Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So um... since Acolytes are obviously here to stay: Any plans for dedicated models?

I agree the models are a little cheap just because they are rips of real frames, but I almost think that adds a certain layer to it, like why do they look like those frames? Are these actual repurposed frames? Do they have operators somewhere? We still don't have precise answers on what Stalker is (some answers and some strong theories but little in black and white [red?]), the Acolytes just add more to the mystery. 

Also, from a more real world perspective I doubt DE wants to spend the time crafting 6 new models AND matching noggles for some enemies that appear at best a few days a year and die so quickly you're not spending much time seeing their model anyway. What they should do instead is make a universal cosmetic that lets us put the stalker helmet on our frames so we can make our own squad of Acolytes...that I could get behind.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb DeejayPwny:

I may be incorrect, but I think OP meant "here to stay" as in a permanent rotation

Yeah.

vor 1 Minute schrieb rapt0rman:

Reminder that Stalker himself is just a reskinned Excal.

Well, you got a point... at least he got his own weapon set and didn't have standard cosmetics attached to him tho. But you're right, i honestly pretty much forgot about that, maybe it was less apparant as Excal is so prototypical in a way... Dunno.

17 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

The acolytes are a blend of models on purpose. Its not meant to be lazy design its meant to make people wonder why they are a mish mash of frame parts given what we've learned about the warframes.

Especially considering that we now know how they're made; literally by building clones of the original versions, which were people infected with Helminth Strain infestation...

Meaning that it's the shapes and forms of the Warframes in question that give them their abilities, not the Tenno controlling them, so the cobbled-together looks of the Acolytes can just be because they're trying to fuse the different abilities from those frames. Similar to all those people on the Warframes and Abilities section that want to have a way to pick-and-choose existing abilities to make their own custom Warframe...