Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion about the Mandachord

Kur0Shir0

Hello D.E.,
Hello fellow tennos,

I came here to day to make a little suggest about the mandachord : why not allow to "link" the music note so they last longer as one note ?

Let me explain, I was tryin' to put the Hymn of the Fayth from Final Fantasy X onto the mandachord, but the problem is : it's a chorus with voice who have to "hold the voice" (not sure about this translation, sorry, english isn't my mother's tongue).

For that I tried using the first line(s) of this : https://musescore.com/user/1028271/scores/546811

As you can see there is a lot of differences in the note length. I don't know much about music, honestly, but I know one white note is the same as 2 black one and when there is this strange "rainbow" (dunno the name of it again, sorry) between two notes, it's supposed to make them count as one. But in the mandachord, there can only be black one. Also, there is no possibility to change the rythm of the mandachord by any mean.

What I was thinking was about "linking" note in the console, that would change nothing in the in-game working of the song, but that would allow it to give a bigger pannel of opportunity in the music creation the mandachord allow. In a way you could also simulate a change of pace of it just by timing your link so you gave the impress than it is slower.

I hope my suggestion was clear enough,
Thanks for your time,
Cordially,
Kur0Shir0

Edited by Kur0Shir0

I call that note stretching and would love to see it also.   I've suggested it to.  

Sound Team sound like they have it really rough.  They always get dragged into new projects because EVERYTHING needs sounds.   So its not like they can work on their own projects for warframe.  

But this is something I will always keep pushing for just because it will add such a different dimension to that kind of songs we can make.