The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I was accused of being a Canadian!

rastaban75

A couple of nights ago, I was in the trade chat trying to sell some of my stuff. I put up for sale 5 filled Anasa sculptures* and immediately, in perhaps 3 seconds, I got four messages from people wanting to buy. I sold to the first one, obviously, and after conducting the sale I replied to the rest with "sorry, already sold" or something like that. One of them replied telling me that we are having too many Canadians lately in the game.

I think I scratched my head. In retrospect I should have replied back with an "Eh?"

Seriously though, having people from around the world interacting can cause some misunderstandings.

*what's with the popularity of Anasa in trades anyway?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

You make it sound like it's a terrible thing o.o not sure how I feel about that >_> 

I was not being serious in the topic title of course.

It's just that it feels strange when people online say things you don't understand. At the time I received that reply I had not idea what that person meant. Later I figured they probably meant I was ??polite?? for saying "sorry". I guess?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Anasa = endo. With the new umbral mods, there is an upsurge in the need for endo.

I know, but I think people are overpaying in plat for something like that. I mean, you can get such sculptures and 4k endo pretty regularly from sorties (had more than 20 of those in the inventory when I realized I can sell them easily). I checked my price in waframe market to match the average for such sales. The market prices baffle me sometimes.

People were amazed at how diligent you were. It's a compliment, imo. It means you are an exception to the standart "toxic greedy/cheap kid" lurking around on TC, even apologizing and stating you can't do business and why.

I usually take a "no reply" as a no, and that's ok, I usually do it as well. It just means you're not interested (If you were you'd reply or negotiate), and I can focus on other, more willing, potential costumers or sellers.

Keep being like that, adopted northern maple american Tenno!

15 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

I know, but I think people are overpaying in plat for something like that. I mean, you can get such sculptures and 4k endo pretty regularly from sorties (had more than 20 of those in the inventory when I realized I can sell them easily). I checked my price in waframe market to match the average for such sales. The market prices baffle me sometimes.

Warframe has it's own economy. And no one sets this, it just corrects itself given the conditions met by the community. People are "overpaying" such a common item because demand is even greater than that the item's drop rate, making people compete for it. However there's a ceilling to it, to which players will stop buying if it's too high.

16 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

A couple of nights ago, I was in the trade chat trying to sell some of my stuff. I put up for sale 5 filled Anasa sculptures* and immediately, in perhaps 3 seconds, I got four messages from people wanting to buy. I sold to the first one, obviously, and after conducting the sale I replied to the rest with "sorry, already sold" or something like that. One of them replied telling me that we are having too many Canadians lately in the game.

I think I scratched my head. In retrospect I should have replied back with an "Eh?"

Seriously though, having people from around the world interacting can cause some misunderstandings.

*what's with the popularity of Anasa in trades anyway?

Are u a Canadian? then tell him hell yes i am and i am so damn proud :XD and put him on ignore

I would have done this although i am not a Canadian lol