Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(COSMETIC SUGGESTION) Artemis Bow... Not living up to its legend as a gods weapon.

Spoocz232323

"Summon a mighty bow and unleash a volley of devastating arrows."

Now I've personally never felt that practically, Artemis fails to perform well because it definitely does in my opinion but it DEFINITELY looks underwhelming.

I just wanted to give the Developers my 2 cents, and suggest a simple appearance change to the Artemis Bow, specifically increasing its size, Great Bows are a fairly well known weapon of war, and I feel summoning a mighty Great Bow would be more awesome than what is currently clearly a Short Bow... Picture standing on one of your tripwires up high, and just pulling out a massive Great Bow instead! That would fit the description better!

Please share your opinion on this, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about the size of the Artemis Bow.

1 hour ago, Spoocz232323 said:

"Summon a mighty bow and unleash a volley of devastating arrows."

Now I've personally never felt that practically, Artemis fails to perform well because it definitely does in my opinion but it DEFINITELY looks underwhelming.

I just wanted to give the Developers my 2 cents, and suggest a simple appearance change to the Artemis Bow, specifically increasing its size, Great Bows are a fairly well known weapon of war, and I feel summoning a mighty Great Bow would be more awesome than what is currently clearly a Short Bow... Picture standing on one of your tripwires up high, and just pulling out a massive Great Bow instead! That would fit the description better!

Please share your opinion on this, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about the size of the Artemis Bow.

I agree. I was hoping Artemis bow would be more of a shimmering Daikyu than what we got.

4 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I agree. I was hoping Artemis bow would be more of a shimmering Daikyu than what we got.

I'm glad you agree, I know it's a far cry but I hope the Developers see this post and acknowledge it, hopefully more people would be on board too!

Additionally, I was picturing something bigger than the Daikyu, the Bow of a Goddess, deserves to be unrealistically massive 😛 without looking stupid of course.

Edited by Spoocz232323

4 hours ago, (XB1)GhostofaMessiah said:

True... But it's just so plain looking. 

Don't you think it would be cool I'm there was a monkey on both ends one covering his ears and the other, his eyes, or anything symbolic or artistic at all?

I played Wukong too, I agree the staff looks plain, but I felt it wasn't this alone that was a bit of a let down, especially the first ability come to mind...  which essentially just pokes a target.

4 hours ago, yles9056 said:

But isn't Ivara a huntress/thief-themed warframe? A smaller and lighter hunting bow would be more suitable.

Exactly this I'd say. Her theme is silent huntress/thief. Having a huge ostentatious bow really wouldn't make sense since she's supposed to be all about NOT being loud and noticeable. Plus it shooting a whole volley of arrows with each pull is already big enough for me.

9 hours ago, yles9056 said:

But isn't Ivara a huntress/thief-themed warframe? A smaller and lighter hunting bow would be more suitable.

True, a small Short Bow suits the huntress theme she has for the purpose of subterfuge. But on the other side of the coin, Artemis' Bow was an impressive silver Great Bow in mythology, personally it being big can still suit her stealthy play style, since the bow will remain silent regardless. I suppose it comes down to individual taste.

5 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

I really dig the way the bow looks with her current skin, fits the rogue/thief vibe she's got going on. That said, this would be a great concept for a deluxe skin, doubly so if was treated as an optional, separate skin for her exalted bow.

Actually you might've hit the nail on the coffin, a skin for this would be good for those who like the idea of a large bow without changing it completely and annoying people who prefer a small Short Bow!

7 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

This does sound good. Are we talking Daikyu/Lenz-size great bow or potentially even bigger?

I picture something potentially bigger. I think of an Ivara sat in shadows, silent with a huge devastating Bow of a Goddess decimating unsuspecting enemies.

I support the idea for a bigger bow. I made a loadout named "Big Game Hunting", painted her black and red and used the Noble skin. I use Ivara for Eidolon hunting now because Lanka feels like an exploit of unintentional design.

Explosive arrow doesn't fit the stealth theme, either. To me, Ivara is more of a Navy Seal than a spy. And imho, that's what a ninja should be. Devastating in combat if the situation demands it.

Size of the bow doesn't matter for stealth purposes as she can un/summon it at any time. Anyone dealing in stealth would say that's perfect.

So, give me that forest-spirit-looking divine longbow!

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

I support the idea for a bigger bow. I made a loadout named "Big Game Hunting", painted her black and red and used the Noble skin. I use Ivara for Eidolon hunting now because Lanka feels like an exploit of unintentional design.

Explosive arrow doesn't fit the stealth theme, either. To me, Ivara is more of a Navy Seal than a spy. And imho, that's what a ninja should be. Devastating in combat if the situation demands it.

Size of the bow doesn't matter for stealth purposes as she can un/summon it at any time. Anyone dealing in stealth would say that's perfect.

So, give me that forest-spirit-looking divine longbow!

That's true, Explosive Arrow is so good on her now and partially threw the stealth aspect out of the window. I'm glad you agree on a giant badass bow haha!

2 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Wukong of Chinese lore, his staff is plain looking though.

True but the Wukong of Chinese lore also wasn't an advanced battle suit made for war with nobody in it, so the authenticity of the theme is already out the window.