Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven capacity harassment

tprx

I just reached my Riven capacity limit. I will either have to buy plat to buy more capacity or clean up my inventory. It's a chore I'm not exactly looking forward to. I'd rather enjoy playing the game, especially since this week has 2 ongoing event: Razorback and Acolytes. But there's that message that keeps popping up: buy new Riven capacity or else! I'm sorry to tell you, DE, that this is harassment to buy plat. I wouldn't mind if that message came on every time I log in to remind me that my capacity is full. But I keep having the message after missions. It's NOT enjoyable. You keep saying you are listening to your community. Yet I'm not the first one to feel beset and post about this passive aggressive intrusion.

Please do something about this. It mires an otherwise impressive game.

Thank you for your time.

Well Rivens are a strain on their server storage so they are more in your face about making sure you own the capacity than other items. I'm annoyed at it too, a better way to make it known that it is a issue would be nice. Like maybe an icon like the boosters that doesn't cycle through like the rest with the riven icon and an Exclamation point. I dunno.

Honestly, if you have four unveiled rivens you want to combine to make a veiled one that might be better, I offer one of the many riven fusing things I have. I can't trade you it, I don't think, so you'd have to trust me with the rivens, though. 😕 I just have so many of those things.

And yea, I have max riven slots, and am at 84 of 90. I've been trying to give a ton away to my clan but they are too junky for people to want. I will probably do the fuse 4 into a veiled myself.

I do not see how can other game have from 5 to 90 random stats on items but here it is such big issue with 4.

I bought riven slots few times already (30 now)

It is the most unreasonably priced item if i do not count rush of few things that have just hour craft time.

Sell me 100 slots for some reasonable price instead of asking me for 60pl every day.

I totally understand the same thing happened to me a while back and it was pretty crippling. Not even joking. 

Sorties where my daily jam and I ended up missing a few because of it and it got to the point that I didn't even want to log in because every thing you do that blasted "You have too many Rivens" prompt would pop up. I knew I had too many rivens the last 30 times you popped up THIS SESSION. 

The problem is there is no "good" way to get rid of rivens. 

• Trading them is a veritable nightmare because of the arcane rituals required to determing their rough ballpark value. 
  • Disolving them for Endo feels absoloutly horrible. 
  • Transmuting them requires a drop from the Tridolons, great if you do them on the regular terrible if you don't.

You don't want to just junk them because they might be worth a ton, figuring out if they are worth a ton is a massive hassle. 

I think my suggestion back then was to treat veiled rivens like normal mods and essentially let them stack infinitely. Cause they only get "complicated" server wise when they start individualizing. And if they stayed totally generic "Rifle Riven Mod" no challenge until you tried to apply them to a weapons. That way 30 generic "Rifle Riven Mods" could take up one database entry instead of taking up 30 database entries. 

Then when you go to apply them to a weapon, the game checks to see if you have space and assigns them a challenge if you do. At which point they become a unique riven entry. Which would let people deal with them at their own pace. 

But at the very least if the Riven notification could only appear at login and maybe if you clicked on the Sortie to let you know you can't do the sortie. Cause it felt like any time you leave any menu interface "HEY DO YOU REMEMBER 10 SECONDS AGO WHEN YOU HAD TOO MANY RIVENS? YOU STILL HAVE TOO MANY RIVENS!" 

Edited by Oreades

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

It's not really harassment, it's there yo let you know you're at your limit so you don't try to get another one just to find out you don't have the space for it.

Actually it is. It only needs to show up on login and any event that will earn you a riven. Every other time it pops up unneeded is just annoying.

I think harassment is kind of a strong word. I would reserve that for a serious issue where you are, say, being harassed by another person in the context of a game or whatever.

Annoyance, irritation, insistence, those would be better.

Just fuse the riven if you don't want it. I just fused a ton.