick funny story...

was in a MOT mission playing and there were 2 Limbos (of course I was one of them). This dude berated us every minute for picking Limbo, he told us we should leave cause he was not going to stop trashing us. At the 4th minute the other Limbo left mission and the computer replaced him with .......another Limbo player.

I loved it. We played for 60+mins and I loved every minute of his salty comments. 

I appreciate you, and I’m fine that you love playing Limbo.

I’m only against people that can’t kill efficiently, or intentionally slow/stop adds from flowing in and not doing anything else besides that. I want everyone in the squad to kill adds. I don’t want anyone afk’ing or sitting back and maintaining a  “set it and forget it” playstyle.

A couple of days ago I was in a 2-man PuG with myself as Khora and a Limbo for Kuva Fortress Survival. He was a very aggressive Limbo that utilized his kit just fine. He used Cataclysm and Stasis for every Kuva Tower, but he was really going in and out of the Rift to kill adds. He was a great Limbo in that game mode, and it’s my only hope that every Limbo I meet is like him.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

14 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

That's cute. You picked a warframe that you can't properly play and claim that you can't control it or rather restrain yourself. So other people should bow down to you and "become team players" smh.

Somehow whenever (not often) I play it, I have control of it 99% situations out of 100 and literally NEVER heard anyone saying anything negative about him like getting in the way and seen no one leave the team because of me playing Limbo.

Oh that's right. I bring him in missions where he has a plase and don't spam cataclysm+stasis combo, unless it's mobile defenes (and even then I can just solo the thing) or an interception.

And for the record. Just because you have 4 abilities dosn't mean you should use all 4 - it's like that one slova that came to JV and outright refuse not to spam her 4 despite being told by several peopel he cripples the spawns, that no one needs it and he makes mission longer. Holy hell that was so stupid I still can'tt forget it.

Also doesn't mean you should slap 250+ range on it as well, just because you can.

Wow someone didn't understand what I was saying at all. Of course I have control over how I play Limbo, what I was saying is that the Limbo players don't control what Limbo's actual abilities are. DE made Limbo, not us. We don't make that decision. Derp?

3 hours ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

I have a laser projector for excellent viewing of tv shows like altered carbon or travelers, movies and games thus i dislike the way limbo makes the game view look.

When i used to play limbo the protected spot was 2 meteres or less to avoid the terrible view and at 2 meters size it has space in case a team mate needs emergency shelter.

Thing is if i want cell shade world look i go play borderlands not warframe.

Moreover, I detest the look of fire, and it should look more like ice, because I think ice looks better on my screen.  /s

Friggin' entitlement of people these days....

On 2018-08-04 at 7:26 PM, AlendasNaro said:

Friend of mine: "I only hate the PLAYER who is in control of the Limbo if this doesn't read squad chat. I don't mind waiting for the MD objective timer ticking down without having to shoot anything but please do allow your team mates to actually activate the objective"

I've had Novas block the Extraction Point with Wormholes too....  Trolls will be trolls, no matter -what- toys you give them.   It's unfortunate, but there's not much DE can do on a broad scale to deter it.

I have only even see one Limbo use his 4 correctly. That is on a defense mission/excavation mission and with a min range and max duration build.

Players do not need to defensive measures against enemies below 50 level unless the entire team is like below MR10 or something. Players want to just kill them faster and cataclysm actually hinders that. 

2 hours ago, wtflag said:

I have only even see one Limbo use his 4 correctly. That is on a defense mission/excavation mission and with a min range and max duration build.

Players do not need to defensive measures against enemies below 50 level unless the entire team is like below MR10 or something. Players want to just kill them faster and cataclysm actually hinders that. 

You realize Limbo's 4th, as well as all other Warframe abilities, were not created for specific purposes only, right?   Half the fun of Warframe is trying to find new and interesting ways to use powers/weapons to accomplish tasks.

His 4th doesn't hinder anyone whatsoever.  If it's active and you wanna kill inside the bubble....go inside the bubble.  It's super easy, and now you can even fire guns inside it so...how does it hinder anything?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

You realize Limbo's 4th, as well as all other Warframe abilities, were not created for specific purposes only, right?   Half the fun of Warframe is trying to find new and interesting ways to use powers/weapons to accomplish tasks.

His 4th doesn't hinder anyone whatsoever.  If it's active and you wanna kill inside the bubble....go inside the bubble.  It's super easy, and now you can even fire guns inside it so...how does it hinder anything?

It blocks gun fire out of the bubble. And the FX is distracting.

A practical and useful Limbo configuration has reduced range to safeguard just the VIP.

A Bimbo configuration has a giant stadium size thunder dome that simply reduces the efficiency at which you kill things.

Do you really want to stay in the missio  longer than you need to?

1 minute ago, wtflag said:

It blocks gun fire out of the bubble. And the FX is distracting.

A practical and useful Limbo configuration has reduced range to safeguard just the VIP.

A Bimbo configuration has a giant stadium size thunder dome that simply reduces the efficiency at which you kill things.

Do you really want to stay in the missio  longer than you need to?

Then the solution is simple....fire inside the "giant stadium size thunder dome".   If it's that big a bubble, then you should have no issue working inside it.

As for the visual effects, the same could be said of any frame's effects.  Nekros' 4 is distracting as hell, Ember's 4 with a bright color is painful at times, Hydroid- forget about it, and so on.

Many people enjoy their visual effects.  It's one of the joys of Warframe's design.  If you don't like it, play solo or use recruiting chat.  You get out of the game what you put into it.  Minimal effort, i.e. using pubs/pugs, equals minimal say in how things go.

I've played with many "bimbo" Limbos, and never had an issue killing anything.  -at all-

And to answer your last question:  Yes, I'd love to stay in a mission longer.  I enjoy the gameplay.  Warframe isn't a race.  I don't give a crap about comparing trophies.  I just wanna have fun hackin' and slashin' with my favorite frames and weapons, and invite others to do the same.  If you're turning Warframe into a chore, it ain't a game anymore.

I play Limbo A LOT in public, I’ve never met any limbo haters in my entire 2,000 hours playtime except for this one time I deliverately decided to troll cause I was just bored. It’s funny but it was in Kuva flood mission and I did exactly what you did and people said “what a terrible limbo”.

Limbo and Frost please do not make it a habit to place bubbles in missions every single time. You see Cryotic? drop a bubble -> No. It’s just like lazy gameplay style not as much as leeching but still it bothers people when we don’t really need that bubble obviously but you decided to do so anyways while only thing that does is slowing down the game or make it literally unplayable for self damage weapon users. 

If you don’t care about other people, fine go ahead but keep in mind people have freedom to say whatever they like.

They should of listened to those “Limbo mains” saying this Limbo fix just doesn’t make sense. Not being able to shoot enemies was not the main issue obviously. 

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Then the solution is simple....fire inside the "giant stadium size thunder dome".   If it's that big a bubble, then you should have no issue working inside it.

As for the visual effects, the same could be said of any frame's effects.  Nekros' 4 is distracting as hell, Ember's 4 with a bright color is painful at times, Hydroid- forget about it, and so on.

Many people enjoy their visual effects.  It's one of the joys of Warframe's design.  If you don't like it, play solo or use recruiting chat.  You get out of the game what you put into it.  Minimal effort, i.e. using pubs/pugs, equals minimal say in how things go.

I've played with many "bimbo" Limbos, and never had an issue killing anything.  -at all-

And to answer your last question:  Yes, I'd love to stay in a mission longer.  I enjoy the gameplay.  Warframe isn't a race.  I don't give a crap about comparing trophies.  I just wanna have fun hackin' and slashin' with my favorite frames and weapons, and invite others to do the same.  If you're turning Warframe into a chore, it ain't a game anymore.

Thank you x100.

I will not demand that others play this game in only 1 particular style (which is what some of ya are doing by saying "no to Limbo")

I really dont think Limbo ruins the player experience that much for all this salt. You can move out the bubble. 

And as for this comment:

10 minutes ago, wtflag said:

Dude I love the name...I am going to rename my Config A to be "Bimbo."

I love my max range Limbo--its my config A for a reason. It allows me to fully enjoy Limbo the way I would use those powers. 

I am thankful that DE nerfed duration and not range when they reworked Limbo. 

This discussion will go no where since Limbo haters have their bias burried deep where no mathmatical logic can touch.

Thankfully in the end...us Limbo mains Win! Just like his rift powers allows him in game to win --

Us Limbo mains we win because we can ignore your salt (I find it delicious it improves the taste of so many things)

we exists even after you leave the squad...you have to admit Limbo makes all missions idiot proof (to me that is not a bad thing...it allows me to use Limbo and carry any player to victory)

We provide energy to the team (yes partial and gradual...but better than nothing) and in our rift we are nigh-immortal.

DE allows him to exists in the game, they allow us to use his abiliites and just like you have the videogame right to play your frame they way you want to, so do I as a Limbo stan. 

Unless DE decides to delete him altogether!

Then I will cry and move on to another frame because this is just a game.