[DE]Megan

The Sacrifice: Update 23.3.0 + 23.3.0.1

17 minutes ago, OriginalBoss said:

DE could make Vauban really great 

--long list of good ideas clipped for brevity---

He would be fun in POE and other open areas 

I want to emphasize this.  Vauban right now is crap in PoE because even with a 190% range build he still can't cover even the smallest defense areas, even with 4 bastilles deployed.  Especially with Fortuna next on the schedule, it would've been nice to see a change that would give him ANY usefulness in long-distance fights.

While I'm not against a turret, people seem to be forgetting that Tesla basically already IS a turret, just without turret art.  It's a Shock/Amprex turret.  That's what it is.  If a deployable turret ability had very different functionality - something like the Opticor turret sounds nice - then that's fine, I guess.

What I'd prefer is deployable Spider Mines.  Like literal, 6-legged robots that follow me around, then charge the nearest enemy and explode in a small (like 3m) radius dealing moderate damage (maybe 500 blast damage before modding?).  Vauban would deploy them one at a time, but could have 3 at a time following him.  THAT would be more useful to me.  Again, not against a turret, but it seems to me Vauban's entire kit is already made for A) CC and B) sitting still.  A moderate damage ability that's useful while on the move would be a good change.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Vauban's Passive has changed! Vauban's new passive: "Deal 25% extra damage to incapacitated enemies". 
    • Whether by Vauban's own CC'ing abilities, or the abilities of others, Vauban can amplify his damage against the incapacitated! 

What constitutes as incapacitated?

Please revert the Tesla changes, you have cut its cast rate in half when not charging for no gain and it is now nearly worthless above level 25 or so. You have nerfed Tesla, Vauban's worst power. Please. Please revert the Tesla changes. The charge mechanic takes four or five times longer than regularly casting Tesla and only doubles its stats. This is mathematically wose than spamming more Teslas even after the cast rate nerf. Please revert the Tesla changes.

Please, please revert the Tesla changes. They make the power significantly worse in every way.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

nXMIyY1.gif

i cant use zenistar's flying disc with this skin

Edited by bono544
  • Upvote 3

So Vauban needs: Possible changes here:

Passive Ideas:

Passive 1: The More Incapacitated Enemies - equals the more total damage he does for 30 seconds. Example: Bastille: 12 enemies * 10% per enemy - 120% more damage for 30 seconds.

Passive 2: Like Chorma his energy color will decide what some of his skills do. Example Green ='s Toxin for Tesla. Bastille: Enemies take damage and get procc-ed toxin ever 3-5 seconds.

Passive 3: Engineering Passive --- All Sentinels get %50 Bonus to ALL Stats. (Just like Oberon's Passive)(edited)

Side Note:
Also give him like 600 Armor so He is NOT squishy and you can make better builds without using Redirection and Vitality builds. -- Since his Augs are good and his builds are odd. I feel sometimes you NEED those two extra Mod Slots so people run him only with 300/300 Shields/Vit.

Skills:

Testla Skill: should be a skill that charges in 1.5 seconds = 100% status and does 5x damage ALSO still 25 energy cost --- no extra energy is needed.  Augment: Enemies are slowed outside the link and Stuck when inside the link. (link between Testlas are doubled.(edited)

Minelayer Skills: need more Damage and Procs with them --- I personally RARELY is EVER see those skills used at all.  Also, make each Type like 5 energy only to use --- maybe players will try out new builds with those skills. ---Also duration should be doubled possibly.
---Also Enemies affected by Minelayer Skills (like the Triple Line one) are open to Finishers.

Bastille Skill: Enemies take damage based on energy type and procs element every 3-5 seconds. Augment Adds a AOE Blast to the Push out.

Vortex:  Need More Base Range --- maybe 4-5 more Meters.  Augment should draw in enemy fire as well and increase range of Vortex.(edited)

Thoughts?  Anyone --- btw

sorry for the black ground.

Edited by JSRBeat
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, JSRBeat said:
So Vauban needs: Possible changes here:

Passive Ideas:

Passive 1: The More Incapacitated Enemies - equals the more total damage he does for 30 seconds. Example: Bastille: 12 enemies * 10% per enemy - 120% more damage for 30 seconds.

Passive 2: Like Chorma his energy color will decide what some of his skills do. Example Green ='s Toxin for Tesla. Bastille: Enemies take damage and get procc-ed toxin ever 3-5 seconds.

Passive 3: Engineering Passive --- All Sentinels get %50 Bonus to ALL Stats. (Just like Oberon's Passive)(edited)

Side Note:
Also give him like 600 Armor so He is NOT squishy and you can make better builds without using Redirection and Vitality builds. -- Since his Augs are good and his builds are odd. I feel sometimes you NEED those two extra Mod Slots so people run him only with 300/300 Shields/Vit.

Skills:

Testla Skill: should be a skill that changes in 1.5 seconds = 100% status and does 5x damage ALSO still 25 energy cost --- no extra energy is needed.  Augment: Enemies are slowed outside the link and Stuck when inside the link. (link between Testlas are doubled.(edited)

Minelayer Skills: need more Damage and Procs with them --- I personally RARELY is EVER see those skills used at all.  Also, make each Type like 5 energy only to use --- maybe players will try out new builds with those skills. ---Also duration should be doubled possibly.
---Also Enemies affected by Minelayer Skills (like the Triple Line one) are open to Finishers.

Bastille Skill: Enemies take damage passed on energy type and procs element every 3-5 seconds. Augment Adds a AOE Blast to the Push out.

Vortex:  Need More Base Range --- maybe 4-5 more Meters.  Augment should draw in enemy fire as well and increase range of Vortex.(edited)

Passives:

Idea 1 - This is at least a better passive than what he has now, or anything that others say in relation to armor based passives. I like this, it helps him scale better in high tier levels such as Sortie 3s and ESO's for example.

Idea 2 - This is taking from Chroma's main identity. I know Excal has the Chromatic Blade augment, but that's still an augment and not the innate property of ability. At least put this theme as part of his minelayer; Remove bounce and replace it with a gas grenade. Remove Triplaser and replace it with something procing viral or cold damage, like a coolant cell or something, at the very least just flat out and completely remove both triplaser and bounce entirely. They are trash, end of story.

Skills:

Tesla: This is a good change, this is how you make one of the worst abilities in the game(don't lie and say it isn't) into something actually useful. I like this.

Minelayer: This, at the very least, needs to happen. Nobody uses this, nobody. This is a joke, and only used for memes. It is useless and the base duration of Shred needs a buff from 4 seconds to be in line at 8 seconds with Concuss. Also the base armor strip from a weak 40% to at least base armor strip of 50%.

Bastille: Ehhhh. Again, Vauban doesn't need a damage type is based on energy color mechanic.

Vortex: To elaborate on the augment idea, each enemy increases the chance of it sucking in all incoming enemy fire by a certain small percentage. Thus this actually gives the player a reason to use this more often outside of just spamming Vortex in an attempt to crash your team mates due to their potato PCs

Uh, can we get clarification on what constitutes as "Incapacitated"? Like, if I blast proc someone, are they incapacitated? Volt's discharge? 

• Like 1

vor 42 Minuten schrieb HyokaChan:

What constitutes as incapacitated?

According to my 20 minutes of testing, Bastille, Vortex and Concuss (during the animation) all count as incapacitated. Electric procs from Tesla do not. 

I haven't been able to test other forms of CC yet, would be good to know if Vauban can make use of other frames' CC as well.

46 minutes ago, chuckdm said:

I want to emphasize this.  Vauban right now is crap in PoE because even with a 190% range build he still can't cover even the smallest defense areas, even with 4 bastilles deployed.  Especially with Fortuna next on the schedule, it would've been nice to see a change that would give him ANY usefulness in long-distance fights.

While I'm not against a turret, people seem to be forgetting that Tesla basically already IS a turret, just without turret art.  It's a Shock/Amprex turret.  That's what it is.  If a deployable turret ability had very different functionality - something like the Opticor turret sounds nice - then that's fine, I guess.

What I'd prefer is deployable Spider Mines.  Like literal, 6-legged robots that follow me around, then charge the nearest enemy and explode in a small (like 3m) radius dealing moderate damage (maybe 500 blast damage before modding?).  Vauban would deploy them one at a time, but could have 3 at a time following him.  THAT would be more useful to me.  Again, not against a turret, but it seems to me Vauban's entire kit is already made for A) CC and B) sitting still.  A moderate damage ability that's useful while on the move would be a good change.

Well, a sorta turret without turret style range, power, but can't be destroyed without its duration deal wearing off. Spider-mines, I could totally go for some spider mines or Hek, even little spider bots with little plasma blaster shots based on power strength

Still no fix for: the Icarius syandana lacking any animation whatsoever. Come on DE, it's been like 3 or 4 patches since you broke this...it should be fixed by now!

• Like 2

I hope Vauban is given a major rework soon and these changes are a bandage fix. Nonetheless, the skin is great.

• Like 1

Just now, TALISMAN_XVII said:

Just give him an exalted turret using primary mods.

MAKE THIS HIS 2, It's not hard and its simple to make. give the turret 2018 stats and let us mod it. listen to the players for once in your life DE

• Like 5

Still waiting for excal prime stuff to be available on umbra.

Umbras are pretty darn close to primes if not higher on the tier list (I haven't seen anything that says different, if I am wrong link me the proof). If he isn't considered a prime or higher then let excal prime wear his stuff (this includes the scarf), just like how every prime can equip the basic parts of the basic frame. Just trying to cover all bases and find a middle ground. If more umbra frames comes out there will be complaints about those frames not being able to use prime parts. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1