The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People still hate Limbo a lot...

Kronxito

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Then the solution is simple....fire inside the "giant stadium size thunder dome".   If it's that big a bubble, then you should have no issue working inside it.

As for the visual effects, the same could be said of any frame's effects.  Nekros' 4 is distracting as hell, Ember's 4 with a bright color is painful at times, Hydroid- forget about it, and so on.

Many people enjoy their visual effects.  It's one of the joys of Warframe's design.  If you don't like it, play solo or use recruiting chat.  You get out of the game what you put into it.  Minimal effort, i.e. using pubs/pugs, equals minimal say in how things go.

I've played with many "bimbo" Limbos, and never had an issue killing anything.  -at all-

And to answer your last question:  Yes, I'd love to stay in a mission longer.  I enjoy the gameplay.  Warframe isn't a race.  I don't give a crap about comparing trophies.  I just wanna have fun hackin' and slashin' with my favorite frames and weapons, and invite others to do the same.  If you're turning Warframe into a chore, it ain't a game anymore.

Do you know what happens when you put a Bimbo bubble in a small cramped tile set with lots of cover and nooks? 

Enemy gets struck behind walls and doorways and everyone has to run around to clear them up for the next wave.

Limbo is a great asset when used correctly like in lua spy missions, Kuva siphon/flood and sorties. But used incorrectly, he is like a slow nova in an alert or syndicate defence mission. I facepalm so hard whenever I see one of those.

In short, a good Limbo player knows when to use certain skills and when not to. Be a good Limbo player, that solves all problems.

Edited by wtflag

5 minutes ago, wtflag said:

Do you know what happens when you put a Bimbo bubble in a small cramped tile set with lots of cover and nooks? 

Enemy gets struck behind walls and doorways and everyone has to run around to clear them up for the next wave.

Limbo is a great asset when used correctly like in lua spy missions, Kuva siphon/flood and sorties. But used incorrectly, he is like a slow nova in an alert or syndicate defence mission. I facepalm so hard whenever I see one of those.

In short, I support the use Limbo anytime anywhere. But don't use cataclysm when the enemy level is less than 50 level, just AFK or something.

No, please...educate me and my 1000+hrs of playtime experience on how bubbles work 😛 /s

Dude, if you gotta run around in a game where running around is literally one of the game's highlights, why is that a bad thing again?

"Oh no! I'm a super agile space-ninja-wizard and I have to actually move!  This is so not how the game that is so obviously based around movement was meant to be played!"

..... like, for real tho.

Also, let's be real, you're just as capable of jumping around that "small cramped tile set" with your frame and spamming 4, and it will STILL kill the enemies around you.  Powers, again, can kill rifted enemies.   

To be fair, I've had similar issues with Gara's 4 locking enemies to far-away corners, same with Equinox's Maim or Rest, Khora's Strangledome makes shooting a pain, and I could go on and on.  Tell me how Limbo leaving the enemies standing there to hit without resistance is "slowing you down"?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Tell me how Limbo leaving the enemies standing there to hit without resistance is "slowing you down"?

Because they could be moving and grouping themselves into my atterax or amprex or ignis?

On the other hand, kindly justify the purpose of the bubble against low level enemies who can't even tickle your kavat.

1 minute ago, wtflag said:

Because they could be moving and grouping themselves into my atterax or amprex or ignis?

On the other hand, kindly justify the purpose of the bubble against low level enemies who can't even tickle your kavat.

1.)  That's just lazy.  Move TO them, and it won't be such an issue.  You can just as easily run around and use your max-range whips and guns and Memeing Strike them all to death in seconds, with or without Limbo present.  I know because I don't even use Maiming Strike or ranged melee (i hate whips) and I kill a room with melee in seconds, no problem, even WITH Limbo doin' his thing.

As for the purpose of his bubble-  To have fun with his enemies, to freeze 'em, to gain energy, to damage them, to look pretty.....it's a game.

Let me answer your question with another question:  What is the purpose of your kavat or weapons or even playing said mission if the "low level enemies" are such an underwhelming obstacle?

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Khora's Strangledome makes shooting a pain

This is my point about the Limbo hate...

how they hell are ya not up-in arms about Khora's strangledome freaking turning enemies into ceiling ornaments (Titania has a similar ability which is equally annoying). 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

how they hell are ya not up-in arms about Khora's strangledome freaking turning enemies into ceiling ornaments (Titania has a similar ability which is equally annoying). 

Cause we feel bad for Khora.. I’ll just let her function as a waframe... I’m just glad she’s being used... yeah you go girl.. .. 

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne

1 minute ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Agreed!  I have no issue really with either, but then I have no issue with Limbo.   Point is, as you put it, that they're putting all this hate on one frame, when so many others are just as much trouble.

Know why?  Because it's the Forum "Meta" thing to do 😛    I seriously believe there are just too many people hopping on bandwagons because "someone else said so".

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

1.)  That's just lazy.  Move TO them, and it won't be such an issue.  

Why do I have to move to them when they can move to me? It takes 4 seconds for enemies in 4 different directions to move to me for kills. It takes 20 seconds for me to move and kill everything in 4 different locations.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

As for the purpose of his bubble-  To have fun with his enemies, to freeze 'em, to gain energy, to damage them, to look pretty.....it's a game.

It is not efficient. And you are actively hindering your teammates. 

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Let me answer your question with another question:  What is the purpose of your kavat or weapons or even playing said mission if the "low level enemies" are such an underwhelming obstacle?

Nitain Extract. Syndicate. Kavat genetic code alerts. 

53 minutes ago, wtflag said:

Why do I have to move to them when they can move to me? It takes 4 seconds for enemies in 4 different directions to move to me for kills. It takes 20 seconds for me to move and kill everything in 4 different locations.

Nitain Extract. Syndicate. Kavat genetic code alerts. 

You standing in one spot and being lazy is "actively hindering your teammates".   It's not efficient. It's lazy.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

You standing in one spot and being lazy is "actively hindering your teammates".   It's not efficient. It's lazy.

The hate towards a frame is due to trolling be it before when weapons were unusable to todays trolling of making the mission last to long.

In recruitment most times no one wants a limbo due to trolling.

Its that simple.

I dont understand that hate. I really love Limbo's mechanics and crowd control.  For me, it is very confortable going with Limbo. I can protect everybody with him.

Anyway, I will go solo so I wont disturb anybody.  And actually I don't need help, so.... haha.

6 hours ago, wtflag said:

6 hours ago, wtflag said:

That depends entirely on the mission. If you are playing a mobile defense or a rescue mission, then the purpose is to defend the operative/defense point. Killing enemies is not the objective. If you can keep the defense point or the operative safe with Limbo's bubble or banish, then that's efficient. If you are more worried about running around killing enemies, instead of completing the objective, then you are the one not being efficient. 

Edited by rune_me

24 minutes ago, Morscura said:

I just wish they change his 3 into an aoe debuff on enemies

I agree his 3 is not helpful. 

I wish his 3 would cast enemy weapons into the rift which would disarm enemies--yes its a Loki disarm knockoff but we can agree that this tweak would be more helpful than current setup.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

No, please...educate me and my 1000+hrs of playtime experience on how bubbles work 😛 /s

Dude, if you gotta run around in a game where running around is literally one of the game's highlights, why is that a bad thing again?

"Oh no! I'm a super agile space-ninja-wizard and I have to actually move!  This is so not how the game that is so obviously based around movement was meant to be played!"

..... like, for real tho.

Also, let's be real, you're just as capable of jumping around that "small cramped tile set" with your frame and spamming 4, and it will STILL kill the enemies around you.  Powers, again, can kill rifted enemies.   

To be fair, I've had similar issues with Gara's 4 locking enemies to far-away corners, same with Equinox's Maim or Rest, Khora's Strangledome makes shooting a pain, and I could go on and on.  Tell me how Limbo leaving the enemies standing there to hit without resistance is "slowing you down"?

The fact of the matter is, yes, I am an agile space ninja that can parkour and killadds that are at the edge of a Limbo’s bubble. However, is the Limbo that casted his Cataclysm and Stasis also an agile space ninja? Or is he setting up his conditional strategy and picking off enemies one by one and parking his booty in the middle of his spherical Rift enclosure? Is he, himself, not killing the adds like the rest of the team is doing?

I see a lot of Limbos in Kuva Fortress Survival. There is only a small minority of Limbos that I met and feel that, yeah, you’re a good Limbo that I can go an hour-plus into that game mode and farm Kuva without using a Life Support tower. The majority of other Limbos I meet just sit there and expect everybody to do their dirty work for them and expect that their divine protection of Rift immunization and adds-stalling is helping the game mode when every minute we’re gradually dropping 5-10% in life support. I’m only one murderous agile space ninja with a taste for Grineer genocide in the Kuva  Fortress, I expect my other teammates to be the same. That goes for any Frosts, Slowvas, and Mags I see in Kuva Fortress Survival: Don’t just cast your abilities and forget that there won’t be ramifications behind them, please execute more and play more aggressively if your kit has any CC component that consistently stalls adds.

EH, after the last revamp, I don't hate Limbo that much.  The only time I really get erked is when Limbo spams Banish every two seconds in a map where nobody is in fear of dying.  I asked somebody once why he did this and he said he was refilling people's Health with the Augment.  Only, nobody was losing any Health in the mission...ever.  When it's unnecessary, it's annoying.  

Edited by AlMcFly

14 часов назад, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu сказал:

You realize Limbo's 4th, as well as all other Warframe abilities, were not created for specific purposes only, right?   Half the fun of Warframe is trying to find new and interesting ways to use powers/weapons to accomplish tasks

Name one thing that is "new" and "interesting" about banishing half the map and putting it in stasis. And half of the times not even killing anything.

Don't worry, we'll wait.

I think the entire argument comes down to you can play who you want, and I can play with who I want.

Limbo breaks the flow of the game for me, so I don't dig it at all. I don't complain or quit like many folks, but I definitely roll my eyes whenever I random up with a limbo. Super cool space ninja movement system? Throw that out with a limbo in your match and just walk in and out of bubble. /sigh if I wanted to just walk around shooting things on foot, I'd be playing call of doody and not warframe.

I'm glad he exists for playstyle variety, I just wish he existed in someone else's match and not mine.

On 2018-08-04 at 3:56 PM, DrakeWurrum said:

My problem with Limbo is pretty simple... it completely disrupts my gameplay. It can be beneficial, but it can also hinder me, and it's often not under my own control.

In short simple factoids:
I cannot shoot Rifted enemies unless I am in the Rift.
I cannot shoot enemies outside the Rift, unless I am also outside the Rift.
This means I cannot shoot enemies in Cataclysm from outside, and vice versa.
The same applies to melee attacks, naturally.
Abilities will still effect them, but that's not always good enough.
The recent Limbo improvements did not change any of this.

I'm willing to bet this is where most people are coming from when they get toxic towards Limbo players in their groups. I'm willing to bet that time stopping wasn't even the issue.

I don't hate on Limbo players. I don't throw fits, make demands, leave the group, whatever else. I do my best to play with the group. I do my best to improve at playing with mechanics, even the ones I don't like.

But that doesn't change that the mechanics of the Rift really do grate on me and force me to alter my playstyle, and I hate when that's outside my control.This isn't even on Limbo players, but on how DE designed the Rift.

I actually very much preferred the original Limbo design. I could stay in the Rift for the entire mission, grab high priority enemies into the rift at my leisure, and completely destroy them in seconds. This gave me a solid role in a group as Limbo. Limbo abilities were geared towards handling the more dangerous enemies, not swarms - simple.
This isn't true anymore, and he seems to be strictly a control frame.
I am glad they worked to make him more active, but I don't like the direction they took it.

This. I don't freak out or rage but I still don't like it. If I'm playing a frame like mesa or Umbra? Limbo is great. If I was unfortunate enough to have a warframe that doesn't really have "kill stuff" abilities like Loki or inaros then it sucks.

What's more bothersome, to me at least is the "in just gonna chill out in the rift for 5/10/20/600 minutes and not do anything but watch you guys" playstyle so many limbo players have.

Limbo is really just situational.  I like him as a teammate in Defense or Mobile Defense if they just bubble the protection point.  A lot of Limbos I see don't really contribute to Exterminate, Interception, or Survival because they just hide in the void and let the rest of the group do all the work.  Limbo players can be good if they try, but he is also the ultimate lazy player warframe.  

Honestly i think most of the hate is from when Limbo first came out and people used him to troll people indefinitely. Most people have not bothered to come back to post rework Limbo to see how he's changed, because they just don't care. All of the reasons people give as to why they hate Limbo can be applied to countless other frames and abilities, yet nobody says anything. That speaks volumes by itself.

9 hours ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

The hate towards a frame is due to trolling be it before when weapons were unusable to todays trolling of making the mission last to long.

In recruitment most times no one wants a limbo due to trolling.

Its that simple.

Loki can troll by teleporting you everywhere....arguably MUCH more infuriating.   Frost can troll with bubbles (and it does much the same thing as Limbo's 4 but with fewer team benefits), and it goes on and on.  So again....Why Limbo specifically?  None of his abilities prevent you from doing anything hastily.  I've played with plenty so I'm speaking from experience, not guessing.

5 hours ago, Goombpaler said:

Honestly, My main problem is that you cannot shoot into the rift, which is also a problem a problem I have with frames like frost and his bubble

You can still use your powers from outside/inside the rift and affect ALL enemies, fyi.   In addition, if he's using his 4, then just enter the bubble, shoot 'em, and leave.  It's not hard, and it even gives you protection AND energy.

Honestly, if we're all gonna whine until his Rift doesn't exist, then what is even the point of Limbo?  It's supposed to be a pocket dimension, not just some silly bubble.   This is why we can't have nice things 😛