Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add More Prestige Items

Lancelot185

I'd like to see more unlockables like the john prodman poster, that requires actual coordination, end-game builds and understanding of the game. I had a blast doing the hour index for it, and it gave me an actual challenge, which is pretty rare in wf; not to mention the sense of accomplishment from attaining it and putting it up in your ship. WF could do with more of these unlockables, that are gated simply by difficulty and not rng, or by a tedious grind like the kuria. Would you guys like to see more of this sort of thing? Maybe some new cosmetics, or more ship decor (perhaps for railjack, so that others can see it) that can only be acquired by doing very challenging, endurance runs - it'd give something for the vets to do, and something for the newer players to work towards, outside of the mr/resource grind.

John Prodman FTW!

But seriously, I agree on most. Sadly I don't see DE giving us such mechanics because people complain it's "too hard" and they also want those sweet high level rewards... But without being high level...

As long as there's not something that says "This is not for you, get stronger" kind of thing (not a progress wall, not a paywall) we'll never have endgame. Because people want the best high end rewards and resource stockpiles just as they're done with Vor's Prize.

Check topics on people complaining how they can't get 3-5 Tridolons in each night on PUG despite playing casually, or people complaining on NItain when all they need is to be patient. Or the people complaining that ESO is too hard for them despite regular Onslaught being around for their skill levels. People want everything, for 0 money, and 0 grind, on a free game. Somehow...

The majority of this player-base is what Digital Extremes has to tailor to, and that means accessible and mostly casual content. It would be nice if players who pushed themselves were given incentives like the Prodman poster, but the feedback on Kuva Survival shows that DE doesn't like to reward these players. Restarting after one rotation C is the model for endless missions. Gated content is something I could get behind. Real progression is something I would love to see through something like that.

This is just one example of a thread aimed to reward challenging gameplay 😞 

Edited by Voltage

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

John Prodman FTW!

But seriously, I agree on most. Sadly I don't see DE giving us such mechanics because people complain it's "too hard" and they also want those sweet high level rewards... But without being high level...

As long as there's not something that says "This is not for you, get stronger" kind of thing (not a progress wall, not a paywall) we'll never have endgame. Because people want the best high end rewards and resource stockpiles just as they're done with Vor's Prize.

Check topics on people complaining how they can't get 3-5 Tridolons in each night on PUG despite playing casually, or people complaining on NItain when all they need is to be patient. Or the people complaining that ESO is too hard for them despite regular Onslaught being around for their skill levels. People want everything, for 0 money, and 0 grind, on a free game. Somehow...

^this

1 minute ago, Legion-Shields said:

Once you reach MR 25 you should get a small group of slaves who carry a giant throne around on their shoulders that you get to sit on. You can still perform all parkour moves as normal.

Maybe if you can survive a 10 hour solo mot survival with hobbled dragon key

you might have had a blast doing an hour in the Index, but to some people that's tedious. not every player wants to spend an hour on one mission, and so carries on the endless game mode debate, which funnily enough, is unending in itself. I agree that it would be nice and give us something to do if implemented well, but there's always gonna be those who want it the easy way. DE themselves seem to be moving away from the Endless crowd and towards the idea of the "bite-sized" experience, as demonstrated by Sanctuary onslaught and a refusal to let Kuva Survival have reward scaling.

I'm not based in either camp, but If I were a super dedicated endurance runner, I'd not be expecting any changes in my favour any time soon. you're just not the crowd DE is listening to.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

I agree but I don't think long endless run with high level enemies is some kind of difficulty. Of course, it's long, tedious and deserve a reward but it's definitely not a good way to give us endgame.

I think it should be something shorter when you understand it (but still long when you're searching) that require you to think and have some coordination with you team, like Jordas Verdict was.
Another good way of adding difficulty is to lock some weapon, warframe, powers, elements or mods to each specific mission to force players to think about new builds instead just using their to go OP build.

A mix of these 2 options with high level enemies would actually be a nice challenge for a weekly/monthly special mission with unique reward such as what the Startos emblems should have been.