The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Frost Snow Globe Change

StealthColt

I have one simple request which will make Frost (in my opinion) better and simultaneously open up more mod customization.

Give it the Gara-style expansion mechanic. Essentially this will allow frost to start channeling and cancel the channel at either the max range or on command to make the snow globe as big or small as we choose. I would leave everything else about the globe the same.

I feel like simply making this one tiny change while leaving the rest of it as is would give everyone the ability to play around more with range mods without reducing the effectiveness of the globe. This in turn will provide much more mod customization for use of the remainder of frost's toolkit.

Edited by StealthColt

The concern I have with lower range is that in doing so I dramatically reduce the effectiveness of the remaining toolkit since then they have reduced range. Or alternatively going with increased range in order to improve them frequently makes the globe too large and as a result enemies just walk inside it.

I had considered the results of it becoming slower to refresh it and personally I can live with that, but I definitely see your point because it makes health stacking it much slower.

BUT... that said DE seems to be trying to rework all the frames so that people use the entire toolset of the frame. My thinking was if we could at least somehow pick the size in mission vs having it set to too small so bombards detonate everyone inside or too large that everything swarms you anyway there may as be a control.

Once again however, I totally see your point and completely agree that there is sacrifice required toward my request. In the end it's out of our hands, eh?