Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbrafied warframe builds

(PSN)de_sch0sch

The recent unvaulting of Rhino Prime made me want to create builds for him utilizing Umbra mods without sacrificing (pun intended) flexibility too much.

So I've created 2 builds for him which I belive turned out usefull.

Umbral Rhino - Index - Main focus is put on power strength and armor, and to keep the cost of iron skin <50 energy to be able to cast iron skin after an energy pick up.

Umbral Rhino - Support - Build for roar, high power strength and moderate duration, with neutral duration and efficiency and little sacrifices in survivability.

I've also played arround with Frost and these are the results:

Umbral Frost - Globe - Main use is defense/mobile defense missions with focus on globe health with some additional range. Good energy pool and efficiency.

Umbral Frost - Nuker - The star chart clearer, main focus are high power strength and range with neutral efficiency. Poor duration.

Umbral Frost - CC - Is not using any Umbral mods, but shares polarities with the builds above. Tried to balance high range and duration for mass CC.

What do you think of them? Do they fit their purpose? How to improve them? Feel free to share your umbrafied builds for other frames as well!

I don't see a point to umbralyze a Warframe that not has the umbra slots, the normal mods counterparts are as effecitve as them except the tau resistance or damage. If you really want umbra rhino, jsut wait for it beeign released. Moding non umbra frames with umbra mods seems justa waste of time honestly.

15 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I don't see a point to umbralyze a Warframe that not has the umbra slots, the normal mods counterparts are as effecitve as them except the tau resistance or damage. If you really want umbra rhino, jsut wait for it beeign released. Moding non umbra frames with umbra mods seems justa waste of time honestly.

Oh how horribly wrong you are 😛

You can get quite tanky with your ability strength going above what you'd usually get for sacrificing only an exilus slot, resulting in stats better than what they were. It takes some minor problem solving but you can end up with some really good stuff.

Nidus and Oberon are great examples of that.

12 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Oh how horribly wrong you are 😛

You can get quite tanky with your ability strength going above what you'd usually get for sacrificing only an exilus slot, resulting in stats better than what they were. It takes some minor problem solving but you can end up with some really good stuff.

Nidus and Oberon are great examples of that.

Whats a good Umbra Nidus build?

35 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

i agree with this wholeheartedly 

plus you can’t forma a slot for umbra mods so you’re taking up like twice the mod space 

9 minutes ago, paulbert97 said:

plus you can’t forma a slot for umbra mods so you’re taking up like twice the mod space 

Your inexPErience blindsss youu, younG JEdi.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)IronMinecartFTW said:

Whats a good Umbra Nidus build?

I personaly go with:

Steel Charge (need that 18 capacity)
Stretch
Primed Continuity
Umbral Fiber
Umbral Vitality
Umbral Intensify
Transient Fortitude
Augur Secrets
Hunter Adrenaline

End result is:

1605 HP (and 113 passive health regen)
150 ENERGY
1027 ARMOR
260% Strength
145% Range
128% Duration
100% Efficiency

5 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I personaly go with:

Stretch
Primed Continuity
Umbral Fiber
Umbral Vitality
Umbral Intensify
Transient Fortitude
Augur Secrets
Hunter Adrenaline

End result is:

150 ENERGY
1027 ARMOR
260% Strength
145% Range
128% Duration
100% Efficiency

i’m pretty experienced and would rather use non-umbra mods on non-umbra warframes but that’s ulitimately personal choice over what your build is going to be 

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

I personaly go with:

Stretch
Primed Continuity
Umbral Fiber
Umbral Vitality
Umbral Intensify
Transient Fortitude
Augur Secrets
Hunter Adrenaline

End result is:

150 ENERGY
1027 ARMOR
260% Strength
145% Range
128% Duration
100% Efficiency

Ah ok similar to mines, just I’m missing them last two mods, but I subbed in Rage for Hunter Adrenaline

Am 10.8.2018 um 15:38 schrieb Marine027:

Am 10.8.2018 um 16:15 schrieb paulbert97:

Well I've started this because I think that the Umbra mods are insanely powerfull, especially with their set bonus. But they are also quite costly - and situational because you kinda have to use the set bonus to make up for some of the incredibly high cost w/o the ability to use the Umbra polarity.

I have a dozen warframes at my disposal and use even less regularly, so I can't imagine where these mods may provide more usefullnes than their regular counterparts. In the builds mentioned above I wasn't able to achieve the same results w/o the Umbral mods.

Anything not an Umbra with Umbral mods is wasting time, mod space and endo. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, because the cost on the mods just for an extra minmaxed 2% armor or something is not worth any build you try to justify. Especially Nidus. You don't even need any primed mods for him to be better than any other warframe in the game already

Feel the same way. Cost way too much for too little return. I might use one mod if the moons align on a build and it fits. As far as the star chart goes, you definitely don't need an umbral frame to complete it. To me they are just a novelty until we get content that that possibly requires them. Youtubers seem to be the only ones pushing umbrafied warframes to have something to create content about due to not having much new things going on in the game.

Umbral Intensify is the only mod I currently try and fit into builds that otherwise use Intensify. It is easy to get the 5 extra needed capacity for the slight increase in strength.

I rather keep the maxed out Umbral mobs for Exalibur instead of going half way ons ome to fit a few other frames. He just makes much better use of them, that is the whole point with Umbra Excal.

edit: I could see myself going for umbra intensify + umbral steel fiber on someone like Rhino or Frost, but I would not use all 3 mods.

Edited by SneakyErvin

9 hours ago, (PS4)de_sch0sch said:

Well I've started this because I think that the Umbra mods are insanely powerfull, especially with their set bonus. But they are also quite costly - and situational because you kinda have to use the set bonus to make up for some of the incredibly high cost w/o the ability to use the Umbra polarity.

I have a dozen warframes at my disposal and use even less regularly, so I can't imagine where these mods may provide more usefullnes than their regular counterparts. In the builds mentioned above I wasn't able to achieve the same results w/o the Umbral mods.

well i have every frame at my disposal (besides excel prime duh) and my builds rely on primed/regular mods vs umbra mods 

On 2018-08-10 at 3:38 PM, Marine027 said:

8,5k hp Inaros begs to differ.