Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea on how to get a strong PvP mode in WF [ 3rd Person MOBA]

Keysky

Hello, 

Recently I've been think on how to have a strong PvP mode in warframe, and came up with an idea of it being made as a moba.

Pretty standard standard 4v4,  3 Lanes, 3 towers to seige on each lane and one Command Center for each side. The objective is to destroy enemy's CC.

At the starting of the matches all frames and weapons will be ranked 0, and they will rank up as the game progresses, by killing NPC units, finding caches hidden in the map etc.

There will be a shop for each team where they can buy Mods only for that match after farming Credits by killing the NPC units spawning at intervals on each lane for both sides.

With the roster of frames for tanking, DPS and Healing with powers it might be a solid MOBA by itself.

The map should be big enough that sprinting from one corner to other takes about 30 sec to 1min to encourage lane-wise strategies. The NPC units will scale with players and should max out at 30 to 45 and players at late game with appropriate mods for their roles in the game should max at 60.

The load-outs will have to be made outside as how it is in current conclave.

I could say I saw paragon or Titan Fall conquest mode, or any other moba. And I understand you saying PvP doesn't work in Warframe, and that's precisely why MOBA might work best for conclave.

(I'd like to add this mode SHOULD NOT be tied to the main game, but as a separate entity as the current conclave)

Now why moba, early game in moba is basically about farming credits and xp, which is much more PvE focused to farm it up. And the point "people will not play it again" is not constructive. No one played AW, doesn't mean it should not exist, hell, it might be an integral part of Railjack.

What I'm looking out of this thread is not your personal bias to MOBA, rather why it won't work. Or else there are 2 million lo-users with 2 million opinions on how conclave should be handled. I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Dota and LoL while being copy of each other are both pretty popular by their own rights. And it's not a direct copy paste. By your logic every FPS, every shooter, every Racing game, every genre is a copy paste of its first game. Again not very constructive argument. PvP is not popular in Warframe not because there's no one who want to play it, this entire tab for conclave is the evidence for that. The reason no one plays it is because the way it is currently set up, it's kinda lacking, and the worst of all, peer to peer.

The reason it won't be a copy paste is because how warfame is different at its core than other existing shooters and mobas

Edited by Keysky

Id like to add again, this thread is in the intentions of having constructive discussion on why/why not it's a good idea, not have opinionated individuals come and speak out their biases just because it's [MOBA]. If you're against PvP in general you shouldn't be lurking in [conclave] discussion, because this tab is in all its terms and purposes for those who think PvP is possible in WF. And I think is quite self explanatory for how warframe forums are set up. There's a reason I didn't put this thread own in [General Discussion] tab.

Again, I appreciate constructive criticism or ideas around this idea of PvP.

Regards.