Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential Nyx Rework

-NR-SirLimbo

Made some thoughts about a Nyx rework. Here's how I would change the abilities. Not yet sure what they should scale on, either power duration or strength, but that's not important now.

Note that all values are at max rank and just a suggestion.

Ability reworks:

1 (Mind Control): Additional: The mind-controlled enemy has an accelerated timetable of 20% faster movement and 100% faster everything else that grows with power duration or strength.

Explanation: This lets (with mind freak augment) the power of mind control grow exponentially with power strength and thus makes it much more viable, as enemy damage sinks when their armor and hp grow.

3 (Chaos): Additional: Enemies attack faster by 50% growing with power duration or strength.

Explanation: This should increase the viability (again by an additional factor leveling out the decreased damage on higher levels enemies do to themselves)

4 (Absorb): Additional: Every time an enemy hits Nyx's absorb a mind bolt flies out and deals damage to the attacker bypassing armor and shield in height of absorb's current absorbed damage or a maximum of 50% growing with power strength of the damage instance's damage.

Explanation: The scaling goes faster (as it bypasses armor and shield but is still based on enemy damage) but is balanced out by the fact that energy will naturally limit the amount of damage absorbable by the ability, so it won't go wild (or so I imagine).

Ability added:

2 (Expose Soul): Single-target one-handed ability costing 10 energy and taking 0.5 seconds. The enemy falls to the ground for up to 10 seconds scaling with power duration and where he stood his soul remains exposed as an image, similar to Titania's tribute. Damaging the spirit deals damage bypassing the health and armor but cannot do crits or status procs. Void damage deals 500% damage, scaling with power strength.

Explanation: This should give Nyx enough of a chance to deal with high-level enemies. Like this Nyx can stun and eliminate a high-level enemy with relative ease, and makes a good use of operators as they have high non-crit, no-status damage instances. At least to me this sounds interesting, but I can understand others disliking it.