Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFKing and Reporting

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

Leeching has gotten ten times worse since tennocon, and I'm encountering someone hard AFKing, like doing nothing but maybe moving around to avoid the detection timer, every 4 or 5 missions at best.  They are always extremely arrogant when you call them on it as well.  One of the big points of pride for this community is how great it is, and the fact that it's so friendly and non-toxic.  That is going to change very, VERY fast if something isn't done about these people.  

Compounding this problem is the fact that reporting these players is such a painstaking, tedious process.  There's nothing that can be done in game, at least on xbox.  I'm literally so mad about how often this is happening that I'm actually starting to take the time to move screen shots over to onedrive just so I can send them in to support.  

Play the game or don't.  Just don't be half in, half out.

Screen cap and submit a support ticket. Try to include pictures that include mission status screen, and attempts to chat with AFK player (especially if they give unpleasant replies). Support will thank you for helping the community.

52 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

What is the big deal with people doing nothing? It's not like the missions are so hard that we would need full participation anyway and at that point: how are you harmed by them?

I didn't join the mission to carry people, unless specifically agreed to from recruiting chat.  If I'm on Hydron, it's to level things, I can carry my weight, but not the weight of a whole extra person afking in a corner.  If I'm doing invasions, I didn't agree to do all the work for you so that you could get the rewards for none of the work.  I certainly didn't sign up to do the sortie for you.  People like you defending leeches is part of why they are so bold when called out for their bad behavior.  There is a reason you can report them.

Keep the reports free for serious issues like bugs, deleted items, racial slur etc.

If leeching really becomes a thing, DE will take the necessary steps.

Personally, I'm happy the game doesn't kick you after 30 secs if you have to take a leak or answer the door - it keeps things relaxed.

I don't give an F about leechers, especially on Hydron where people who "carry their weight" often enough leave just after 5 waves (when they're done getting those last two levels to 30)...
Maybe my mindset and approach is a different one: I go to a mission to succeed and bring the necessary tool, everybody else joining in the effort is a nice bonus. And even if two guys are doing nothing for 20 waves, they add up to the XP, loot and rewards just for being there!

Ever thought about that?

With certain hotspots you can expect leechers every other round (as the mentioned Hydron), maybe try a different spot, like Lua Stöfler (many guys play there actively as they need 15 waves to clear the junction) or Void Fissure Defense when available.

I don't want to say this, but you need to Get Good OP.

There is a reason Specters exist in the game, once I solo a mission with 3 afk players using specters with a level 1 Banshee (God Bless the broken Ancient Healer + Rhino specter).

People can S#&$ all they want on specters. But the serious truth is that specters are underappreciated, they can help a LOT, specially if you end up on critical situations (like me with 3 afks vs 60+ level enemies).

On another note there is the option to leave the game if its filled with toxic players, it doesn't take a lot of time to rejoin a new game.

[ If you are doing sorties... Then that is your OWN FAULT. Do sorties solo, always solo the sorties, this is not a joke or me being a bad person. This is 100% true, never, NEVER do sorties with other players. ]

Now lets talk about Cetus, never do the missions on cetus with other players or solo, they are not worth it. Maybe farm for Gara once and never do them again. Seriously they are a waste of time. Become a trader if you are desperate for those useless mods.

TL;DR

+Get Good

+Use Specters or Leave the game and rejoin a new game

+Do sorties solo (No exceptions)

+Cetus missions are not worth it

5 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

What is the big deal with people doing nothing? It's not like the missions are so hard that we would need full participation anyway and at that point: how are you harmed by them?

In the plains on high level missions, it can actually be detrimental to the group if we're on a defend objective and there's not a good CC/Nuke frame in the group.

Otherwise, they're slowing down the missions which is wasting my time because they're being lazy.  I want DE to do somethign about it before we start flaming them.

1 minute ago, Almagnus1 said:

In the plains on high level missions, it can actually be detrimental to the group if we're on a defend objective and there's not a good CC/Nuke frame in the group.

Otherwise, they're slowing down the missions which is wasting my time because they're being lazy.  I want DE to do somethign about it before we start flaming them.

Cetus missions are not worth it, they are a waste of time. If anything just farm Gara once and avoid them like a plague.

2 minutes ago, NecromancerX69 said:

Cetus missions are not worth it, they are a waste of time. If anything just farm Gara once and avoid them like a plague.

So... how do you get Eidolon lenses, certain crafting components and Ostron rep?

So... how do you get Eidolon lenses, certain crafting components and Ostron rep?

Not worth the time. If you are desperate to get extra Xp from your lens, just do Equinox Sleep with Greater Lens.

Or farm the tridolons (since the tridolons I had no need to depend on lenses to max my focus).

1 minute ago, NecromancerX69 said:

Not worth the time. If you are desperate to get extra Xp from your lens, just do Equinox Sleep with Greater Lens.

Or farm the tridolons (since the tridolons I had no need to depend on lenses to max my focus).

So, I take it you're opinion of the amps are they aren't worth the time too?

So, I take it you're opinion of the amps are they aren't worth the time too?

Tier 3 amps are not required (if you are talking about the Breath of Eidolons).

Not to mention the damage ain't ideal from the grenades of Granmu Prism (It sucks).

Klebrik Scaffold is just the worse. Specially if it only chooses to shot the Eidolon instead of the vombalists under it.

Lohrin Brace, it's a meme. That says it all.

Arcanes... Just become a trader, easy life.

6 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Leeching has gotten ten times worse since tennocon, and I'm encountering someone hard AFKing, like doing nothing but maybe moving around to avoid the detection timer, every 4 or 5 missions at best.  They are always extremely arrogant when you call them on it as well.  One of the big points of pride for this community is how great it is, and the fact that it's so friendly and non-toxic.  That is going to change very, VERY fast if something isn't done about these people.  

Compounding this problem is the fact that reporting these players is such a painstaking, tedious process.  There's nothing that can be done in game, at least on xbox.  I'm literally so mad about how often this is happening that I'm actually starting to take the time to move screen shots over to onedrive just so I can send them in to support.  

Play the game or don't.  Just don't be half in, half out.

You need to chill.  Seriously.  How long have you been playing?  Because I get the impression you're whipping yourself into a right frenzy over literally nothing.  I don't think you understand the game well enough to be reporting anyone for their gameplay.

I got falsely accused three times thanks to this new afk reporting nonsense that suddenly appeared after 5 years. 

Once when i did spy and once when i did rescue my mission data was all 0% because i skipped everything and focused only on objective, people thought i was afking, paying 0 attention on the mini map or the fact that i was loki running and hacking. 

Other time was when i did survival endless, i had an urgent errand to run irl, people didn't want to extract so i went afk, came back after 5 mins only to see the chat full in insults and spam of me being reported, ofc i just ignored the threats and the spam and continued farming. I won't abandon my irl stuff because of 1 damn game, if i have to go afk due to some serious matters irl, i will go afk. 

I am just glad i actually didn't get any warning from the staff. 

Il y a 7 heures, Drachnyn a dit :

What would be wrong with kicking the useless leeches out of the group, making room for players that actually want to play? Also force her game to 2h(playtime in missions)  not being able to select public, what prevents just repeating it with the next group. 

People abuse the System since years, because the in-game detection is easy to overcome and they can't be arsed to play the game herself for rewards. Drako or muralist Alan v had more or less a 50% afk rate. I also have better things to do then carry people that consider her time more valuable then mine. 

Edited by Djego27

I don't mind it when players have to go and do something IRL and go AFK it happens to all of us. But players who make a habit of leeching are nothing but scabs that I'd like to pick and drop into the bin. 

Not much you can do about it though, just leave the mission as soon as you can or get it finished and leave the squad after. Usually best not to send them a message as they're the types to enjoy knowing that they've got under someone's skin while reaping the rewards in game. Win-win for them. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Almagnus1:

I mean if you aren't bringing a frame that is good for those missions yourself aren't you the one who is trying to leech? I have done many bounties and all of them can be trivialized by a single cheaply built Inaros.

Otherwise they are slowing you at most for the extraction timer, which you can even bypass in plains. And if you care so much about being fast you're better off solo anyway. Like if you are farming relics in void capture you are faster solo. Well if you have a strong enough weapon to kill the target quickly.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Djego27:

What would be wrong with kicking the useless leeches out of the group, making room for players that actually want to play? Also force her game to 2h(playtime in missions)  not being able to select public, what prevents just repeating it with the next group. 

People abuse the System since years, because the in-game detection is easy to overcome and they can't be arsed to play the game herself for rewards. Drako or muralist Alan v had more or less a 50% afk rate. I also have better things to do then carry people that consider her time more valuable then mine. 

Because kick-functions always get abused. Would you want to be kicked 30min into a survival because you had to take an important phone call? Because that will happen with a kick feature.

It's true that they value their time but it's not like you have to do the mission twice. You are still doing the mission for yourself. And again: how are you harmed? Like I get it's annoying waiting for someone at extraction but waiting 50 seconds doesn't warrant a beheading.

5 hours ago, Toran said:

Maybe my mindset and approach is a different one: I go to a mission to succeed and bring the necessary tool, everybody else joining in the effort is a nice bonus. And even if two guys are doing nothing for 20 waves, they add up to the XP, loot and rewards just for being there!

Ever thought about that?

No one thinks about that, they just want to complain.

3 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

No one thinks about that, they just want to complain.

They want people to put in at least some effort. They don't want to be used as a tool for some leecher to get free stuff, while they do all the work. Especially if said leecher responds in a very rude manner when being called out on it. It betrays a certain attitude that does not belong in a team. 

And just to be clear, I personally don't have an issue when someone with a sub-optimal loadout (either due to being new or leveling MR-fodder), and can't keep up with Saryn/Banshee/[Insert AoE warframe/weapon of choice], or someone going AFK because they had some important RL issue that suddenly came up. There's no problem with someone stopping to mine that blue gem they came across on their way to the next objective. But if you went into the PoE to do bounties, you are not supposed to just be fishing. 

il y a une heure, Drachnyn a dit :

Because kick-functions always get abused. Would you want to be kicked 30min into a survival because you had to take an important phone call? Because that will happen with a kick feature.

It's true that they value their time but it's not like you have to do the mission twice. You are still doing the mission for yourself. And again: how are you harmed? Like I get it's annoying waiting for someone at extraction but waiting 50 seconds doesn't warrant a beheading.

Nearly every online game has a kick feature and it only creates issues on a few were it is badly implemented. 

Nobody is kicking you for having to go 5 minutes, if you tell people just that. 

Well it is also true that they do not play the mission once. There is also not a single good reason to reward her behavior by giving them loot. 

8 часов назад, NecromancerX69 сказал:

[ If you are doing sorties... Then that is your OWN FAULT. Do sorties solo, always solo the sorties, this is not a joke or me being a bad person. This is 100% true, never, NEVER do sorties with other players. ]

8 часов назад, NecromancerX69 сказал:

your OWN FAULT. 

yeah how dare you, op, to expect people to actually PLAY THE GAME instead of leeching and making life harder for you, what are you, some kind of moron?

Спойлер

if it wasnt obvious - im humiliating necro guy for such an awful point