Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With this set, am I prepared to tackle the Eidolon Teralyst?

Christopaz

Question

Hi guys.

I've always wanted to take Terry down solo. Unfortunately, I only have a mote amp in my hands and with the Ostron daily cap standing, it may take a while for me to get Visitor and have Murkray bait to get some Murkrays. Getting the 1-1-1 would be a week at most.

I did try a Teralyst fight solo recently. Went for a bless Trinity though she's not geared greatly since she only has a potato on with no Formas. The bless Trinity's stats are 193% duration, 145% strength, 130% efficiency . I've used my trusty Opticor equipped with Serration, Point Strike, Split Chamber, Hellfire, Stormbringer, Vile Acceleration, Vital Sense, and Heavy Caliber(rank 8 only). After a lengthy amount of time breaking the shields, I hit the Synovia and it only deals about 4.5k damage. I did manage to take it down though but the spawn rate of the Vomvalyst is too much to keep up with and I ended up running back to Cetus. I've ended up with enough cores to buy the 2 of the amp blueprints I needed (one was picked as a rank reward).

I'm wondering why the damage from my rifle sucked, I expected more out of it since I forma'd it 5 times. For now, I'll go back to fissure missions until night comes in Cetus, reading could only do so much so I'm gonna pit myself against the Teralyst as much as possible. I actually forgot I had a shattering impact attack speed Obex at the time, so I hope that would shorten the fight greatly.

I don't have Chroma, Harrow, or Volt unfortunately.

12 answers to this question

Solo hunt is more demanding than squad because you only have yourself n your own gear to depend on.

Trinity only needs blessing for Eidolon. Try to have zenurik energize dash for energy replenish. 

Us sniper because like melee they’ve combo counter that stack damage unlike opticor which doesn’t. Best with a good riven.  You also need better amp with amp arcane. 

My advice is to do squad for now till you’re ready to get all the ‘basic’ required amps and the amp arcane. Then try solo again. 

you can farm rep easily even solo, just follow it on your operator and kill any of the Vomvalysts that appear, in a nights session you can get any were from 80-100 intact cores that way depending on how quickly you kill them, then use those to rep up and buy parts for better amp.  While doing that you will need breathe of eidolon to craft the amp so do the bounties with it as a reward during the day

I was in the same boat as you at one point (the opticor thing) but I poured through some posts and found that the lanka (a radiation-based sniper rifle) does a TON of damage when properly modded (I am VERY curious on how it would perform with a heavy caliber).

The build below is what carried me through many teralyst hunts:

Lanka Build (as of writing this):

Serration, Hellfire, Speed Trigger, Vigilante Armaments, Split Chamber, Stormbringer, Point Strike, Vital Sense

+Orokin Catalyst

+5 Forma

Polarities:

V, --, V, --, V (Madurai, Naramon, Madurai, Naramon, Madurai)

this can be in any order.

NOTE!: if you are going to solo the teralyst, bring some energy, health, and ammo pads.

As for the amp, I would go for the 1-1-1 combo until you get to tier 2, then build a 2-1-1 or a 2-1-2

Edited by Alithard

Your Opticor build seems fine, tho I'd swap Heavy Caliber for Vigilante Armaments or even Primed Cryo Rounds.

Opticor isn't the best weapon to deal with Eidolons, but it's  strong enough to deal with the Teralyst.

Are you using Rifle Amp in your Aura slot? It helps.

Don't forget to use Shattering Impact to remove just most of its armor, not all of it.

I also recommend you work towards that first Amp. It's on a whole new level of damage and performance when compared to Mote Amp

35 minutes ago, Christopaz said:

I'm wondering why the damage from my rifle sucked, I expected more out of it since I forma'd it 5 times

Forma doesn't increase damage, it just helps with mod capacity.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Forma doesn't increase damage, it just helps with mod capacity.

Oh I meant that Forma = mod capacity = more damage mods in a sense.

18 minutes ago, Alithard said:

I was in the same boat as you at one point (the opticor thing) but I poured through some posts and found that the lanka (a radiation-based sniper rifle) does a TON of damage when properly modded (I am VERY curious on how it would perform with a heavy caliber).

NOTE!: if you are going to solo the teralyst, bring some energy pads.

I'll take in mind the energy pizzas, since I haven't got enough focus for Zenurik dash yet

While I don't doubt Lanka's capabilities, I'm still sticking with my Opticor for now since I still have to forma other things like all the prime frames I've been building recently... Probably when I get the time to it...

28 minutes ago, tastic said:

you can farm rep easily even solo, just follow it on your operator and kill any of the Vomvalysts that appear, in a nights session you can get any were from 80-100 intact cores that way depending on how quickly you kill them, then use those to rep up and buy parts for better amp.  While doing that you will need breathe of eidolon to craft the amp so do the bounties with it as a reward during the day

I'll try doing this, at the very least I could gain as much standing as possible from the Quills

3 minutes ago, Christopaz said:

I'll take in mind the energy pizzas, since I haven't got enough focus for Zenurik dash yet

If you have Hunter's Adrenaline+Rage, you can pretty much forget about the energy pads. At least, that's how I've been doing to solo all three Eidolons with no energy issues.

I would suggest against Trinity for solo Teralyst. It doesn't really do too much damage to Lures, and also you can bring 3-4 for safety and/or drop a Ancient Healer specter for safety. 

Volt's Shield though makes both the shield and the limb phases faster, because it doubles the crit damage for both your Amp and your weapon.

As others have also said snipers are better for Eidolons in general because of the scope buffs and the combo counter. 

Edited by Autongnosis

I suggest using oberon with phoenix revival, vitality, vigor ,primed flow and rage with some duration and power strength 

Oberon is able to heal himself and cast a carpet of weed that magically repels radiation procs and pheonix revival as a safety net.

As for weapons, opticor is fine however lanka or rubico is much better due to pure dps output. Using argon scope from the latest acolyte event also allows you to stack up high crit for extra juicy damage from critting.

As for amps, using a mote amp for tri-eido is unfortunate but probably do-able if you have unairu wisp or even void strike.

Good luck.

Having been on a similar situation not long a go, from my experience your issue isn’t going to be shooting the limbs, but rather that taking down shields with default mote amp just takes too long to make it practical.

I’d strongly suggest going on a group ( just do the terry bounty with Konzu and you will land on a pub group ) and use the resulting loot to quickly raise your reputation with the quills so you can start working on a new amp. Doing this is far more effective than hunting vombalists as someone suggested, not to mentioning that it serves as training for when you will face him solo.

I find solo hunts far easier with Oberon. "Park" your frame on his flowers during the magnetic attack and it will retain it's energy, his healing is constant so it's pretty much set and forget. 

As for amps I would forego building the 1-1-1 and wait (just a tad) and build a 2-1-2 instead. If it were a close call I wouldn't mention this as you already bought one of the parts but, it's not. 2-1-2 is far superior. 

As for weapons, drop that Opticor. Rubico is fine, Lanka is better. It seems you might not want to give up on it yet, though I strongly urge you too. Might you have a Euphonia Prime? I'm sure it would even outperform that Opticor.