The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have alternative survivability mods for pets?

AlienOvermind

I.e. mods that boost health, armor and shield of our Kubrows and Kavats regardless of our warframe's build and health/armor/shield values — similar to Sentinels' mods.

Current link-type mods work really well with tanky builds, but if you prefer playing without survivability mods or rely on Quick Thinking — you pet is out of luck. Which is very unfortunate in my opinion.

New set of non-link pets' Vitality / Steel Charge / Redirection is needed to provide a middle ground between link-mods on squishy warframe builds and link-mods on tanky builds. And obviously we shouldn't able to equip these new mods along with current link-type mods — the idea is to put link mods when you're going to use tanky warframe and put non-link mods when you switch to some glass-cannon build.

Edited by AlienOvermind

19 minutes ago, AlienOvermind said:

we shouldn't able to equip these new mods along with current link-type mods

Especially with this part included, I see absolutely no problem with your idea.

DE pls.

(And I don't even use Pets lol.)

Edited by NinjaZeku

I wouldn't say no as long as they are the same polarity as the link-type mods, I've literally got one slot which doesn't have a polarity on all my kubrows/kavats and they currently use the link-type mods (obviously lol) so if they're going to be an 'alternative' then they can't be a different polarity imo. 

14 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I wouldn't say no as long as they are the same polarity as the link-type mods, I've literally got one slot which doesn't have a polarity on all my kubrows/kavats and they currently use the link-type mods (obviously lol) so if they're going to be an 'alternative' then they can't be a different polarity imo.

Well, all base health / armor / shield mods currently have D-polarity. And it's true for all warframes (well, Umbra aside), sentinels and pets. So, honestly I doubt DE would suddenly decide to make health / armor / shield mods with any other polarity.

49 minutes ago, AlienOvermind said:

Well, all base health / armor / shield mods currently have D-polarity. And it's true for all warframes (well, Umbra aside), sentinels and pets. So, honestly I doubt DE would suddenly decide to make health / armor / shield mods with any other polarity.

Need I remind you of the most annoying pure (+90%) elemental mods in the entire game... the cold mods which are a D versus every other pure elemental being a - .

Even after numerous threads complaining it's still a D when it should be a - to allow for build variety. 

While I would hope that DE wouldn't do the same here, it wouldn't be the first time something ends up the 'wrong polarity'.